HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

4th Line

Old
07-08-2008, 12:17 PM
BrianLeetch2

vCash: 803
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
The only thing you'd get for Betts is a hotdog, a bag of skittles and a coke...diet coke.
no deal if it was a root beer you had a deal next time stop low balling me

BrianLeetch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 12:23 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Betts has been given the opportunity to play with some of our more skilled forwards in the past and made nothing of it. He's a black hole on offense.
Cant disagree with that, my thinking was, if the Rangers found a way to get another top 6 guy, this would really spread out the offense.

Forget what Betts can and cannot do. He is what he is. I would like to think that Korpo and Sjostrom can make their own offense together and definitely out score Hollweg and Orrs 6 combined point total from last year...

Just an idea.

I see why some of you dont want to bury Korpedo on the fourth, but something has to give with all of these wingers...

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
why would the Rangers sign Naslund, and then move Drury to the wing? We have a glut of wingers it makes no sense to move Drury.
if anisimov is ready, i could see drury moving to the wing.
anyway, id like to see a line of
cally-betts-voros

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 12:42 PM
eco's bones

Betts' problem is that when he's in the other teams end he is a poor puck distributor--he hardly even looks to make plays anymore--he just tries to get the puck towards the net. Defensively he's excellent. Face-offs, penalty kill he's very good. As for taking the body he hits but nothing special. He's good for what he is--a very reliable defensive oriented 4th line center.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 01:10 PM
TomLaidlaw

For those excluding Colton Orr in their 4th line projections here is an interesting stat for you.

Feb. 17, 2007 was the game when the Rangers played the Flyers and Fedoruk and Eager ran around taking runs at everyone specifically Jagr. Since that game the Rangers have played 106 Regular Season games (end of 2006-07 and all of 2007-08). Colton Orr has dressed in 98 of those 106 games. Those 8 games he missed were because of an Upper Body injury and the broken toe. So in summary, if Colton Orr has been healthy he has played since that Philly game in the 2006-2007 season.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 01:10 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
why would the Rangers sign Naslund, and then move Drury to the wing? We have a glut of wingers it makes no sense to move Drury.
because fritsche can play center and that top 6 i wrote is, IMO the best the rangers can throw together for next year with the players they have....i also think dubinsky should be moved to the second line with dawes isntead of the third line

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 01:17 PM
NYR Viper

heres a list of the players in seperate lists:

top 6 forwards(who most of us agree on):
gomez
drury
zherdev
naslund
dawes

bottom 6 forwards(one of these will need to play above):
dubinsky
fritsche
voros
rissmiller
callahan
sjostrom
betts
orr
hollweg
prucha

borderline players in the system(not al of these players are as close as others):
korpikoski
moore
jessiman
byers
anisimov
parenteau
jamtin

considering there are 14 nhlers right now in the system and a total of 21 or so forwards who are ready for the nhl, i would hope the rangers offload some redundant parts(prucha, hollweg, moore) to allow more room for other players as the more backed up it gets the less playing time the younger players get in the ahl

Last edited by NYR Viper: 07-08-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old
07-08-2008, 01:22 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
heres a list of the players in seperate lists:

top 6 forwards(who most of us agree on):
gomez
drury
zherdev
naslund
dawes

bottom 6 forwards(one of these will need to play above):
fritsche
voros
rissmiller
callahan
sjostrom
betts
orr
hollweg
prucha

borderline players in the system(not al of these players are as close as others):
korpikoski
moore
jessiman
byers
anisimov
parenteau

considering there are 14 nhlers right now in the system and a total of 20 or so forwards who are ready for the nhl, i would hope the rangers offload some redundant parts(prucha, hollweg, moore) to allow more room for other players as the more backed up it gets the less playing time the younger players get in the ahl
You think Jamtin could be thrown into the borderline list as well?

The thing with Dawes is, hes on the fringe. Thats why the Rangers need to make a move to have a legit top 6.

Old
07-08-2008, 01:26 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

The thing with Dawes is, hes on the fringe. Thats why the Rangers need to make a move to have a legit top 6.
probably....ill add him now

Old
07-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Is it just me Viper, or is Dubinsky not on that list either?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 01:46 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
i was just about to say that as well. he isnt on the list.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 01:47 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
ha!

Old
07-08-2008, 02:00 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
i was just about to say that as well. he isnt on the list.
It just goes to show, how you can forget about Dubinsky just like that.

There are so many forwards its hard to keep track.

Something has to give.

22 players going for 12 spots.

How does a guy like Byers feel right now? The guy busts his ass has a great AHL season, gets a few NHL games under his belt - the Rangers dump all the age and it looks like he might have a spot and then boom, Sjostrom, Rissmiller, Voros, Zherdev, Naslund, Fritsche... he must be disappointed, because I doubt he breaks this lineup.

Old
07-08-2008, 02:01 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
It just goes to show, how you can forget about Dubinsky just like that.

There are so many forwards its hard to keep track.

Something has to give.
EXACTLY..............or im a dumbass lol

Old
07-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Korps should be on the third line with Fritsche and Dubi.

Callahan should really be used as an asset in a package to bring us a true second liner. Some package of Cally, Prucha and a prospect for a guy like Bernier (yes, I do know Van got him for less, but you can't expect to rip off people at will) is what we need.

Naslund - Gomez - Zherdev
Dawes - Drury - [trade]
Korps - Dubi - Fritsche
Voros - Betts - Sjo

(Riss, Orr, Moore)

Red - Staal
Rosie - Girardi
Kalinin - Mara

(Hutch)

Quote:
I know there are a few lines threads out there, but I'd like to specify the discussion on the 4th line.

Being that the Rangers are changing their style a little, i'd love to see this:

Korpikoski - Betts - Sjostrom

And for the nights when you need a little bang for your buck, throw in Orr or Voros.

To me, the Rissmiller and Voros moves kind of made no sense, other than it gives the Rangers the flexibilty to throw out a much bigger 4th line with any combination of these three big guys around the 6'3 210 Betts

Orr 6'3 222 - Voros 6'3 205 - Rissmiller 6'4 220

But looking again... you are not sacrificing too much size with Korpo (6'1 195) and Sjostrom (6'1 217) on that line, but they can skate and forecheck and they have grit.

I'd love to see this faster, more potent line.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 02:06 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:

Exactly. If we had 5 legitimate top-6 players, then I'd be very happy letting Dawes prove to us that he belongs on the top two lines. If you include him as a fringe player, then we've only got 4 top-6 players, which leaves us lacking offensively.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 02:09 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Exactly. If we had 5 legitimate top-6 players, then I'd be very happy letting Dawes prove to us that he belongs on the top two lines. If you include him as a fringe player, then we've only got 4 top-6 players, which leaves us lacking offensively.
Zherdev not a top 6? Who's your top 6? im confused. You said we've only got 4-top 6, with Dawes on the fringe - whos the other one not legit?

Old
07-08-2008, 02:12 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post

Callahan should really be used as an asset in a package to bring us a true second liner. Some package of Cally, Prucha and a prospect for a guy like Bernier (yes, I do know Van got him for less, but you can't expect to rip off people at will) is what we need.

Dawes - Drury - [trade]
Korps - Dubi - Fritsche
Voros - Betts - Sjo

(Riss, Orr, Moore)

Red - Staal
Rosie - Girardi
Kalinin - Mara

(Hutch)
Hutchinson is on his way out FYI. http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Old
07-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post

Dawes - Drury - [trade]
Korps - Dubi - Fritsche
Voros - Betts - Sjo

(Riss, Orr, Moore)

Red - Staal
Rosie - Girardi
Kalinin - Mara

(Hutch)
Hutchinson is gone. Signed with Tampa.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 02:14 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Zherdev not a top 6? Who's your top 6? im confused. You said we've only got 4-top 6, with Dawes on the fringe - whos the other one not legit?
he means we only have 4 legitimate top 6 players... Drury, Gomez, Naslund and Zherdov. Dawes is a fringe right now and could be a good one, Dubi could be a top 6but only if drury moves to wing and that is only if Ani is ready to take 3rd line center or fritsche, and prucha is not a top 6 player (yes he needs to play on top 6 to have any type of affect, but that does not make him a top 6 player).

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 02:17 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
he means we only have 4 legitimate top 6 players... Drury, Gomez, Naslund and Zherdov. Dawes is a fringe right now and could be a good one, Dubi could be a top 6but only if drury moves to wing and that is only if Ani is ready to take 3rd line center or fritsche, and prucha is not a top 6 player (yes he needs to play on top 6 to have any type of affect, but that does not make him a top 6 player).
Thanks, yes, that is what I was getting at. It's not that I don't think that Dawes, Dubinsky or even Prucha can become legitimate top-6 forwards, I'd just be more comfortable adding one more established player to the mix.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Fletch

Brooklyn...

I gotta tell you that when I look at that group of forwards I think this team ain't going to do much this season. The top line seems interesting, and in a sense seems like it would clash too. That's where you wish you had a 30 year old Shanahan. So Gomez gets a couple new linemates and Dubi's strating over and the only continuity is Drury and Dawes who played together, although not extensively. Talk about growing pains. And the defesnsive pairs are all new. I do think that Renney will at least have a left defenseman with a right defenseman (Redden/Rozsival, Girardi/Staal) though; or he may keep Staal with Rozsival so at least one pairing has familiarity.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 02:23 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Thanks, yes, that is what I was getting at. It's not that I don't think that Dawes, Dubinsky or even Prucha can become legitimate top-6 forwards, I'd just be more comfortable adding one more established player to the mix.
Oh crap, i thought there were 6 forwards listed for the "top 6 forwards" - there were only 5 thats why lol.

Just goes to show, the Rangers NEED another.

Old
07-08-2008, 02:30 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I gotta tell you that when I look at that group of forwards I think this team ain't going to do much this season. The top line seems interesting, and in a sense seems like it would clash too. That's where you wish you had a 30 year old Shanahan. So Gomez gets a couple new linemates and Dubi's strating over and the only continuity is Drury and Dawes who played together, although not extensively. Talk about growing pains. And the defesnsive pairs are all new. I do think that Renney will at least have a left defenseman with a right defenseman (Redden/Rozsival, Girardi/Staal) though; or he may keep Staal with Rozsival so at least one pairing has familiarity.
Good points Fletch, there could be some growing pains in and about the lineup for sure. But the Rangers went through the same thing last year with Jagr as the center of the struggle.

I would like to think that this year, guys like Naslund and Redden will adapt quicker because the WANT to and have more leadership qualities. I also feel that the style of play Renney is designing will be more straightforward and complimentary to these new players he acquired.

But im not naive to think its going to be overnight.

The Rangers really do have to get another body in here to play the second line. I think that will frame out the lineup nicely and give the Rangers the depth they need to go along with the defense and goaltending.

We shouldn't expect anything this week though, because the Rangers brass is in Alaska golfing in Gomez's tournament.

Old
07-08-2008, 02:33 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

As much as I'd like to see Korpikoski and/or Byers play, barring a big dump trade, with Fritsche, Voros, Rissmiller in the lineup I can't imagine any rookie forwards this season. I'd be surprised if Rissmiller and Voros both sign for $1M per season and then get benched or sent to Hartford. Makes no sense. We saw it happen with Dawes last season. It will happen again with Korps.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote