HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Demitra to Canucks... OFFICIAL as per Canucks.com

Old
07-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Michael Scott*

vCash: 500
Demitra to Canucks... OFFICIAL as per Canucks.com

Lets see if it becomes true...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16139

Michael Scott* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:07 PM
DreamCatcher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scott View Post
I like his word play "looks done", very coy and clever but I rather not trust that phrase.

DreamCatcher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:07 PM
YogiCanucks

I thought it was "done" 2 weeks ago =(.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Rover*

With mo gone now, I sure hope we get demitra now. Plus Bernier/Demitra > Naslund/Bmo, so maybe all the bridge jumpers will stop saying we got worse than last year.

Rover* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Shane

Man, does Eklund ever butcher the English language. His writing is atrocious. Seriously, the guy needs to invest in a spell check.

Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:12 PM
DreamCatcher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post
With mo gone now, I sure hope we get demitra now. Plus Bernier/Demitra > Naslund/Bmo, so maybe all the bridge jumpers will stop saying we got worse than last year.
Hypothetically, if everything Gills planned to do manifests then Sundin, Demitra, Bernier, Hodichuk, Johnson,Wellwood, Baumgartner>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Naslund, Morrison, Weaver, Isbister, Ritchie, Cowan.

Old
07-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
Hypothetically, if everything Gills planned to do manifests then Sundin, Demitra, Bernier, Hodichuk, Johnson,Wellwood, Baumgartner>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Naslund, Morrison, Weaver, Isbister, Ritchie, Cowan.
A little over the top, don't you think? Take away 3 or 4 >'s and you're getting back into realistic territory.

Finkle is Einhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:19 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Bbq2?

parabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Michael Scott*

I guess we're getting grittier?

Michael Scott* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:27 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Alright Mats well there you have it, if you were worried about joining a contender or not...with you on board we're front runners.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
I can't but feel that with $20m in cap space, he could have done a lot more.

That amount of money should be able to buy you 3 or 4 top six players.

Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:29 PM
KDizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post

sure... if everybody was a UFA this season and it was set up like a fantasy pool.

But the reality was that there wasn't a lot out there...

KDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:31 PM
smileyface

Quote:

Unfortunately this year's UFA crop was lackluster. 2nd-tier players are getting 1st-tier money. I think I'd pass on that too.

smileyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:31 PM
DreamCatcher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
A little over the top, don't you think? Take away 3 or 4 >'s and you're getting back into realistic territory.
hmm, nah..I think its just fine where it is

Old
07-07-2008, 08:32 PM
SaucyNavel
GinoGinoGino

k.....Mike Gillis does not tell people they are playing here...players say where they go...

why don't people understand this?....

SaucyNavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:

Sundin, Demitra and Bernier would be 3 top 6 forwards. Not wanting to saddle the team with long term contracts with marginal talent is a very smart move. Something other g.m.'s are learning the hard way.

If indeed we do end up with Sundin and Demitra I would have to say Gillis comes across looking like a genious in my eyes. I have liked every acquisition so far and think a short term, over market value deal tendered to Mats is a very smart play.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Colton2233

Who the hell is Eklund???

Colton2233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:39 PM
DreamCatcher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae44 View Post
Who the hell is Eklund???
Leave this forum now, keep your mind pure.

Old
07-07-2008, 08:44 PM
nuck4life*

if we get kovalchuk it's like that darth maul light Sabre. luongo is one end and kovy is the other. dare to dream, dare to dream

pretty sick if you ask me... 2 franchise players ughhhh, so sick

ok, say if he does come here for the sedins, we basically trade away an entire line. but then we gain something very valuable, INTENSITY.

the sedins style of play is not INTENSE, it does not frighten or dazzle, and it is not clutch. btw, kovalchuk is probably one of the most clutch international performers. he scored what was it? 4 goals in one game, and then he made ovechkin say, "yes he is the man" a couple of months ago

i'm not sure if there were other teams that won the stanley cup with this format. one star forward and one star goalie. i guess we'll begin the precedent.

-another way i see this deal going down is, MG really believes our prospects are high-end. he would have lots of faith in them, to bring them straight into the NHL, without any prior experience (ALA hodgson, grabner)

another thing we gain is, kovalchuk's two years of youth compared to the sedins. he is currently 25 and sedins are 27. meaning the sedins only have at most 6 years of productiveness, meanwhile kovalchuk's best is yet to come.

-the downside is that i'm unsure if he would be as productive. the western conference is NOT RUN AND GUN. everyone checks you like a biatch. if your tempers rattle, and dampen your performance, it may be the worst move for the nucks.

with all that being said, i only see this trade as a rebuild type of move. i just don't see it as a quick fix. but it is designed for the future.... great things are yet to come.

for example, i'm skeptical, contract talks are going great between sedins and MG, that's another reason why MG would opt to trade them. **perhaps, get them back through UFA.... what a conspiracy** or better yet, we can get gaborik to play alongside him, that would easily be the scariest duo in the NHL

kovalchuk-possibly demitra- gaborik.
that would be like bure/mogilny all over again

nuck4life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Luongo4VP

Demitra-Sedin-Sedin
Raymond-Wellwood-Bernier
Pettinger-Kesler-Pyatt
Burrows-Johnson-Cowan

Ohlund-Bieksa
Salo-Edler
Mitchell-Krajicek

Luongo
Schneider

I sure wouldn't be complaining with a lineup like that. I think we might have the best chance of making a cinderella run out of all the Canadian teams.

Luongo4VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Vector

nuck4life, how old are you?

Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastoftheBest11 View Post
I sure wouldn't be complaining with a lineup like that. I think we might have the best chance of making a cinderella run out of all the Canadian teams.
No, Montreal is still the best Canadian team. Toronto is easily the worst. Ottawa is in shambles, while Calgary is probably a bit worse than last year. Edmonton is a real wild card though, I could see them doing well this season. As for us, well, we're better than Toronto at least. Perhaps as good as Calgary and Ottawa.

Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Luongo4VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
No, Montreal is still the best Canadian team. Toronto is easily the worst. Ottawa is in shambles, while Calgary is probably a bit worse than last year. Edmonton is a real wild card though, I could see them doing well this season. As for us, well, we're better than Toronto at least. Perhaps as good as Calgary and Ottawa.
If we get Demitra, we would be higher then Calgary IMO

I see this as the rankings for the NW next season:

Minnesota
Edmonton
Vancouver
Calgary
Colarado

IF we get Demitra and stay healthy.

And I said CINDERELLA runs for the canadian teams, one which is totally unexpected.

Luongo4VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:56 PM
TheCanuckInOttawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuck4life View Post
if we get kovalchuk it's like that darth maul light Sabre. luongo is one end and kovy is the other. dare to dream, dare to dream

ok, say if he does come here for the sedins, we basically trade away an entire line. but then we gain something very valuable, INTENSITY.

the sedins style of play is not INTENSE, it does not frighten or dazzle, and it is not clutch. btw, kovalchuk is probably one of the most clutch international performers. he scored what was it? 4 goals in one game, and then he made ovechkin say, "yes he is the man" a couple of months ago

i'm not sure if there were other teams that won the stanley cup with this format. one star forward and one star goalie. i guess we'll begin the precedent.

-another way i see this deal going down is, MG really believes our prospects are high-end. he would have lots of faith in them, to bring them straight into the NHL, without any prior experience (ALA hodgson, grabner)

another thing we gain is, kovalchuk's two years of youth compared to the sedins. he is currently 25 and sedins are 27. meaning the sedins only have at most 6 years of productiveness, meanwhile kovalchuk's best is yet to come.

-the downside is that i'm unsure if he would be as productive. the western conference is NOT RUN AND GUN. everyone checks you like a biatch. if your tempers rattle, and dampen your performance, it may be the worst move for the nucks.

with all that being said, i only see this trade as a rebuild type of move. i just don't see it as a quick fix. but it is designed for the future.... great things are yet to come.

for example, i'm skeptical, contract talks are going great between sedins and MG, that's another reason why MG would opt to trade them. **perhaps, get them back through UFA.... what a conspiracy** or better yet, we can get gaborik to play alongside him, that would easily be the scariest duo in the NHL

Where does this Kovalchuk idea come from?

TheCanuckInOttawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:57 PM
DreamCatcher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuck4life View Post

, completely off-topic and I have no idea what your talking about.