HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So my predictions.... they were uhhhh....

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2008, 10:43 AM
flappuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
I'm glad to see nobody else takes offense to him laughing at people who can barely make ends meet

Not to mention he bases his hockey knowledge on his bank account apparently :S
I don't take much offense in ignorance and his comments are simply proof that the guy hasn't traveled much if you know what I mean

Instead of being offended by his comments, you should pity the guy.

Old
07-09-2008, 10:46 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
What a complete cluster-**** of a thread, why didn't someone PM about this yesterday.
You just know that greatness will come of this if given the chance.

Old
07-09-2008, 10:53 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
You just know that greatness will come of this if given the chance.
It's got an Imperial Rome day out at the Colosseum feel to it.

Old
07-09-2008, 10:53 AM
TheGoalJudge

Wow the OP got slaughtered in this thread lol. Hilarious.

Old
07-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Are you sure "Please water my garden, honey" didn't have a hidden meaning? Did she add something like "and use the big hose"?
From public masterbation to pissing match to mcphee's big hose.....

I'm leaving now.

Old
07-09-2008, 10:56 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Our own Nostradamus comes through once again with mind-boggling accuracy.

How you figured Smolinski, Ryder and Streit would be gone-I'll never know. Hell, you even predicted a trade! Well, you didn't get who would be traded right...but you predicted a trade nonetheless!

I am in awe. Sheer awe of you.

PS: Brisebois is needed as the 7th D to help run the PowerPlay.
Are you the only other person who thinks this? Friend add...

Old
07-09-2008, 11:01 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

I too predicted that our paper-plane boy wouldnt be offered another contract...

DAMN! I'm good!!!

Old
07-09-2008, 11:07 AM
neofury*

To be fair, I also knew we wouldn't sign Streit or Ryder, both are common sense.

Streit because he'd ask for too much and we want to save cap $ cause we're in a position to sign a skilled forward (at the time it seemed a lot more likely)

Ryder because he sucked and didn't fit our system

Smolinski was just unecessary and obvious too, he'd take up the spot of someone more deserving.

Brisebois is still up in the air and I think we'll take him if nobody else is available for league minimum.

As per making a trade, I really wouldn't have guess that and even though you didn't predict who, that was a good job on your behalf as the habs never make trades.

Signing a 4th liner for grit was obvious as we do that all the time, heck even Smolinski signing could've counted for that.

Not saying you didn't do a good job, but persuing Sundin was also pretty obvious as he publically stated he wanted to play for an CANADIAN TEAM, preferably in the EAST, did he not?

Selanne's name is also always thrown around as he is a friend of Koivu's.

Again not saying you made bad prediction, infact you made good predictions, just much of it was common sense (you have to admit) and the part that wasn't is either still unprove to be true (we haven't signed Sundin yet and we still might sign brisebois) or too general to be a valid prediction.

All in all though, combined together, it's a lot to predict at once even if some of it was common sense. I mean Streit could have taken a pay cut to win a cup next season but hey, his loss.

Old
07-09-2008, 11:08 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
You know what buddy? You're a little bitch. Just because some people have to make ends meet and can't comply with overpriced sports tickets doesn't make you ANYTHING. You have money, but deep down you are NOTHING. If I ever saw you, and you said this to me, you'd be using your money to pay for a bodyguard to make sure I never came back around again, you snot nosed little shit
I understand your frustration... but getting all riled up and angry will affect your cognitive ability, something you can not afford to do. Life is the way it is. Some people are great, some just pedestrian, and others just a waste of air. I love being great not only because I can identify the masses of people below me, but I can also make sure they dont forget their place. Controlling and manipulating the proletariat and peasants has been around for centuries and is a great insurance policy for darwinism.

Old
07-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
What a complete cluster-**** of a thread, why didn't someone PM about this yesterday.
I think it should be stickied so I can have a laugh every day for the rest of the year.

Old
07-09-2008, 11:21 AM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8 View Post
I think it should be stickied so I can have a laugh every day for the rest of the year.
hahaha agreed

Old
07-09-2008, 11:21 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
What you fail to understand is that I happen to have the authority and crediblity to do so. The same cant be said for many along these parts. I mean lets be realistic... many of the people on this message board cant even afford parking to a Habs game let alone a ticket.

Thats pretty funny.
Wow thats really sad that you would sink this low BigTimer.

Can you just leave HF and never come back please cause that was just pathetic. Resorting to saying a rich person knows more about the habs then a poor one just because they go to see more games. Last I checked you can see the habs on the internet, on tv, in any bar, and not be rich or have to go to the bell centre.

It's pretty sad that you had to resort to this to make a point lol

Old
07-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Squeaky

The best part of this thread, by far, is the reference to Mrs. McPhee's "ever expanding flower garden"

Also, who waters their garden at night? Creeeeepy.

Old
07-09-2008, 11:24 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24morecupsthanyou View Post
i just started to post, but nice try at you trying to claim that you have a good life going.

You must not get paid very well, if you have to carefully watch the clock to make sure you have enough bills to pay for your internet bills. What do you make, minimum wage? haha.

Take it easy you joke.

P.S for the next time i see you...my Beemer, takes premium.
Anyone who would believe YOU own a beemer is a serious tool. This coming from the guy who resorts to belittling others over grammar to make himself feel better about his own insecurities in real life. You know, the insecurity you feel about being a complete moron so you have to go online and try to insult peoples typos, grammar mistakes, etc?

You're every bit as much an idiot and a joke as the OP in this thread.

Old
07-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Speaking of common sense... which is more likely:

A) I can tell the future
B) I know more about hockey than (enter name here).

Thought so...
Please don't make us bring the posts where your 'super-duper' hockey knowledge was crap.

Like others said, most of the moves that you mention are just common sense.

Here, write this one down for next year, I'll be awaiting praises and will think of myself above others as far as my hockey knowledge goes :

- Let Bouillon go
- Let Dandy go
- Let Bégin go
- See what happens with Kosto in the season
- Resign Komisarek
- Resign Koivu
- Resign Kovalev
- Resign Plekanec
- Resign Higgins
- Resign Latendresse

Quote:
What you fail to understand is that I happen to have the authority and crediblity to do so. The same cant be said for many along these parts. I mean lets be realistic... many of the people on this message board cant even afford parking to a Habs game let alone a ticket.
Wow, I didn't know they had internet connections at Lafontaine hospital.

Authority and credibility? Are your eyes completely brown right about now, cuz you seem just so full of it.

Most of the times, you don't even respond to well-rounded arguments, your authority and credibility here is in the same league as The Damned. That should tell you a lot of the perception posters here have of you.

For a guy who obsessively and constantly puts down Gainey who is regarded as one of the top10 GMs in the league (and I'm being modest in that assertion), it tells us a lot about your megalomania.

Old
07-09-2008, 11:30 AM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Anyone who would believe YOU own a beemer is a serious tool. This coming from the guy who resorts to belittling others over grammar to make himself feel better about his own insecurities in real life. You know, the insecurity you feel about being a complete moron so you have to go online and try to insult peoples typos, grammar mistakes, etc?

You're every bit as much an idiot and a joke as the OP in this thread.
you should also include ridiculing the opinion of a poster based on their location

Old
07-09-2008, 11:31 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Wow thats really sad that you would sink this low BigTimer.

Can you just leave HF and never come back please cause that was just pathetic. Resorting to saying a rich person knows more about the habs then a poor one just because they go to see more games. Last I checked you can see the habs on the internet, on tv, in any bar, and not be rich or have to go to the bell centre.

It's pretty sad that you had to resort to this to make a point lol
When people yank hard on your chain, it's done to provoke a reaction. Reacting is like water to man dying of thirst. As you get older, you will know this. You may or may not recognize it soon enough to avoid the trap, but you'll get better at it.

Old
07-09-2008, 11:32 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman08 View Post
you should also include ridiculing the opinion of a poster based on their location
Oh yeah,[ insert generic India comment, ]

Old
07-09-2008, 11:33 AM
flappuck

Quote:
Some people are great, some just pedestrian, and others just a waste of air. I love being great not only because I can identify the masses of people below me, but I can also make sure they dont forget their place. Controlling and manipulating the proletariat and peasants has been around for centuries and is a great insurance policy for darwinism.

You need

Old
07-09-2008, 11:34 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
The best part of this thread, by far, is the reference to Mrs. McPhee's "ever expanding flower garden"

Also, who waters their garden at night? Creeeeepy.
You can't water early when the sun's hot. Garden newbie.

I can't think of any way to make this funny over dinner tonight. Damn shame. It's a vision that's become increasingly disturbing as the day wears on.

Old
07-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
When people yank hard on your chain, it's done to provoke a reaction. Reacting is like water to man dying of thirst. As you get older, you will know this. You may or may not recognize it soon enough to avoid the trap, but you'll get better at it.
You're a wise man, McPhee.

But damn, you look awful in a powder blue cocktail dress.

Old
07-09-2008, 11:36 AM
sandman08

Quote:
Oh yeah,[ insert generic India comment, ]
haha it wasnt even me i was referring to.. i know theres a good chance i'll get flak based on the fact im currently in india by those who dont know i spent most of my life in north america so i dont care as much (unless its a ridiculous comment about outsourcing or some such)
the comment i was referring to was about some guy from ohio making a comment about kovalev

Old
07-09-2008, 11:36 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24morecupsthanyou View Post
i just started to post, but nice try at you trying to claim that you have a good life going.

You must not get paid very well, if you have to carefully watch the clock to make sure you have enough bills to pay for your internet bills. What do you make, minimum wage? haha.

Take it easy you joke.

P.S for the next time i see you...my Beemer, takes premium.
24morecupsthanyou
Posts Per Day: 15.24

BigTimer
Posts Per Day: 2.11

And thanks for the post-script, those repo men rarely tell me what the cars they give me run on.

Old
07-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
You're a wise man, McPhee.

But damn, you look awful in a powder blue cocktail dress.
McPhee comes into a thread like this trying to talk sense. Thank god for you & others like you for taking this thread in the direction it deserves to go.

Old
07-09-2008, 11:37 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Yeah you're right Mcphee. I should just let it go and I never seem to. It's just so many of the people on here make the most ignorant comments that it annoys me and I almost feel obligated to say something.

I like the core of good people here who post info etc and give users like myself stuff to read and respond to that actually is valuable info or even simply a fun topic.

It's people like this who try to toot their own horn over dumb predictions etc that need to be told to STHU.

Good for him, he made predictions a twelve year old could've made if they watched last season of the habs, then proceeds to put down others in the process when they explain to him any idiot could've made those predictions cause they were clearly common sense. He's trying to toot his own horn over something ridiculous. He didn't predict the Cristo pick, he didn't predict anything hard to predict like the Tanguay deal(specifically), so why does he have to toot his own horn over something so dumb? Fact is, he's belittling others in a sad attempt to try and make himself feel smarter etc when really he'd have to be a complete moron in real life to believe that his "predictions" were anything other then common sense a person with an average IQ could've predicted. I guess what I'm saying is, if you're dumb enough to think those predictions were hard to predict, you must have less than an average IQ

I'm tired of people like him and 24cups (or whatever his stupid name is) making the entire habs fan base look like a bunch of retards who feel they're better then everyone else. Guess what, Ozy and others on this board who don't go around tooting their own horn make far greater posts then tools like these two.

Closed Thread