HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Demitra to Canucks... OFFICIAL as per Canucks.com

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2008, 10:02 PM
  #26
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,392
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
I'm thinking our lineup will look more like this:

Raymond (0.833) - Sundin (10) - Demitra (3.5)
Sedin (3.575) - Sedin (3.575) - Bernier (2.5)
Burrows (0.483) - Kesler (1.75) - Pettinger (1)
Cowan (0.725) - Johnson (1.15) - Hordichuk (0.75)
Wellwood (1)

Mitchell (3.5) - Bieksa (3.75)
Edler (0.5) - Ohlund (3.5)
Salo (3.5) - Krajicek (1.1)
Baumgartner (0.6)

Luongo (6.75)
Sanford (0.65)

Total offense: $30.841
Total defense: $16.45

Total team: $0.367 + $54.691 = $55.058 million

Well within the cap and it allows us to re-sign the twins to long-term extensions and/or Edler.

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:04 PM
  #27
MTechnik
Showtime
 
MTechnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,029
vCash: 500
How reliable is this?

http://nhlline.ca/news/?p=158


"According to a source, the Vancouver Canucks and UFA forward Pavol Demitra are closing in on a multi-year deal. One source indicated the two sides may have verbally agreed to a deal but we are still awaiting further confirmation. Any deal won’t be announced until tomorrow."

MTechnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:05 PM
  #28
DreamCatcher*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In Your Mind
Country: United Nations
Posts: 4,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pauser View Post
I'm thinking our lineup will look more like this:

Raymond (0.833) - Sundin (10) - Demitra (3.5)
Sedin (3.575) - Sedin (3.575) - Bernier (2.5)
Burrows (0.483) - Kesler (1.75) - Pettinger (1)
Cowan (0.725) - Johnson (1.15) - Hordichuk (0.75)
Wellwood (1)

Mitchell (3.5) - Bieksa (3.75)
Edler (0.5) - Ohlund (3.5)
Salo (3.5) - Krajicek (1.1)
Baumgartner (0.6)

Luongo (6.75)
Sanford (0.65)

Total offense: $30.841
Total defense: $16.45

Total team: $0.367 + $54.691 = $55.058 million

Well within the cap and it allows us to re-sign the twins to long-term extensions and/or Edler.

I highly doubt Cowan will be in the line-up, I also read in a minnesota article that Demitra is a left-winger so I would re-adjust the line to this: Demitra-Sundin-Wellwood

DreamCatcher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:07 PM
  #29
hackey
You're Not Bored...
 
hackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: You're Boring
Posts: 2,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluninja View Post
How reliable is this?

http://nhlline.ca/news/?p=158


"According to a source, the Vancouver Canucks and UFA forward Pavol Demitra are closing in on a multi-year deal. One source indicated the two sides may have verbally agreed to a deal but we are still awaiting further confirmation. Any deal won’t be announced until tomorrow."
I bet his source is Eklund

hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:10 PM
  #30
joe blow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pauser View Post
I'm thinking our lineup will look more like this:

Raymond (0.833) - Sundin (10) - Demitra (3.5)
Sedin (3.575) - Sedin (3.575) - Bernier (2.5)
Burrows (0.483) - Kesler (1.75) - Pettinger (1)
Cowan (0.725) - Johnson (1.15) - Hordichuk (0.75)
Wellwood (1)

Mitchell (3.5) - Bieksa (3.75)
Edler (0.5) - Ohlund (3.5)
Salo (3.5) - Krajicek (1.1)
Baumgartner (0.6)

Luongo (6.75)
Sanford (0.65)

Total offense: $30.841
Total defense: $16.45

Total team: $0.367 + $54.691 = $55.058 million

Well within the cap and it allows us to re-sign the twins to long-term extensions and/or Edler.
If I may suggest a small change, how would everyone feel about:

Demitra (3.5) - Sundin (10) - Wellwood (1)
Sedin (3.575) - Sedin (3.575) - Bernier (2.5)
Raymond (0.833) - Kesler (1.75) - Pettinger (1)
Burrows (0.483) - Johnson (1.15) - Hordichuk (0.75)
Rypien (??)

Cowan anywhere but Vancouver.

joe blow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:11 PM
  #31
Impossibles
Registered User
 
Impossibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Langley, BC
Country: British Antarctic Territory
Posts: 6,446
vCash: 500
I'd be pretty happy with this. Demitra is a great talent when properly motivated. I don't think he fit in with Minny like they had hoped. He's been close to a PPG player for the last several years, and 33 years old is not ancient. As long as the term isn't crazy, nor the money over $5M/season, I'm happy with this move.

tsn.ca lists his as a W/C, what's his natural position?

Impossibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:18 PM
  #32
MTechnik
Showtime
 
MTechnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossibles View Post
I'd be pretty happy with this. Demitra is a great talent when properly motivated. I don't think he fit in with Minny like they had hoped. He's been close to a PPG player for the last several years, and 33 years old is not ancient. As long as the term isn't crazy, nor the money over $5M/season, I'm happy with this move.

tsn.ca lists his as a W/C, what's his natural position?
I remember him playing RW in St.Louis and L.A, but that's a long time ago.

MTechnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:24 PM
  #33
FruityPants3*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossibles View Post
tsn.ca lists his as a W/C, what's his natural position?
Mostly wheelbarrow

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:25 PM
  #34
Core
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Demitra was great at RW. Maybe a decline in his production when he was in Minnesota was as a result of being cofined in Lemaire's system as well as playing as a centre, which is a position that he is not comfortable with. If the canucks sign sundin and demitra plays his rw or rw for the sedin line, he could have point totals just like when he was still in his prime.

Core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:26 PM
  #35
joe blow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
While on the topic of Demitra, can someone please clarify something for me. People always say that Demitra is injury-prone and misses too many games. Well, I was just looking at his stats, http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php3?pid=1325, and since 2001-2002 (6 NHL seasons), he has played 68 games or more each season, with the exception of 2005-2006 when he played 58. While not an exceptional record, he has played 425 out of 492 games in those 6 years, or 86.38% of the possible games.

So my question is, would most people consider that a lot of games to miss, or are some posters just going on general perception when they say Demitra is too injury-prone? I should add that I am referencing CDC posters as much as HF posters, butI have seen the comment made on both.

joe blow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:26 PM
  #36
Vector
Registered User
 
Vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Junktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossibles View Post
tsn.ca lists his as a W/C, what's his natural position?
Originally drafted at Centre he has stated that he prefers to play on the wing. As for which wing he prefers or is better at I don't know. He's shoots left so that may factor in.

Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:27 PM
  #37
State of Hockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 11,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossibles View Post
tsn.ca lists his as a W/C, what's his natural position?
I believe center is his natural position, but he played all three forward with the Wild. It all depended on the situation. He's versatile.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:30 PM
  #38
tonydif
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Demitra and wikipedia errors!!!

Can someone who knows how, please change the wikipedia entry for Demitra. He was not drafted by the Canucks in the 1st round and never played for the Toronto Raptors!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavol_Demitra

tonydif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:32 PM
  #39
Luongo4VP
 
Luongo4VP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: India
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluninja View Post
How reliable is this?

http://nhlline.ca/news/?p=158


"According to a source, the Vancouver Canucks and UFA forward Pavol Demitra are closing in on a multi-year deal. One source indicated the two sides may have verbally agreed to a deal but we are still awaiting further confirmation. Any deal won’t be announced until tomorrow."
That site is actually very reliable, it got word of the verbal agreement on Peca's extension in Columbus last week, prior to TFP and Hockeybuzz getting in on it.

I hope its a 4-year deal worth 19.5M, what Huselius got in CBJ

Luongo4VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:34 PM
  #40
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 16,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHomelessAteMyCat View Post
Mostly wheelbarrow
I'm not sure if Demitra's work ethic is consistent with the wheelbarrow. I was thinking reverse cowgirl.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:35 PM
  #41
Vector
Registered User
 
Vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Junktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastoftheBest11 View Post
That site is actually very reliable, it got word of the verbal agreement on Peca's extension in Columbus last week, prior to TFP and Hockeybuzz getting in on it.

I hope its a 4-year deal worth 19.5M, what Huselius got in CBJ
You're a funny man.

Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:35 PM
  #42
Luongo4VP
 
Luongo4VP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: India
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Why is everyone claiming that we are going to land Mats Sundin? Just because we threw 10M his way doesn't mean hes necessarily going to choose Vancouver, maybe he wants to win a cup, if we sign Demitra however, I can see this in my realm of possibility.

Luongo4VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:36 PM
  #43
Luongo4VP
 
Luongo4VP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: India
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector View Post
You're a funny man.
How so?

Luongo4VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:36 PM
  #44
Core
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe blow View Post
While on the topic of Demitra, can someone please clarify something for me. People always say that Demitra is injury-prone and misses too many games. Well, I was just looking at his stats, http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php3?pid=1325, and since 2001-2002 (6 NHL seasons), he has played 68 games or more each season, with the exception of 2005-2006 when he played 58. While not an exceptional record, he has played 425 out of 492 games in those 6 years, or 86.38% of the possible games.

So my question is, would most people consider that a lot of games to miss, or are some posters just going on general perception when they say Demitra is too injury-prone? I should add that I am referencing CDC posters as much as HF posters, butI have seen the comment made on both.
Probably the latter. Just like people saying the Sedins can't perform in the playoffs and Marian Hossa being talentless without Crosby and Malkin, which are obviously not true.

Core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:37 PM
  #45
Luongo4VP
 
Luongo4VP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: India
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro View Post
Probably the latter. Just like people saying the Sedins can't perform in the playoffs and Marian Hossa being talentless without Crosby and Malkin, which are obviously not true.
+1, Demitra would be a solid addition to this club.

Luongo4VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:37 PM
  #46
Vector
Registered User
 
Vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Junktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastoftheBest11 View Post
How so?
The part about the Peca signing the same contract as Huselius and saying that NHLLine is reliable. I'm not one to argue but both comments are bordering on absurd.

Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:38 PM
  #47
Core
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastoftheBest11 View Post
How so?
I think that its best to have a short term deal than a long term deal. Problems may arise and if a player is still under contract, that means trouble.

Core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:39 PM
  #48
SaucyNavel
GinoGinoGino
 
SaucyNavel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,005
vCash: 500
you hope it would be 4 years?...wow.....2 would be good...3..pushing it...4...outrageous

SaucyNavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:41 PM
  #49
Vector
Registered User
 
Vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Junktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro View Post
I think that its best to have a short term deal than a long term deal. Problems may arise and if a player is still under contract, that means trouble.
Nice ninja edit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro
ROFL

Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:41 PM
  #50
Luongo4VP
 
Luongo4VP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: India
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector View Post
The part about the Peca signing the same contract as Huselius and saying that NHLLine is reliable. I'm not one to argue but both comments are bordering on absurd.
NOOOOOOOO, Oh my god, I was saying that I hope Demitra was going to get Huselius money, so sorry for the misunderstanding.

Luongo4VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.