HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Get Shanahan dump Prucha

Old
07-09-2008, 03:40 PM
ebn

vCash: 500
Get Shanahan dump Prucha

Guys what do you think of this idea? We trade Prucha for any kind of a pick. Whatever we get is fine as long as we get rid of his salary. In Prucha salary 1.6 mil we add Shanahan for one year. He is I think better than Prucha good for leadership and will play as a second line right wing with Drury and Dawes or Dubinsky and Dawes. It's only for one year until Cherepanov is ready next year.

ebn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
That is essentially what we've done for the last two years. just haven't committed to trading Prucha.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 03:45 PM
LIRoyals7794

Agree.

Get Shanahan.

LIRoyals7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 03:50 PM
frankthefrowner

I like Shanny and what hes done here but lets be fair, he has not been the same guy since the concussion.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 03:55 PM
TheHotRock

i agree with the dump prucha part.

the get shanny....not so much....maybe if he only played on special teams

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 03:58 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

If Shanahan could barely keep up for a full season this year, what makes anyone think he will next year at a year older?

Please, Shanahan is done as a player.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:01 PM
DontStepanMe

dump Prucha...

Shanahan is like a drug... you might think it is a good idea but it isn't, just say no.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:04 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I'd rather be patient and trade Prucha when his stock rises.

Then sign Shanny as late into the season as possible (if they need him). He should announce his retirement like Selanne and then come back later when hes fresh, can that be done?

Otherwise, bye bye 14.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:04 PM
ebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
If Shanahan could barely keep up for a full season this year, what makes anyone think he will next year at a year older?

Please, Shanahan is done as a player.
The guy had 23 goals last year. If he can replicate that again it will be very well worth it. Plus all we are getting rid of is Prucha and his salary. Shanahan is familiar with the Rangers and is a good leader. He puts in 20 + goals and we got something.
Watch his ice time.

Old
07-09-2008, 04:06 PM
ebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I'd rather be patient and trade Prucha when his stock rises.

Then sign Shanny in February. He should announce his retirement like Selanne and then come back later when hes fresh, can that be done?
Prucha could not score last year if his life depended on it. He had like one goal. He is too small. We need to get rid of the cap hit.

Old
07-09-2008, 04:07 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebn View Post
Prucha could not score last year if his life depended on it. He had like one goal. He is too small. We need to get rid of the cap hit.
No need to rush it IMO. You are not going to get back much especially since you are trying to "dump" him.

At least get something back in return, like hard nosed D or a top 6 winger when the time is right. I wouldnt give up on him, especially since the Rangers are changing their style up.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:08 PM
TheZherdev

all it takes is one bad year for fans to turn on you in ny

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:15 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
It has nothing to do with size. Its oppurtunity, confidence and ice time. Those 3 things = really good Petr Prucha.

While Jagr was great in 05-06, as evidence by this video, Prucha has not been as confident as in 05-06. Losing ice and PP time to Shanahan has clear ******** his development. If Prucha is given a chance to start the season with PP time, there is no reason he cant succeed.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
It has nothing to do with size. Its oppurtunity, confidence and ice time. Those 3 things = really good Petr Prucha.

While Jagr was great in 05-06, as evidence by this video, Prucha has not been as confident as in 05-06. Losing ice and PP time to Shanahan has clear ******** his development. If Prucha is given a chance to start the season with PP time, there is no reason he cant succeed.

Prucha got power play time last year and didn't run with it...

Prucha isn't the same player he was his first year here...he is a liabilty on the power play..he can't one time a shot!!!

for a guy making $1.6M he is an expensive maybe on this roster...it's time to cut the cord and move on..

as for shanny his body retired last year in mid-october...he is an embarassment to himself...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Keep Prucha, he's gonna tear it up someday.

Forget Shanny.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:32 PM
zaius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Keep Prucha, he's gonna tear it up someday.

Forget Shanny.
I agree. he has the skills necessary, just give him some ice time this year and who knows what can happen. next year is a prefect time for the team to give him another shot.

zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Celestial Black

Don't sign Shanny...let him retire and hope he becomes a coach for the Rangers. Deal Prucha while he has some value.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:38 PM
The Thomas J.*

I'm not sure if Renney want's Shanny back, I would like him back, but at the same time if you really wanna give this team 100% to Drury & Gomez than Shanny is out.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:39 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Prucha scored 30 in 05-06 because he had a spot. He lost his spot to Shanny. Give him the minutes and he will produce.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

What makes people think Shanny will take less then 1.6 mil? His "discount" last year was actually a raise.

He was a great player and by all means a good locker room type to have, but he's done. His effective-ness clearly dropped after the mid point of the year, and because of his skating he would mostly be regulated to the "old style" of him standing in a spot and other players setting him up, which by the remarks of Renney & co is not exactly what they are trying to do with the team.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:41 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGomezToZherdev View Post
Prucha scored 30 in 05-06 because he had a spot. He lost his spot to Shanny. Give him the minutes and he will produce.
Thats the hope, if you commit to playing Dawes, Prucha & Cally on the top 3 lines there really isn't any room for Shanny, there is already a log jam of players on the 4th line, so it seems to me Shanny is Done as a Ranger one way or the other.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:44 PM
jniklast

everybody wanted shanny on the 3rd or even 4th line last year, and now he shall return as a 2nd liner while he got another year older...

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:49 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
The guy had 23 goals last year. If he can replicate that again it will be very well worth it. Plus all we are getting rid of is Prucha and his salary. Shanahan is familiar with the Rangers and is a good leader. He puts in 20 + goals and we got something.
Watch his ice time.
He scored 23 goals because he can shoot.

He can't skate anymore.

Renney and the Rangers want to get faster, I don't think Shanahan fits that mold.

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 07-09-2008 at 05:23 PM.
SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:54 PM
dkich96

I want what you are having!

Quote:
Guys what do you think of this idea? We trade Prucha for any kind of a pick. Whatever we get is fine as long as we get rid of his salary. In Prucha salary 1.6 mil we add Shanahan for one year. He is I think better than Prucha good for leadership and will play as a second line right wing with Drury and Dawes or Dubinsky and Dawes. It's only for one year until Cherepanov is ready next year.
I guess you are the person that applauded Sather when he signed past their prime vets to multi year contracts worth insane amounts of money.

dkich96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Fletch

SoS...

I will say this about Prucha on the PP - you can count the number of times a puck actually reached him for a shot. On more PPs, it was zero. Those PP days were the most pathetic of them all. The PP was more predicatable than ever since Dubi was a bit new and wasn't a puck hog like Nylander. The cross ice pass was nearly non-existent. Prucha shanked a couple chances - I remember them - but there were very few chances for him to do anything with a shot while he was on the PP. It was dismal.

As for Shanny - where do the Rangers get money to afford him? I hear people talking about "if he can do what he did last year (i.e., score 23 goals)..." Well, if he can do that why wouldn't he want to be paid what he was paid last season, which was the $5.3MM hometown discount - at least part of it is eating up this season's cap. I don't think getting rid of Prucha (assuming no salary comes back) enables the Rangers to afford Shanny.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote