HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(rumor) preds negociate with linus videll

Old
05-28-2008, 06:28 PM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I could list a ton of top line players that skate as bad as Radulov, even a few HOFers
I agree. Rads style of skating is unorthodox but like alot of russians he has a short choppy skating stride. It might not look graceful like Legwand but he gets from point A to point b fast enough. his skating isnt what is holding him back. What is holding him back is consistency. He has to learn how to use his linemates better in the offensive end For awhile this season it looked liek Dumont and Arny got ahold of him and he really started playing alot better. Then when Rads and that line started to struggle Rads started to revert back into some bad habits he had at the beggining of the year. He'll be fine though.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:36 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Someone want to translate this?

Apparently we may be close to a deal with Videll.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 03:35 AM
JussiM

Rough translation, you'd probably get equally good result with those online translators.

He's extremely close to signing, hopefully this week. Nashville has been hot for Videll since winter but then came Europe's and NHL's transfer dispute... He has two years left with Södertälje but unlike Jonas Frögren - who had to be bought out - he has NHL clause in his contract.

A few weeks ago it didn't look like he'd be in NHL this fall but things have taken a turn for better. Videll doesn't want to tell what has changed with negotations or which NHL team it is. According to a sportsmagazine it's two-year deal worth 1.3 millions if he's in NHL and notably less if in farm.

There's not much of a chance for team to get compensation for the player, as per international icehockey agreement. But Södertälje is counting on getting something if Videll is going to North America. There's a clause for a certain amount of money if the contract is broken, but because there's no agreement in force, it's uncertain what would happen.

Is Södertälje counting on having Videll with the team next season? Last time Södertälje's boss Stefan Nyman talked with him, he was commited to play with them and until Nyman hears otherwise, that's how it is...

[OT]Probably no one didn't even notice but I haven't been active on forums for a while and the reason is I had my collarbone broken in the beginning of June. It even required surgery, that was three weeks ago so I still got my arm on a sling. A bit ****** trying to type with only one hand... [/OT]

Last edited by JussiM: 07-08-2008 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Add rest of translation.
JussiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 08:21 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
His name sounds like a UFC fighter.

What did you do to your collarbone?

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiM View Post
Rough translation, you'd probably get equally good result with those online translators.

He's extremely close to signing, hopefully this week. Nashville has been hot for Videll since winter but then came Europe's and NHL's transfer dispute... He has two years left with Södertälje but unlike Jonas Frögren - who had to be bought out - he has NHL clause in his contract.

A few weeks ago it didn't look like he'd be in NHL this fall but things have taken a turn for better. Videll doesn't want to tell what has changed with negotations or which NHL team it is. According to a sportsmagazine it's two-year deal worth 1.3 millions if he's in NHL and notably less if in farm.

There's not much of a chance for team to get compensation for the player, as per international icehockey agreement. But Södertälje is counting on getting something if Videll is going to North America. There's a clause for a certain amount of money if the contract is broken, but because there's no agreement in force, it's uncertain what would happen.

Is Södertälje counting on having Videll with the team next season? Last time Södertälje's boss Stefan Nyman talked with him, he was commited to play with them and until Nyman hears otherwise, that's how it is...

[OT]Probably no one didn't even notice but I haven't been active on forums for a while and the reason is I had my collarbone broken in the beginning of June. It even required surgery, that was three weeks ago so I still got my arm on a sling. A bit ****** trying to type with only one hand... [/OT]
Thanks for the update.

I hope your collarbone heals well. I've been there and done that....it sucks trying to flip your pillow over! I'll drop some prayers in for you .

07-08-2008, 11:28 AM
braindead

Hope I'm wrong but he sounds a bit like Josef Vasicek doesn't he?

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 11:34 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Hope I'm wrong but he sounds a bit like Josef Vasicek doesn't he?
I don't think he's soft like Joey was.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 11:50 AM
JussiM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
What did you do to your collarbone?
That might be the worst thing about it: there's no cool story. I just fell awkwardly off bicycle. Oh well...

JussiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 07:04 PM
DManPreds11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipera1960 View Post
On the other hand, his "Draft Projection" was 3rd-4th round, and he went in the 7th. Kind of indicates what most scouts thought of him...

However, I could see the Preds being seriously interested if he is willing to play in Milwaukee if he doesn't make the NHL. This year has been a breakout season for him (53GP 13G 13A), but the real question should be is it an aberration, or is he just a late bloomer?

I do wonder though, how aggressive can a guy be when he only racks up 6PIM in 53 games?
Not many scouts thought Zetterberg(7th) and Datsyuk(6th) would do much either, depleted at forward I'd say lets sign him. Never know what might happen.

DManPreds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 02:50 PM
braindead

Does the Frogen (TOR) contract rejection have implications for our potential signing? Or, put another way, can we sign him to anything other than an entry level contract? I thought the rumor had some dollar figure attached that sounded like a non-entry level contract.

Old
07-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Does the Frogen (TOR) contract rejection have implications for our potential signing? Or, put another way, can we sign him to anything other than an entry level contract? I thought the rumor had some dollar figure attached that sounded like a non-entry level contract.
Probably not, the Frogren contract issue is due to the fact that he is turning 28 years old and there is a question as to when he is considered to be 28 years old since that is the cut off age for an entry level deal.

Videll is only 23, therefore this will have no impact on his signing.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 01:15 AM
braindead

So we can only offer an entry level contract? Isn't this the problem with Rads, too; we are capped at the salary and it's less than the guy can make elsewhere.

Old
07-11-2008, 07:52 AM
predhead1

How much flexibility would we have for offering a heavily incentive-laden ELC?

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
So we can only offer an entry level contract? Isn't this the problem with Rads, too; we are capped at the salary and it's less than the guy can make elsewhere.
he has one year remaining on his ELC, and in 3 years when he comes back to the NHL, and after he plays that season he'll THEN become an RFA

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Not really. This is a case of impatience and bad advice. The Predators are now able to negotiate a contract extension with Radulov. They have only been able to do so since July 1st. That he decided to sign with Russia is either a myopic decision and quick money grab, or he truly wants to play there. In my opinion, David Poile would offer him something similar to what Shea Weber received if he just slightly improved on last years numbers.....

This isn't over, though, and we have to hope we can salvage this situation.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 10:42 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Any updates?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote