HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

So my predictions.... they were uhhhh....

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2008, 10:36 PM
zurg999

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
Wasn't that The_Damned?
You're right. Wishful thinking....

Old
07-08-2008, 10:39 PM
znk

Fail Check

08-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
What have we turned into, the Leafs?
That would involve us getting better...
11-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Quote:
With Smolinski, Kostopolous, Boullion, and to a certain extent Begin on the team... we aren't going anywhere. No need to single out any of them as the reason for our mediocrity. All 4 need to go before this team can take the next step.

11-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Quote:
The real reason we're not a contender is because these 4th line players are being utilized in key moments by our incompetent coach who appears to think of them as top-9 forwards. But for Gainey to fire Carbo, it would take a complete collapse which most likely won't happen. We'll finish either 7th-8th-9th... and either get whooped in the first round or ride some sort of emotional high and win the in first round only to embarass ourselves in the 2nd. Gainey will then consider the season a success... Carbo will stay... and we'll remain in mediocrity for another year.

Old
07-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Macbeth

[QUOTE=znk;14801147]Fail Check
[QUOTE]

Well, he was wrong on pretty much everything except : "and either get whooped in the first round or ride some sort of emotional high and win the in first round only to embarass ourselves in the 2nd."

Old
07-08-2008, 10:50 PM
kernkraft

Good for you

And for all the unhappy peoples, as the thread starter's avatar would say: "Let's hug it out *****es."

Old
07-08-2008, 11:06 PM
24morecupsthanyou*

Quote:
Hmmmmm... Common sense eh?

Yet some wanted Ryder back... some wanted Streit back as well, even at a big contract. Heck I just read a thread about bringing Smoke back. And Brisebois.. well we know a few bozos on here want him back.
No one wanted Ryder back, the people that wanted Streit back hoped it would have been for a discount...obviously he got fair market value considering what the money that was dished out early in the free agency period. No one wants Smoke back, no one wants brisebois back. What the heck are you talking about? Oh I forget, it's bigtimer...the guy who goes dormant from posting in the habs forum when the team is winning and is the first to post 'I TOLD YOU SO' when the habs start to lose. Ironic that you call others on here a "bozo", take a good look in the mirror pal...if you don't see...feel free to read a few of your quotes down below. haha

Quote:
And then I named only two big time free agents as possibilities... one of which is officially being courted.
Stop acting like you're Nostradamus, we all wanted Sundin.

Quote:
The only other FAs I named were enforcers... despite Carbo saying that he didnt see the need for one.
You didn't say anything about enforcers

Quote:
And then I said there would be a trade... for a forward (despite many saying that we should focus on defence given our already vaunted offense).

And then I said that Gainey would be willing to part with a first rounder or second rounder to get it done, again contrary to popular opinion.

Now perhaps you think that each of these events own their own is common sense.. whatever... but the combination of that many of them is called great speculation.
Great speculation?
Here are some quality posts by bigtimer

Quote:
Nobody would want him. Hah.
(#75 post, in regards to a rumor of Koivu wanting a trade. LOL! Yah, nobody want's a near PPG player in the playoffs. 45 points in 50 games! "nobody wants him"...haha @ you!

Quote:
It is Bob's fault that we are in this position. He hasn't turned us around... we're still a borderline playoff team like we were with Houle and company.

The only difference is that we're gonna win a ton of Calder cups in the next 5 years or so. I guess the reason why Gainey doesn't see that fact as irrelevant and useless is because he's uneducated.
(#73 post, in regards to Bob Gainey and how little work he's done in the 07' offseason. LOL @ "borderline playoff team, and a comparison to Houle's run organization. For such a great speculator, you sure missed the boat on the Habs this past year. From borderline playoff team to First place in the Eastern conference, eh? Wow you sure are great at making predictions WOW! I also laugh at how you call BG "uneducated", GOOD ONE! HA HA HA

Quote:
Right now he's a zero... or a below zero. Next year will be very telling but I feel it'll be more of the same crap with Carbo.
(#188 post, in regards to Carbo this time last year. Once again you're proving your incredible Nostradamus like predicting abilities. *cough*Nominated for Jack Adams*Cough*coached the top team in the East*cough* LoL.

Quote:
He's still better than most our team which says more about our lineup than Allison I'm afraid.
#47 post about a Rumor of Allison being an option for the Habs. Jason Freaking Allison! Ha Ha, Are you kidding me? "The Habs are terrible, they should sign dead weight from the Leafs because that would actually make them better, man we suck. Quit supporting Gainey, he's uneducated. All of you are drinking his kool-aid, i'm a realist i tell it like it is. Allison would make the Habs better" Quality post BT, QUALITY! Quick question, were you Cliff Fletcher's adviser when he got told to give Finger that contract? Seems like the kind of signing you'd put your stamp of approval on. Jason Allison...bhwhaahha!

And then when a response was made by poster MCD009:"Seriously, Allison is not better than most of our team. Koivu, Kovalev, Ryder, Higgins, Latendresse, Kostitsyn, Plekanec are all better players than Allison, no contest. And the guy needs to play on the first 2 line so.....you fail.

And regarding Jason Allison's fan, I never understood how could one be a fan of such an uninteresting player."

BT came up with this gem

Quote:
You're dreaming in HD-DVD if you think Kostitsyn, Latendresse, and maybe even Kovalev are better than him.
Ha Ha Ha, WHAT?????????!!! How the hell can anyone take you seriously?

Jason Allison > Kovalev
Jason Allison > Kostitsyn
Jason Allison > Latendresse

This thread is amazing...

Then a comment was made about the Habs turning into the Leafs, prompting BT to reply with:
Quote:
That would involve us getting better...

BigTimer, an incredible prognosticator. Habs finished 3rd overall in the league, Leafs finished 24th.
Gee I wonder why BigTimer would think that the Leafs were better than the Habs prior to the beginning of last year.

Quote:
And we don't need contrived, smart-ass stabs at a team who knocked us out of the playoffs and finished ahead of us... and added a 40 goal scorer.

Wow at suggesting that the signing of Jason Blake was a great move by Leafs management. How many goals did the guy get last year? 15! Wow, incredible! No wonder you think so highly of the leafs and their management in contrast to the habs.

As you continue reading that thread, you'll see that he compares Kovalev to the Leafs signing of O'Neill and Lindros. Bwahahahaha.

Quote:
Definately the weakest and easiest to push around though.
Apparently, after the 4th game of the year we became the weakest and sissiest team in the league. ROFL. Damn, didn't know first place teams could be rendered as 'weak.' The More You Know, brought to you by BigTimer.

Quote:
The best we've played in the past 5-10 years was with Gainey behind the bench. We should follow suit. Add a bit of dignity and credibility to our coaching staff.
LOL at calling for Carbo's head after the 5th game of the season. Jack Adams nominated Guy Carbonneau*

So BIGTIMER, i can obviously go on forever...

but i'll just end this with...you got

PWNED!

Old
07-08-2008, 11:09 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Fail Check

08-10-2007, 06:10 PM

11-29-2007, 02:12 PM

11-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Hilarious... we were whooped in the second round... and in no small part due to crucial mistakes from Begin, Boullion, and Smolinski. All three of which should not of been given the opportunity to make those mistakes... relating back to the coach who got shown up by John ****ing Stevens and Claude Julien. Enough said son.

Old
07-08-2008, 11:11 PM
24morecupsthanyou*

lol ZNK, using one of the same BT quotes as me. rofl

Old
07-08-2008, 11:13 PM
24morecupsthanyou*

Quote:
Hilarious... we were whooped in the second round... and in no small part due to crucial mistakes from Begin, Boullion, and Smolinski. All three of which should not of been given the opportunity to make those mistakes... relating back to the coach who got shown up by John ****ing Stevens and Claude Julien. Enough said son.
You predicted the habs to miss the playoffs. LOL, you have no right to brag about ANY kind of ambiguous predictions that you made after the gems you have been posting for the past few years.

Seriously, Allison over Kovalev and Kostitsyn? HAhhahahahhaahah

Old
07-08-2008, 11:24 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24morecupsthanyou View Post
You predicted the habs to miss the playoffs. LOL, you have no right to brag about ANY kind of ambiguous predictions that you made after the gems you have been posting for the past few years.

Seriously, Allison over Kovalev and Kostitsyn? HAhhahahahhaahah
Your jealousy over my intellectual and just overall superiority is plain immature... I mean cmon, you should be used to being inferior by now.

Learn your role in society and accept it.

Old
07-08-2008, 11:32 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Without Sundin in the picture, I am sure Streit is back with us at 3M per year.

About the Tanguay deal, BG did the deal when draft choices were at their highest value. Very good move.

Ryder back was not an option. BG gave him a very good go away party after the PO. He will hurt us next year with Boston...

Smokes was not coming back, Brisebois is still under evaluation. Waiting for Sundin/Korneev/Emelin.

Laraque was a surprise...

All in all you did a good job!

So challenging you more... I started a thread on defensemen....

What do you think?
Can we get Korneev? A top-3 D-men in our team the day he comes in...

Sundin and Korneev are very strong additions to get the Cup and the President trophy...
Well if we get Sundin we will have to get rid of Dandenault and his 1.8 a year contract. He would be a good veteran presence for the Dogs.

With regards to Korneev it not only depends on if we can get him but whether he can transition well enough into the NA style of game. Personally I just want Bouillon gone from the top-6.

Old
07-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Slick Nick

hahaha... That's how you go from unnoticed to publicly ridiculed.

Old
07-08-2008, 11:54 PM
snap-bar

this is a trainwreck

Old
07-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Your jealousy over my intellectual and just overall superiority is plain immature... I mean cmon, you should be used to being inferior by now.

I think you learned your role of the truely inferior one, but instead you try to make up for it by saying it to other people and bragging about mediocre things Montreal should/will do.

H3y guyzzzz 1 c4ll3d H4lak s1gnnnninnnngggg lolz I R Awesommmmmezzzz

Old
07-09-2008, 12:17 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

This thread is gold

Old
07-09-2008, 12:30 AM
24morecupsthanyou*

Quote:

LoL, no comment in regards to your aforementioned remarks and predictions?

How does it to feel to have close to over 2000 posts, and make an incorrect assumption on all of them?

p.s
rofl, suggesting that Jason Allison being better than Kovalev and then watching NOBODY sign Allison while Kovalev has one of the best individual seasons in the NHL.
Habs being a mediocre team, but then winning the conference 7 months later. Demanding that Carbo get fired, but then watching him get nominated for the Jack Adams...

How could one poster be SOOOO wrong, SOOOO often and still post as if they're held in high regard?

Old
07-09-2008, 12:33 AM
24morecupsthanyou*

Quote:
Well if we get Sundin we will have to get rid of Dandenault and his 1.8 a year contract. He would be a good veteran presence for the Dogs.

With regards to Korneev it not only depends on if we can get him but whether he can transition well enough into the NA style of game. Personally I just want Bouillon gone from the top-6.

LOL @ a 1.8 million player down in Hamilton, thank god you're not our GM and you're at home in your mothers basement...alone listening to Nickelback.

Stop talking as if you know anything about the game. "Jason Blake was a great signing for the Leafs, they're going to beat us worse next year"

Old
07-09-2008, 12:35 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
LoL, no comment in regards to your aforementioned remarks and predictions?

How does it to feel to have close to over 2000 posts, and make an incorrect assumption on all of them?

p.s
rofl, suggesting that Jason Allison being better than Kovalev and then watching NOBODY sign Allison while Kovalev has one of the best individual seasons in the NHL.
Habs being a mediocre team, but then winning the conference 7 months later. Demanding that Carbo get fired, but then watching him get nominated for the Jack Adams...

How could one poster be SOOOO wrong, SOOOO often and still post as if they're held in high regard?
Because I am. But this is exactly what I love about the internet... small people like you writing a theses about me when I know where I am in the real world and by just playing the numbers game you are inevitably inferior to me in at least 4 or 5 very important ways.

Old
07-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Because I am. But this is exactly what I love about the internet... small people like you writing a theses about me when I know where I am in the real world and by just playing the numbers game you are inevitably inferior to me in at least 4 or 5 very important ways.
you're writing an essay in response to everyone there smart guy..

Old
07-09-2008, 12:40 AM
24morecupsthanyou*

How could one poster be SOOOO wrong?

Quote:
Because I am.

Quote:
But this is exactly what I love about the internet... small people like you writing a theses about me when I know where I am in the real world
Yes, you have like 1900 more posts than me on an internet forum. Kudos to you on your status in the world.

Quote:
and by just playing the numbers game you are inevitably inferior to me in at least 4 or 5 very important ways.
by the numbers game, you're referring to your post count, which is very sad.

Old
07-09-2008, 12:43 AM
24morecupsthanyou*

Quote:
thesis, theses...what's the difference? i play the post count game and you're a smaller person than me as a result. but what i really mean by calling you small is that i'm really fat in contrast, i don't leave the house much...nobody really likes me. Did i mention how the Bob Gainey is uneducated because he didn't sign Jason Blake for 5 million dollars a year?

Old
07-09-2008, 12:44 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
you're writing an essay in response to everyone there smart guy..
What you fail to understand is that I happen to have the authority and crediblity to do so. The same cant be said for many along these parts. I mean lets be realistic... many of the people on this message board cant even afford parking to a Habs game let alone a ticket.

Thats pretty funny.

Old
07-09-2008, 12:48 AM
ari1160

Old
07-09-2008, 12:51 AM
24morecupsthanyou*

Quote:
What you fail to understand is that I happen to have the authority and crediblity to do so. The same cant be said for many along these parts. I mean lets be realistic... many of the people on this message board cant even afford parking to a Habs game let alone a ticket.

Thats pretty funny.
your crediblity ran out the door when you stated that you'd take an unemployed and unwanted Jason Allison over Alex Kovalev and Andrei Kostitsyn. For a guy who lives out of his mothers basement, i find it hilarious on how you can make comments on people not being capable of paying for parking when you yourself have to knock on your mothers door for bus fare.

BigTimer, step your game up...you're performing at an echelon 20 notches below me with the rest of the peasants. In hockey terms, i'm Wayne Gretzky and you're Christian LaFlamme.

Old
07-09-2008, 12:53 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
your crediblity just ran out the door by saying that you'd take an unemployed and unwanted Jason Allison over Alex Kovalev and Andrei Kostitsyn. For a guy who lives out of his mothers basement, i find it hilarious on how you can make comments on people not being capable of paying for parking when you have to knock on your mothers door for bus fare.

BigTimer, step your game up...you're performing at an echelon 20 notches below me with the rest of the peasants. In hockey terms, i'm Wayne Gretzky and you're Christian LaFlamme.
This coming from someone who averages 8 times as many posts per day as I do...

Anyways, its about crunch time in the overseas markets. I wish I could continue this verbal tune up but I need to make more money so I can fire even more people like you to pass the time at work.

Cheers.

Old
07-09-2008, 12:58 AM
24morecupsthanyou*

Quote:
This coming from someone who averages 8 times as many posts per day as I do...

Anyways, its about crunch time in the overseas markets. I wish I could continue this verbal tune up but I need to make more money so I can fire even more people like you to pass the time at work.

Cheers.
i just started to post, but nice try at you trying to claim that you have a good life going.

You must not get paid very well, if you have to carefully watch the clock to make sure you have enough bills to pay for your internet bills. What do you make, minimum wage? haha.

Take it easy you joke.

P.S for the next time i see you...my Beemer, takes premium.

Closed Thread