HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How About Trading for Jussi Jokinen?

Old
07-05-2008, 02:29 AM
Stars-Preds

vCash: 500
How About Trading for Jussi Jokinen?

I mentioned this over on the Lightning board, but wanted to bring it up here too.

According to this source below, the most active team of the off-season is probably going to move one more forward for a draft pick or defenseman. The two forwards mentioned by this author were Jussi Jokinen or Michell Ouelett.

I'm a Dallas Stars season ticket holder so I have watched Jokinen play the past two seasons. He is kind of similar to Martin Erat. Jokinen just turned 25 and while he's not a superstar he can be a productive player (and he's obviously known for his shootout skills). Since the Preds have a plethora of defenseman and draft picks I kind of think this might be the perfect match. I mentioned Greg Zanon, Kevin Klein, or Ville Koistinen as possibilities. I actually think Zanon might be a perfect player for the Lightning to pick-up since they have so many offensive defenseman and Zanon is the shot-blocking, defensive-minded guy.

What do you guys think? Jokinen would certainly enchance our top-6 if here were in the mix with Arnott, Dumont, Radulov, Legwand, and Erat. Jokinen also plays center and could be a third line center if a guy like Hornqvist is ready to jump into Nashville's top-6.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C189/

Stars-Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 04:07 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Sure!

But I think Poile is done trying to acquire a scoring forward unless he just gets a sweetheart deal. We're just gonna go with Hörnqvist and Pihlström.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I would think it would take a bit more than Zanon to get Jokinen. A third round pick or a mid-level prospect would also have to be involved.

07-05-2008, 10:11 AM
echlfreak

and Jones

As much as I would be the first to say WE NEED another top 6 forward, there is obviously something we don't know. Either we don't have the money again because of the Boots situation or they really believe that Hornqvist is the really deal. Philstrom is NOT a top 6 forward. Jones could be???

So it looks like this:

Dumont-Arnott-Hornqvist....Hornqvist doesn't have a ton of speed, so he should plat with these guys
Erat-Legwand-Radulov....this is our speed and skill line

Tootoo
Nichol
Fiddler
Smithson
Bonk
Otrmeyer
Philstrom
Peverly
Jones

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Bad Karma

According to the main guy for the Tampa Tribune the asking price for Jokinen/Ouellet are going to be picks. They are busting at the seems right now at forward. Along with them nabbing Hutchinson, they are about to be busting the seems on defense now 8 signed. Not including Wishart.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 02:56 PM
echlfreak

We have a lot of draft picks so Jokinen for a pick wouldnt be a bad move. He can play top 2 lines like he did in Dallas and TB, he can play PP minutes because of his skill and he is great in the shootout. He would provide depth to our skilled players. And he scores about 15 consistently a year. Not bad for a 1.875M price tag. He would be worth the pick

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 04:01 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones93 View Post
According to the main guy for the Tampa Tribune the asking price for Jokinen/Ouellet are going to be picks. They are busting at the seems right now at forward. Along with them nabbing Hutchinson, they are about to be busting the seems on defense now 8 signed. Not including Wishart.
Hutchinson is AHL fodder, as is Smith and maybe Bochenski and Koci up front.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Bad Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Hutchinson is AHL fodder, as is Smith and maybe Bochenski and Koci up front.
Yeah Smith, Bochenski are going to Norfolk he's got a 2 way deal this year and a one way next. Hutch has a one way deal..... they are a mess.

Last edited by Bad Karma: 07-08-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 08:24 AM
jstreet
The downward spiral

vCash: 285
I didnt even kno wthat A. Hutch was still in the league.

I still remember his OT winner against the Rangers a couple of years ago.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote