HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers agree to terms with Fritsche - $875,000/YR

Old
07-06-2008, 12:50 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
i like what i hear about this kid....good size and a good shot and he is only dubi's age.....IMO those two should play together with korpikoski/callahan on the 3rd line

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 12:54 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i like what i hear about this kid....good size and a good shot and he is only dubi's age.....IMO those two should play together with korpikoski/callahan on the 3rd line
this kid has guts http://hockeyfights.com/players/805/fightcard/reg2008

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
Not sure he will be a center for us.

At least not beyond this season.

Once Anisimov is up, i think he will be moved to wing full time.
All U.S. kid line with Fritsche, Dubinsky ,Callahan..........do it do it

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 12:15 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 12:18 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
maybe sather moves betts for defensive help on d. i can see fritsche making betts expendable.
Defensive help on D?

The Rangers have one of the strongest defenses in the Atlantic Conference.

They are set with D.

Im sorry, Fritsche and Betts are two different players. Betts is the prototypical 4th line center and the Rangers are not going to give that up, PLUS their best penalty killer especially after losing Straka, Shanahan and Avery.

What you smokin over there?

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 12:21 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
That's a waste of Dubinsky's potential. You're probably more likely to see a Rissmiller-Fritsche-Callahan if you want an All-American line.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 12:27 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Defensive help on D?

The Rangers have one of the strongest defenses in the Atlantic Conference.

They are set with D.

Im sorry, Fritsche and Betts are two different players. Betts is the prototypical 4th line center and the Rangers are not going to give that up, PLUS their best penalty killer especially after losing Straka, Shanahan and Avery.

What you smokin over there?
I don't think they will make a move like this, but a lot of their blueline's success rests with Redden.

I have no worries about Staal or Girardi, and we know what to expect from Rozsival and Mara. Redden is really the big question mark.

By the way, if it ever came to picking between Fritsche and Betts, I think they go with Betts in a heartbeat. Renney likes and trusts Betts. Betts is pretty darn dependable.

Old
07-07-2008, 12:53 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Actually not filing for arbitration is a bigger concern for me. If a player (like say, Nigel Dawes) thinks he can do better with an offer sheet or outside of the artbitration process, we have absolutely no guarantee he will be on the team next year. A David Backes type offer ($2.5MM for 3 years) that would only return a 2nd round draft choice from a team below the salary floor (i.e. Los Angeles, Phoenix) could put the Rangers into a world of salary cap hurt right now. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers call for arbitration on Dawes today or tomorrow.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
That's a waste of Dubinsky's potential. You're probably more likely to see a Rissmiller-Fritsche-Callahan if you want an All-American line.
If Gomez and Drury are at C then Dubinsky gets the 3rd line spot sooooo Callahan and Fritsche make sense

Unless Drury moves to RW with Dubinsky at C which i don't see until Aminisev is ready next yr

Old
07-07-2008, 01:24 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Who says Dubi stays in the middle? His game is better suited for the wing, anyway.

Old
07-07-2008, 01:33 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Dont get the "trade him" comments.

We just got a new player who looks to be a solid 35 pt 3rd line guy.. maybe some PK work.

Lets see what hes got for the season..
Why is everyone saying this?

He's 23 next week, had very little AHL experience, minimal NHL exposure and still produced points appropriate to the limited time he got. How does that equate to a "3rd line guy"?

You guys REALLY underrate Fritsche. He's about as versatile as Mike Richards and is a similar kind of player (from the same draft class). He may never be as good as Richards, but there is legitimate (and fairly obvious) top-six potential.

Every player has some limitation... in this case, Fritsche will have to battle through injuries, but to preclude him from ever being more than a 3rd liner at 23 is a joke.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 01:41 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post

He's 23 next week, had very little AHL experience, minimal NHL exposure and still produced points appropriate to the limited time he got. How does that equate to a "3rd line guy"?

You guys REALLY underrate Fritsche. He's about as versatile as Mike Richards and is a similar kind of player (from the same draft class). He may never be as good as Richards, but there is legitimate (and fairly obvious) top-six potential.

Every player has some limitation... in this case, Fritsche will have to battle through injuries, but to preclude him from ever being more than a 3rd liner at 23 is a joke.
i really like the idea of a callahan-dubinsky-fritsche line....young, fast, girtty.....and in todays nhl the third line needs to produce and i think this line can do that

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
maybe sather moves betts for defensive help on d. i can see fritsche making betts expendable.
This has got to be the most retarted thing ive ever heard!!!!!!

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post

I was defending him, but appearently not enough?

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Who says Dubi stays in the middle? His game is better suited for the wing, anyway.
Why? He looks fine at center...can't say I see him looking better on the wing

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
So, Fritsche made $750k last year (cap hit of ~$610k). What would the QO be on him? If the arbitrator goes over $1.4MM I bet the Rangers walk.

As I stated elsewhere, I think the threat of another team signing Dawes, or any of our RFAs to an offer sheet is low. Slats has more resources than most GMs to sign RFAs to huge offer sheets, and I think that would scare most GMs away. Also, it really seems like most GMs don't like the idea of offer sheets as it violates some sort of gentleman's agreement. Sort of like everyone looks the other way with the non-tampering tampering.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 03:17 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Rob View Post
Spell retarded right!

Really hope we settle with Fritsche before arbitration, from the little I've seen of him, the kid has game.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i really like the idea of a callahan-dubinsky-fritsche line....young, fast, girtty.....and in todays nhl the third line needs to produce and i think this line can do that
I know glad I thought of it......I am sure the Ranger Brass did'nt...........

Old
07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Actually not filing for arbitration is a bigger concern for me. If a player (like say, Nigel Dawes) thinks he can do better with an offer sheet or outside of the artbitration process, we have absolutely no guarantee he will be on the team next year. A David Backes type offer ($2.5MM for 3 years) that would only return a 2nd round draft choice from a team below the salary floor (i.e. Los Angeles, Phoenix) could put the Rangers into a world of salary cap hurt right now. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers call for arbitration on Dawes today or tomorrow.
I don't think Dawes is eligible for arbitration because he is coming off his first professional contract.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Matt

Last year under Hitchcock, Fritsche played left wing, right wing and center and played on all four lines at one time or another. He is an excellent penalty killer (has scored short handed more than once) and can be effective on the power play at any of the forward positions and also at the right point. When his hand was broken, Hitch said without him the Jackets would not make the playoff.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 06:45 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Last year under Hitchcock, Fritsche played left wing, right wing and center and played on all four lines at one time or another. He is an excellent penalty killer (has scored short handed more than once) and can be effective on the power play at any of the forward positions and also at the right point. When his hand was broken, Hitch said without him the Jackets would not make the playoff.
Wow, strong words coming from a respected hockey mind. Thanks for the info Matt.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 07:01 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Wow, strong words coming from a respected hockey mind. Thanks for the info Matt.
People are really under-rating the acquisition of Fritsche. I don't see him as a replacement for Betts. I think he's got more upside than Callahan, and is a better all-around player than Dawes. I think he's a shoo-in for at least the 3rd line RW slot. I'd also give consideration to a Drury-Dubi-Fritsche 2nd line.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 07:46 AM
Matt

He never really had a chance to show his stuff with the Jackets. He was always given a defensive roll, any scoring was a plus. Wait until you see how fast he is, and how he can retrieve the puck on a dump and chase play. For the minutes he played his points per minutes played are pretty good. He will be a crowd pleaser. Trouble he had last year is he would play so balls out, even in practice, Hitch would scratch him now and then just to give him a rest. Was one of the best conditioned players on the team. At the time he broke his hand, he was playing with Nash, and that was really something to see.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 08:49 AM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
They probably would not have made it with him either. I'm no Fritsche-hater and I think the kid's got some skill and deserves a shot at the lineup, but he certainly doesn't strike me as a game-breaker. Maybe in Columbus, but not here in the Big Show.

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Rob View Post
You were able to HEAR this post? God, the only thing that would make JOrts posts more entertaining would be if they came with a sound clip.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote