HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Free Agency Thread Part 3 (non habs deals... rumors... speculation)

View Poll Results: How will the Habs get stronger down center?
Sign UFA Mats Sundin 56 70.00%
Sign UFA (other e.g. Demitra, Forsberg...) 14 17.50%
Via trade for Patrick Marleau 5 6.25%
Via trade (other) 9 11.25%
Move over Chris Higgins 7 8.75%
Move over Sergie K 3 3.75%
Stand Pat 17 21.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2008, 01:37 PM
  #376
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
He was probably Calgary's best player in the playoffs.
I think they were talking about Bertuzzi as the utter failure...

Anyways, now that the Busy period of free agency is probably over and its not gonna cause chaos on the boards...

Every transaction from now on can have its own thread....

The mega merged thread is useful during free agency, the draft, and the trade deadline when there are just too many deals that don't involve montreal to each have their own thread and this causes chaos on the board, but now its fine.

Just remember if it doesn't involve the habs... put OT in front of it.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 02:02 PM
  #377
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
He was probably Calgary's best player in the playoffs.
Silly Zoolander, Bertuzzi played for Anaheim last year.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 02:02 PM
  #378
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I think they were talking about Bertuzzi as the utter failure...

Anyways, now that the Busy period of free agency is probably over and its not gonna cause chaos on the boards...

Every transaction from now on can have its own thread....

The mega merged thread is useful during free agency, the draft, and the trade deadline when there are just too many deals that don't involve montreal to each have their own thread and this causes chaos on the board, but now its fine.

Just remember if it doesn't involve the habs... put OT in front of it.
oh yeah now that I read all the way up he was probably talking about Big Bert.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 02:04 PM
  #379
White Spy
Spy vs Blades
 
White Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Silly Zoolander, Bertuzzi played for Anaheim last year.
I misunderstood as well my bad

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 02:15 PM
  #380
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
I misunderstood as well my bad
That's an awesome avatar. I loved Spy vs Spy.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 03:07 PM
  #381
White Spy
Spy vs Blades
 
White Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
That's an awesome avatar. I loved Spy vs Spy.

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 07:11 PM
  #382
marc88
Registered User
 
marc88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Canada
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Morrison to Ducks

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242774&l...topRelated_nhl

marc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 07:48 PM
  #383
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino View Post
Big Todd Bertuzzi coming back to Canada....
Signs 1 year with Calgary...
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242732&l...=topStory_main
I can't believe Montreal could not land this guy on a 1 year 2 mil contract....
He would have been well worth the throw of the dice......It's an excellent calculated risk by Calgary.

Here's a guy who would have been perfectin front of the net on the PP. He would have been worth it just for that!

A.Kost Pleks Kovalev
Tanguay Koivu Higgins
Latendresse Lapierre Bertuzzi
Laraque Begin Kostopoulos Chipchura

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 07:50 PM
  #384
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
I can't believe Montreal could not land this guy on a 1 year 2 mil contract....
He would have been well worth the throw of the dice......It's an excellent calculated risk by Calgary.

Here's a guy who would have been perfectin front of the net on the PP. He would have been worth it just for that!

A.Kost Pleks Kovalev
Tanguay Koivu Higgins
Latendresse Lapierre Bertuzzi
Laraque Begin Kostopoulos Chipchura
Erica is not gonna be happy with your lines.....

Sergei Kost says hi.

PS bolts sign recchi....

They hate defence.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:11 PM
  #385
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Erica is not gonna be happy with your lines.....

Sergei Kost says hi.

PS bolts sign recchi....

They hate defence.
With the additions of Roberts, Kolzig and Recchi I think the average age of Tampa is now like 38.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:27 PM
  #386
Taylorzzz
Registered User
 
Taylorzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kingsville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
With the additions of Roberts, Kolzig and Recchi I think the average age of Tampa is now like 38.
That is where all the old people retire ya know

Especially them there Canuks!

GO HABS!

Taylorzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:41 PM
  #387
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
With the additions of Roberts, Kolzig and Recchi I think the average age of Tampa is now like 38.
Don't you know signing veterans = success? Just ask Toronto.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 12:10 AM
  #388
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorzzz View Post
That is where all the old people retire ya know

Especially them there Canuks!

GO HABS!
Can't believe Lecavalier signed such a long contract and may be stuck there for his entire career. They may score many goals but they will be scored on more.

hey Taylorzzz, you gonna go on a hockey trip this year? thinking about another trip to boston should be exciting with laracque. This way we can brink kozi and doug them booins lovers. We had a blast last time. Well I had more fun i think. After all The habs won 6-3 LOL

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 12:22 AM
  #389
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,788
vCash: 500
Well i'm thinking that the chances of Sundin Playing for the Habs is more and more likely. I think that he is just making sure that he is doing the right thing. He is taking all the time he wants cause he can. Gainey has decided to hold enough cap space free to sign Sundin if he will sign or he won't. I believe that Gainey is prepared to enter the season pretty much as is with or without sundin. At some point during the season he will make a trade to fill whatever hole is present. If it is a top center then so be it. Gainey's plan is to go all out at a cup this season, Montreal's 100th. Sundin or someone like him is the targeted Hole on the team that Gainey has determined needs fixing. Its just that right now the only option available is Sundin. During the season there will be other options available through trade at or before the Deadline.

It's just waiting really sucks...

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 09:54 AM
  #390
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,184
vCash: 500
yay for recchi, happy to see him still playing!

tampa to sign Jason Smith next? ...

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 10:32 AM
  #391
Capitano
Registered User
 
Capitano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Well i'm thinking that the chances of Sundin Playing for the Habs is more and more likely. I think that he is just making sure that he is doing the right thing. He is taking all the time he wants cause he can. Gainey has decided to hold enough cap space free to sign Sundin if he will sign or he won't. I believe that Gainey is prepared to enter the season pretty much as is with or without sundin. At some point during the season he will make a trade to fill whatever hole is present. If it is a top center then so be it. Gainey's plan is to go all out at a cup this season, Montreal's 100th. Sundin or someone like him is the targeted Hole on the team that Gainey has determined needs fixing. Its just that right now the only option available is Sundin. During the season there will be other options available through trade at or before the Deadline.

It's just waiting really sucks...
It bothered me at first, but now I'm just thinking that we'll go into this season with the team we have now.

If Sundin signs, that would be fantastic, but if he doesn't I'm still confident that our team will be a force in the East.

And of course Sundin is still a UFA at this point in time so our chances are as good as anybody.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 10:38 AM
  #392
LilWinger11
 
LilWinger11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 5,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
hey Taylorzzz, you gonna go on a hockey trip this year? thinking about another trip to boston should be exciting with laracque. This way we can brink kozi and doug them booins lovers. We had a blast last time. Well I had more fun i think. After all The habs won 6-3 LOL
Was that in March of 07? I was at that game too. That was awesome.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 11:07 AM
  #393
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Lightning sign another forward....Bochenski

What the hell is wrong with Feaster??

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 11:14 AM
  #394
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Lightning sign another forward....Bochenski

What the hell is wrong with Feaster??
He likes going forward...

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 11:26 AM
  #395
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,337
vCash: 256
If Tortorella was still the coach in Tampa,he would have probably died of a heart attack behind the bench watching that defence play..

They are going to score but man they are going to give up twice as much

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 11:35 AM
  #396
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,504
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Lightning sign another forward....Bochenski

What the hell is wrong with Feaster??
Feaster isn't doing anything apparently. It's the 2 new crazy owners (including the immortal Len Barrie, with his 184 NHL games of playing experience, who predicted a division title last night) plus former agent Brian Lawton who are running the show. Feaster's going to get ''released'' from his contract sooner rather than later.

The TB thing is going to be a disaster with 2 hands owners with zero hockey management experience...I think the only REALLY good move they have made so far was signing Vrbata for 3 years/3M per since he should produce with Stamkos or Vinny as his center and he's young. Everything else has been questionnable in my eyes.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 01:29 PM
  #397
Goalie3636
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 128
vCash: 500
Finger/Sauer Mix Up

My dad was telling me that Tony Marinaro said yesterday that there's speculation that Cliff Fletcher and the rest of the Maple Leafs brass mixed up Jeff Finger's stats with Kurt Sauer's. Is this true? Did anyone else hear it?

If it is true, the leafs are officially a joke.

Goalie3636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 01:30 PM
  #398
wendelclark17
Registered User
 
wendelclark17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 843
vCash: 500
no this thread is a joke

wendelclark17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 01:31 PM
  #399
Erik Estrada
Registered User
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie3636 View Post
My dad was telling me that Tony Marinaro said yesterday that there's speculation that Cliff Fletcher and the rest of the Maple Leafs brass mixed up Jeff Finger's stats with Kurt Sauer's. Is this true? Did anyone else hear it?

If it is true, the leafs are officially a joke.
Marinaro was referring to this article:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16043

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 01:33 PM
  #400
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
I think the blogger posted on hf somewhere about how this was somewhat tongue in cheek.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.