HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is our top Defence Pairing?

Old
07-07-2008, 05:58 PM
oilerfan17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragss View Post
Its my understanding that Lubo only plays right on the PP.

This is what Im pretty sure it will be:

Souray Staois
Lubo Gilbert
Smid Grebs (or grebs smid)
Nope, he plays right all the time. He says that the reason for his bad year last year was that he was told to play the left side at all times, when he is much more comfortable on the right. I can only hope that MacT and the coaching staff plays him exclusively on the right, because he is deadly there.

oilerfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:47 PM
jiggyman

IMO, Smid-Staios need to be broken up before Staios' erratic play kills Smids' development.

Which is why I'd pair Souray with Staios, let them PK, give them average ES minutes. Souray on the PP obviously. This pairing will get UGLY at times.

Stick with Gilbert-Grebs, they compliment each other nicely. Have done some heavy lifting for short periods of time. We NEED this pairing to play great, regression isn't an option or we may be in for a long season.

That leaves my new favorite pairing Visnovsky-Smid. Smid will be a new player by years end. Visnovsky's game will compliment Smid nicely and allow his puck moving game to grow as it should be.

Visnovsky-Smid
Gilbert-Grebs
Souray-Staios

(ignoring who's LD/RD)

I hope some will eat crow when my theory that Staios' game also kills his partners game is proven this season. Some seem to believe Smid was killing Staios' game which I very much disagree with.

jiggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Yeah, Vishnovsy shoots left, but both he and Gilbert play RD (as does Staios).

I should also point out that I was referring to ES when I asked who our #1 pair would be.

I'd go with this;

Souray-Gilbert
Grebeshkov-Visnovsky
Smid-Staios

This is what I had when we had Pitkanen, but now Visnovsky just replaces Pitkanen and the rest of my lineup stays the same.

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote