HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thanks for the memories, Jags. We'll miss you.

Old
07-04-2008, 09:29 PM
mike14

vCash: 500
Thanks for wearing Ranger blue Jagr. Your '05-06 season was amazing and I'm glad I got to see you skate at the Garden. Good luck in Russia and for the rest of your career

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 10:10 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

The more i think about Jags actually not coming back, the more it sucks.

I'm gonna miss Jagr, my favorite player.

Hopefully he will be happy with Omsk and lead them to a championship.

Cherepanov will learn a lot from Jagr.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 10:22 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
We're finally going to find out if the Jagr haters or Jagr supporters were right... if our offense is better or worse after losing our most talented player.

This will be our first season without a bonafide superstar in a long time.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 10:25 PM
NYReign

Thanks for everything Jags. It was a hell of a ride back to respectability and with the possible exception of Hank we don't owe anyone more of our thanks than Jags. I'll never forget him taking the team on his back one last time in Game 4 so we didn't go out at home; we lost Avery and Betts and had Drury at like 40% but somehow Jags gave me hope in a truly hopeless situation and I'll always be grateful for that. Though we're certainly going to miss him here his days of furthering the Rangers franchise aren't close to done because there's no one else in the world I would want teaching Cherry the ins and outs of the game than a true superstar like Jags. Hopefully Cherry will learn a lot from Jaromir and in a year from now we will have his young replacement that we've waited for forever...

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 11:14 PM
MPJohnny5

Jagr thanks for making me love the rangers again and making us a contender. I was at game 4 and what i sight to see. Rangers fans chanting JAGR after that sweet goal and taking a licking after it. Just sums up your career here, took alot of critisim but when the game was on the line your the guy we went to. thanks for playin

MPJohnny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 03:48 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Thanks Jagr! Ill never forget the time I went to Nassau Coliseum and saw you break the Rangers points record. (And I thought he broke the goal record too, but it turned out to be deflected by Marty Straka)
Same with me in 2006 when I went up to Boston when, after a scoring drought of several games, he passed Graves for the Rangers' single-season goal record.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 08:45 AM
Lady Vengeance
FTTW

Even though I know this is probably the best for everyone involved, I'm sad to see him go. Not only is he a great hockey player, he's also such an entertaining personality. I'm really going to miss his quips, although he did give us one last one (take that, Milbury!)

Thanks for everything, Jags.

Lady Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 12:14 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Thank you Jagr....thanks a million.

Jagr was the man, its just that simple. Came onto the team with doubters all over the place, "Wah hes lazy, wah, hes not a team guy, wah hes a cancer" etc etc... Or maybe he matured into quite the the leader? I'm going to say the 2nd one.

Jagr came onto the team and had easily one of the most memorable seasons most of us can remember by a single player since '94. He racked up a insane 123 points..every game getting "MVP, MVP, MVP" chants. He carried a team that turned the corner previously and started the rebuild and made us a team that was fighting for the cup.

Jagr has no heart? With a severely injured shoulder that would keep pretty much every player out, he said **** it....i'm playing. Sure enough in game 4 (or was it 3?), Jagr comes out ready to play. Everyone knows he at about 10% but it didnt stop him. He wanted to help the "NY RANGERS" advance, even if it looked impossible. He further injured his shoulder in the first period unfortunately. If that doesn't show true heart and love for the team and fans then honestly..I dont know what does.

Next season, Jagr was still hungry and wanted the C. And why not...we all knew who the leader was. Jagr continued to display leadership throughout on the ice that season and wore the C proudly, again, helping the team reach the playoffs and this time advancing to the semi finals.

By his last season age was catching up to the big guy finally, he couldnt do what he did back in 05-06, but he didnt whine, cry, about it or blame anyone but himself. He kept the humor up...having a great relationship with the media(as he did for all 3 years). He knew he was struggling but he wasnt putting the blame on anyone. Jagr again, showing his leadership came out and said he wants to play with Dubinsky. A young rookie, he felt had potential and Jagr wanted that kid centering him and took him under his wing to help the kid along.

The big games are up, the playoffs...what does our captain do, he dominates, completely dominates. By far the best player in the playoffs for us AND in the NHL. Was the leading point getting in the NHL when our team got eliminated.

Jagr injury prone? He had nagging injuries almost every season, groin, hip, whatever...but it NEVER kept him from playing in a regular season game. Only NY Ranger to play EVERY SINGLE regular season game over the past 3 years, 246 regular season games, Jagr was in the lineup for every single one. (Big thank you goes out to Jim Ramsey on that one as well )

It sucks losing such a big piece of this team who gave so much to the team over the past few years..and I hope we can still have a good team. We will see.

The lack of disrespect for the guy by some of you is really upsetting and embarrassing.

Thanks Jagr, it was an honor having you as the captain of our team, and you will be missed. He will go down as one of my favorite Rangers of all time.

Last edited by FLYLine24: 07-08-2008 at 12:37 AM.
FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Pizza

I'm still smiling about that parting shot of his. Just walking around the house smiling and laughing to myself.

My wife asked me about it and I told her:

" honey that comment comes from a guy that has F - You money in the bank and knows he does not have a thing to prove or regret."

I admire a guy that can reach that place as honorably as Jags did after the job he did with the Rangers. Hope to be there myself someday.

Jagr the inspiration!!! Whodathunkit!

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 12:32 AM
NY Ranger86

FLYLine88

well put. couldn't have said it any better.

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 12:33 AM
TomLaidlaw

The guy brought respectability back to the Rangers. If I ever see him in a bar I'll buy him a beer for that.......then stare at his girlfriend. My favorite Jagr moment is a strange one, he wasn't even on the ice for it.

Game 3 playoffs against the Devils after the lockout. When there was doubt wheter or not he would play after hurting his shoulder. I was standing with my buddy drinking a beer and they were announcing the scratches over the Garden loud speaker. They didn't announce Jagr's name and the place went insane. One of the loudest cheers I have ever heard. Me and my buddy did an uncomfortable drunk high five and a giant Lets go Rangers chant broke out. Great moment. (sidenote: Jagr played one shift, left the game and we got slaughtered.)

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 12:34 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I'm still smiling about that parting shot of his. Just walking around the house smiling and laughing to myself.

My wife asked me about it and I told her:

" honey that comment comes from a guy that has F - You money in the bank and knows he does not have a thing to prove or regret."

I admire a guy that can reach that place as honorably as Jags did after the job he did with the Rangers. Hope to be there myself someday.

Jagr the inspiration!!! Whodathunkit!
Not sure what you even trying to say but it's obviously a shot at Jagr.

Say hello to no playoffs for the past 3 years(what would that make? 11 years? Heh, we would REALLY be the joke of the league) without him. Or say hello to nice drafts picks...either or.

Old
07-08-2008, 12:43 AM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Not sure what you even trying to say but it's obviously a shot at Jagr.

Say hello to no playoffs for the past 3 years(what would that make? 11 years? Heh, we would REALLY be the joke of the league) without him. Or say hello to nice drafts picks...either or.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the "shot" the other poster was talking about was Jagr's "shot" to Milbury...and I think he was talking in high praise of #68.

mrhockey193195 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 12:45 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the "shot" the other poster was talking about was Jagr's "shot" to Milbury...and I think he was talking in high praise of #68.

Well, ive been up for almost 40 hours (working right now actually ) so if im totally off base with your comment Pizza i apologize. If not...then I dont

Old
07-08-2008, 12:49 AM
Dredden
JT Miller

He was great and we are surely going to miss him.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 05:23 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
We're finally going to find out if the Jagr haters or Jagr supporters were right... if our offense is better or worse after losing our most talented player.

This will be our first season without a bonafide superstar in a long time.
I can't imagine that the Blueshirts have no superstar in the lineup. It must be the first time in in 25 years...

Leetch, Lafleur, Mess, Gretz, Lindros, Jagr

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?view=clanek&id=39589

Here is an interestign Czech article where they compare Jagr to Beckham going to the US. He had plenty in the tank to play in Europe but he chose the path less travelled. Apparently in OMSK hockey fever broke out in the middle of the summer.
The internet link collapsed.....Everybody wants season tickets. The russian league
sold over the weekend 20.000 season tickets! Omsk capacity is 6000! His Russian marketing potential is huge!

his pay is somewhere between 21 and 33 million usd for 3 seasons depending on which source you want to believe. But there is a confidentiality clause to which all
players are bound. Bardin says a lot of this is part of a significant bonus insentive.

His sympathetic ways during the lockout year won the management and fans over.
He is thought to be going home.

The fans around the league are excited to have Jagr.

Cherepanov is excited to be playing alongside Jaromir.....his most favourite player.
I was hoping to play with Jaromir in NY but this is the second best option. I am happy to play along with him here in Omsk.

Omsk coach say he will line up Jagr along with Kurjanov and either Cherepanov or Klepis

Jagr was asking if certain players were still under contract in Omsk. He was surprised to find out that neither Patera nor Vlasak are with Omsk.. Bardin says that the most important was to retain Cherepanov.

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote