HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Will Game 7 be the last time we see 'Coaches Corner' on CBC/HNIC?

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2004, 05:08 PM
c-carp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite
Monday may very well be the last time Grapes will be on CBC. I hope not, as much as I don't agree with him most of the time, Grapes is definitely entertaining. CBC needs someone like Grapes to counter the asinine comments from Al Strachan on 'Hotstove'.

http://www.canada.com/sports/hockey/...6-F569A413A61B
Grapes is my favorite Hockey commentator and I sure hope they keep him around if he wants to come back. It is refreshing to hear someone speak their mind like he does even though it is so popular to be Politically correct nowadays and you can still learn a lot about the game from Grapes.

Old
06-08-2004, 12:04 AM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
But "5 minutes for fighting" with Brian Burke and Al Strachan has a nicer ring to it.
Yeah, but there would only be one show. Burke would kill Strachan.

Old
06-08-2004, 08:44 AM
Raisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil
I hope to God that this isnt Cherry's last night on HNIC. I know there have been a bunch of "tree-huggers" on CBC that have wanted him of of there for eternity, but my question is why? If you look beyond the fact that he may yell at the camera once in a while he makes some very good points about the game. Love him or hate him most of the things he says are correct. Think about what he says in his Rock Em Sock Em movies. He has some great values on the game. They never have deviated. Stuff like hitting form behind, runing up the score, not being a hot dog. Let's face it Don talks about the way the game should be played. He's cut from an old cloth and is a dying breed of what I think this country needs more of. He sticks up for Canadians and Canadian kids first. But of course that's a bad thing to do in this country. We need to focus on that kid from Slovakia that's here to take a job away from one of our kids in Junior Hockey.

But he has a great set of morals that are lost in all of this. Stuff like his appreciation for war heroes, his patriotism, not taking the Lord's name in vain, stuff like that is what he believes in. And what he says is true most of the time which angers the bleeding heart Liberals (because no one can be offended nowadays). So really I think we need a voice like his in Hockey. Someone has to come out and say it.
Well said. My feelings exactly

Old
06-08-2004, 12:48 PM
HFXMooseHabs

I don't know if this has already been posted somewhere but just in case:

http://www.savedoncherry.ca/

Closed Thread