HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's the problem with Bouillon?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-09-2008, 04:52 PM
  #51
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAbbott View Post
This is ludacris.

People want Brisebois & Dandenault out because they suck, not because of their last names. Believe me, if their names were Brisechuck and Dandenfield it wouldn't make any difference. Stop trying to stir up a ****fest language debate.
I agree with you about Dandenault... But that's all.

How many threads have we seen last year about fans wanting Tender to be sent back in the minors?

How many about wanting Bouillon and Bégin to leave the team?

How many about Brisebois sucking and being booed?? There was even a poll here after Gainey signed Brisebois last year, asking if we should boo him or not. And the majority were in favor of booing him, even before he could play his first game... I found it so totally disgusting....

I still believe it's not the majority who thinks this way, but I would feel a little better if sometimes I could see some fans among you who could also speak against French bashing...

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:57 PM
  #52
MontrealHabitant
Registered User
 
MontrealHabitant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
I agree with you about Dandenault... But that's all.

How many threads have we seen last year about fans wanting Tender to be sent back in the minors?

How many about wanting Bouillon and Bégin to leave the team?

How many about Brisebois sucking and being booed?? There was even a poll here after Gainey signed Brisebois last year, asking if we should boo him or not. And the majority were in favor of booing him, even before he could play his first game... I found it so totally disgusting....

I still believe it's not the majority who thinks this way, but I would feel a little better if sometimes I could see some fans among you who could also speak against French bashing...
Tu comprend vraiment pas hein ?

It is not related to the ethnicity, i can assure you that if Vincent Lecavalier was on the team, he wouldn't be < bashed >

The fact is, fans wants to remove the pieces of our line ups that are weak or old, in this case it happens to be French Canadians.

You won't see Tanguay getting bashed for his ethnicity either, he might get bashed for his contract if he doesn't produce though.

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 05:02 PM
  #53
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post
HOWEVER.. some of the lunatics on this board, have this weird attitude that we are supposedly rebuilding for the next 20 years ( Let's throw out a veteran (Bouillon) for a noobie that hasn't finished his classes yet ( Valentenko, Carle, Emelin etc)
It's a not question of rebuild. You,re the loonie, if you can't understand this basic premise. A team has an evolution and that evolution demands that older players be replaced by younger players when the time comes. This teams is better because the youth was moved in. The leadership a guy like Bouillon brings is nothing compared to what other expiremented players on the team bring. We will still have Laraque, Bégin, Koivu, Kovalev, Tanguay (if he stays here after next season) Hamrlik to lead the team. With so many prospects in our organization, this process has to take place.

Next time, why don't you adress my posts directly instead of making a under-handed attack, and confront my arguments instead of stating it's lunacy.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 05:03 PM
  #54
Slick Nick
Registered User
 
Slick Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 500


Try to avoid shoting on those this year. Everything else, I'm OK with.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 05:06 PM
  #55
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post
Tu comprend vraiment pas hein ?

It is not related to the ethnicity, i can assure you that if Vincent Lecavalier was on the team, he wouldn't be < bashed >

The fact is, fans wants to remove the pieces of our line ups that are weak or old, in this case it happens to be French Canadians.

You won't see Tanguay getting bashed for his ethnicity either, he might get bashed for his contract if he doesn't produce though.
It's your opinion. Maybe you haven't been reading this board for long enough to see it. I've been reading this for many years now, even if I don't participate much. French players are getting bashed much more than any others = FACT.

Take 2 players as an example : Kostopoulos and Latendresse. Latendresse has much more talent and potential. Kosto will be a 4th liner for all his carreer. But how many threads have we seen last year from fans wanting Tender to be sent in the minors?? There was so many that it was a running joke. How many similar threads about Kostopoulos? Well, I just can't remember any...

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 05:09 PM
  #56
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
It's a not question of rebuild. You,re the loonie, if you can't understand this basic premise. A team has an evolution and that evolution demands that older players be replaced by younger players when the time comes. This teams is better because the youth was moved in. The leadership a guy like Bouillon brings is nothing compared to what other expiremented players on the team bring. We will still have Laraque, Bégin, Koivu, Kovalev, Tanguay (if he stays here after next season) Hamrlik to lead the team. With so many prospects in our organization, this process has to take place.

Next time, why don't you adress my posts directly instead of making a under-handed attack, and confront my arguments instead of stating it's lunacy.
The Red Wings would disagree with you...

They won the cup with Drake, Chelios, Maltby, Draper, Osgood and McCarthy, right?

At 32, Bouillon is far from being old anyway...

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 05:33 PM
  #57
Sthabs
Registered User
 
Sthabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
It's your opinion. Maybe you haven't been reading this board for long enough to see it. I've been reading this for many years now, even if I don't participate much. French players are getting bashed much more than any others = FACT.

Take 2 players as an example : Kostopoulos and Latendresse. Latendresse has much more talent and potential. Kosto will be a 4th liner for all his carreer. But how many threads have we seen last year from fans wanting Tender to be sent in the minors?? There was so many that it was a running joke. How many similar threads about Kostopoulos? Well, I just can't remember any...
I call bs

I m not French canadian but I m much more of a franco than an anglo if you wanna categorise me........

Kostopoulos has a defined role, and he does his role perfectly. That s why he isnt bached. If Lats has half of the work ethic of TomK, he wouldnt be bashed either, if you can honnestly tell me that Lats was better than TommyK especially during the PO, then theres no need to continue that discussion further. Lats does have more potential, that I agree with you, and I ve always been defending Lats, however Lats is still progreesing, and is still far away from TommyK, even as a 4th liner. Maybe with more speed things will be different but as far as last season goes, Tommy was more useful than Lats.

Back to Bouillon

Bouillon s problem has always been reach, and size, if this guy was 6"2 he d be praised a lot more....He doesnt have much of a shot either and not much offensive upside, especially in the offensive zone, he does however carry the puck to the O zone pretty nicely. But he does pretty much everything else pretty decently. I dont care about his salary. To me he earned it, maybe a few 100 000 extra, but I wont complain for that. As it was mentionned previously, El dandys contract doesnt help him either.

Personally I d love to keep him for this year, he ll have the chance to play 5-6thD minutes and earn a new contract, that I hope wont be with us unless it s as a 7th D, and I do think he s worth more than that.
The reaon why i dont want to keep him after next year, is 1 , I belive he ll ask for too much if he has a good year with Gorges, 2 , apparently we have a bigger version of the Tank, but we ll see about that this year, and mostly to make room for the new comers next year, including hopefully Carle or one of Korneev or Emelin.
So it s not about his ethinicity at all, just for imo, the good of the Habs.


Last edited by Sthabs: 07-09-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 05:44 PM
  #58
MontrealHabitant
Registered User
 
MontrealHabitant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
It's a not question of rebuild. You,re the loonie, if you can't understand this basic premise. A team has an evolution and that evolution demands that older players be replaced by younger players when the time comes. This teams is better because the youth was moved in. The leadership a guy like Bouillon brings is nothing compared to what other expiremented players on the team bring. We will still have Laraque, Bégin, Koivu, Kovalev, Tanguay (if he stays here after next season) Hamrlik to lead the team. With so many prospects in our organization, this process has to take place.

Next time, why don't you adress my posts directly instead of making a under-handed attack, and confront my arguments instead of stating it's lunacy.
Evolution has to be done when the youth is ready, in this case none of them are ready or good enough to help us be a contender this year, so why are we having this discussion ?


Quote:
Take 2 players as an example : Kostopoulos and Latendresse. Latendresse has much more talent and potential. Kosto will be a 4th liner for all his carreer. But how many threads have we seen last year from fans wanting Tender to be sent in the minors?? There was so many that it was a running joke. How many similar threads about Kostopoulos? Well, I just can't remember any..
Because Latendresse isn't a checker, or an enforcer, neither does he bring any energy and he can't play defense properly, he is not suited for the 4th line, that's why Latendresse will be removed from the roster if he blows.

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 05:47 PM
  #59
MontrealHabitant
Registered User
 
MontrealHabitant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
It's your opinion. Maybe you haven't been reading this board for long enough to see it. I've been reading this for many years now, even if I don't participate much. French players are getting bashed much more than any others = FACT.

Take 2 players as an example : Kostopoulos and Latendresse. Latendresse has much more talent and potential. Kosto will be a 4th liner for all his carreer. But how many threads have we seen last year from fans wanting Tender to be sent in the minors?? There was so many that it was a running joke. How many similar threads about Kostopoulos? Well, I just can't remember any...
None of your arguments made any sense so far, so let's say we don't like how a russian player plays, we're racist ?

Players get bashed for --> Contracts, gameplay, attitude.

NOT THEIR ETHNICITY, we aren't in the 40,50,60's where not a single team wanted french canadians.

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 06:12 PM
  #60
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
I agree with you about Dandenault... But that's all.

How many threads have we seen last year about fans wanting Tender to be sent back in the minors?

How many about wanting Bouillon and Bégin to leave the team?

How many about Brisebois sucking and being booed?? There was even a poll here after Gainey signed Brisebois last year, asking if we should boo him or not. And the majority were in favor of booing him, even before he could play his first game... I found it so totally disgusting....

I still believe it's not the majority who thinks this way, but I would feel a little better if sometimes I could see some fans among you who could also speak against French bashing...
Expectations are heavier on French players in Montreal. And I think that has scared some French players away.

Brisebois didn't deserve to be booed all those years. They asked him to fill a big role as a #1 and paid him for it. Not his fault that he had ZERO help. So he took all the blame. The problem was he started to "act tough" when everyone knew that wasn't his game. He tried to do too much to make the fans like him.

Bouillon hasn't had a player who could complement what he does on the third pairing, namely a guy with size. So he takes the blame when the guy isn't cleared out front of the net. I think he'll be healthier this year than last though, so he should be back to normal.

I love Begin, but he did make a big mistake in the playoffs. I still love him. He's a great guy to have for our fourth line. I hope he can stay healthy.

I think it's just circumstance, but the fans also expect more from French players.

Tanguay might be ok because he should put up some points with our lineup. But if it was a couple years ago, he probably would have struggled and would have been booed.

But this team has been pushed around for a long time and the tendency is to blame the Europeans and French skill players. It's not the players, it's the GM who is putting the team together. If the players don't have the right support, they will fail.

But Gainey had a long-term plan and we're starting to see it come together. Winning takes care of a lot of things.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 06:14 PM
  #61
Vilgrain
 
Vilgrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
the problem = people prefers gorges

fans want to add another great dman in the roster and they don't want gorges to pay the price. it's that simple.

personaly, i like bouillon

Vilgrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 06:19 PM
  #62
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilgrain View Post
the problem = people prefers gorges

fans want to add another great dman in the roster and they don't want gorges to pay the price. it's that simple.

personaly, i like bouillon
Gorges has a better first pass than Bouillon and is better defensively. Bouillon is better at carrying the puck and is better at open ice hits. Both players are going to need a complementary partner.

Bouillon and O'Byrne seemed perfect to me, but that was only if we picked up another bonafide top 4 Dman to play with Hammer. Breezer is too old.

Now Gorges has played his way onto the team. I don't like the idea of Bouillon-Gorges with O'Byrne on the second pairing. Too small on the third pair, especially on the road. Gorgouillon?

I guess we haven't learned our lesson from Dandouillon and Breezebouillon.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 06:20 PM
  #63
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
I call bs

I m not French canadian but I m much more of a franco than an anglo if you wanna categorise me........

Kostopoulos has a defined role, and he does his role perfectly. That s why he isnt bached. If Lats has half of the work ethic of TomK, he wouldnt be bashed either, if you can honnestly tell me that Lats was better than TommyK especially during the PO, then theres no need to continue that discussion further. Lats does have more potential, that I agree with you, and I ve always been defending Lats, however Lats is still progreesing, and is still far away from TommyK, even as a 4th liner. Maybe with more speed things will be different but as far as last season goes, Tommy was more useful than Lats.
I agree that Kosto was a better player during the playoffs. But those anti-Latendresse threads were there during the regular seasons. And I'm sorry, but Latendresse was much more useful than Kosto during the season. The stats speaks for themselves :

Latendresse : 73-16-11-27, -2, 134 hits (4th on the team)
Kostopoulos : 67-7-6-13, -3, 128 hits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
Bouillon s problem has always been reach, and size, if this guy was 6"2 he d be praised a lot more....He doesnt have much of a shot either and not much offensive upside, especially in the offensive zone, he does however carry the puck to the O zone pretty nicely. But he does pretty much everything else pretty decently. I dont care about his salary. To me he earned it, maybe a few 100 000 extra, but I wont complain for that. As it was mentionned previously, El dandys contract doesnt help him either
It's easy to understand how much of a good 5th or 6th defenseman Bouillon is. Just compare him to other 6th defensemen from last year around the league, and tell me how many of them you would rather get instead of Bouillon :

Bouillon : 74-2-6-8, +9 (1st among defensemen on the team), 168 hits (23rd in the league)

Sean O'Donnell
Steve McCarthy
Shane Hnidy
Nolan Pratt
James Vandermeer
Niklas Wallin
Jordan Hendry
Jeff Finger
Ole-Kristian Tollefsen
Mattias Norstrom
Brett Lebda
Ladislav Smid
Jassen Cullimore
Jon Klemm
Keith Carney
Greg Zanon
Vitaly Vishnevski
Bruno Gervais
Marc Staal
Luke Richardson
Jaroslav Modry
Keith Yandle
Rob Scuderi
Kyle Mclaren
Jeff Woywitka
Brad Lukowich
Anton Stralman
Willie Mitchell
Milan Jurcina

And don't just compare with their reputation. Go watch their actual stats. You'll see that Bouillon is in the top tier among 6th defensemen.

We could argue that players like Norstrom, Mitchell, Staal are better players. Some others like O'Donnell, Vandermeer, Finger, Lebda, Modry and McClaren are pretty even with Bouillon. But the others... :-S


Last edited by DDs not undersized: 07-09-2008 at 06:29 PM.
DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 06:22 PM
  #64
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
I agree that Kosto was a better player during the playoffs. But those anti-Latendresse threads were there during the regular seasons. And I'm sorry, but Latendresse was much more useful than Kosto during the season. The stats speaks for themselves :

Latendresse : 73-16-11-27, -2, 134 hits (4th on the team)
Kostopoulos : 67-7-6-13, -3, 128 hits



It's easy to understand how much of a good 5th or 6th defenseman Bouillon is. Just compare him to other 6th defensemen from last year around the league, and tell me how many of them you would rather get instead of Bouillon :

Bouillon : 74-2-6-8, +9 (1st among defensemen on the team), 168 hits (23rd in the league)

Sean O'Donnell
Steve McCarthy
Shane Hnidy
Nolan Pratt
James Vandermeer
Niklas Wallin
Jordan Hendry
Jeff Finger
Ole-Kristian Tollefsen
Mattias Norstrom
Brett Lebda
Ladislav Smid
Jassen Cullimore
Jon Klemm
Keith Carney
Greg Zanon
Vitaly Vishnevski
Bruno Gervais
Marc Staal
Luke Richardson
Jaroslav Modry
Keith Yandle
Rob Scuderi
Kyle Mclaren
Jeff Woywitka
Brad Lukowich
Anton Stralman
Willie Mitchell
Milan Jurcina

And don't just compare with their reputation. Go watch their actual stats. You'll see that Bouillon is in the top tier among 6th defensemen.
There's a lot of guys on that list better than Cube.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 06:33 PM
  #65
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
I agree that Kosto was a better player during the playoffs. But those anti-Latendresse threads were there during the regular seasons. And I'm sorry, but Latendresse was much more useful than Kosto during the season. The stats speaks for themselves :

Latendresse : 73-16-11-27, -2, 134 hits (4th on the team)
Kostopoulos : 67-7-6-13, -3, 128 hits
Of course, taking yourself out of the play to hit a d-man deep in his zone is good, solid hit.

I mean, Lats didn't block shots, wasn't on the PK, was useless when used on the PP (Kostitsyn screens much, MUCH better) and was just plain terrible on D.
Kostopoulos blocked shots, could play on the PK and is solid in his own zone. I never expect him to put up 20 goals, which is why Latendresse was drafted. To score. Kostopoulos was signed to play D and give energy.

Latendresse, at this point, is a very poor excuse for a roster player.

P.S. Kostopoulos is a great team player and will do anything for his teammates, even if it means getting thrown around by Chara. Lats doesn't even have half of his guts, but he's got WAY more size. He's a big softie.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 06:41 PM
  #66
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post
Of course, taking yourself out of the play to hit a d-man deep in his zone is good, solid hit.

I mean, Lats didn't block shots, wasn't on the PK, was useless when used on the PP (Kostitsyn screens much, MUCH better) and was just plain terrible on D.
Kostopoulos blocked shots, could play on the PK and is solid in his own zone. I never expect him to put up 20 goals, which is why Latendresse was drafted. To score. Kostopoulos was signed to play D and give energy.

Latendresse, at this point, is a very poor excuse for a roster player.

P.S. Kostopoulos is a great team player and will do anything for his teammates, even if it means getting thrown around by Chara. Lats doesn't even have half of his guts, but he's got WAY more size. He's a big softie.
I wouldn't go that far. Latendresse fought Chara. He's learning to use his body more effectively and has shown signs of improvement.

Latendresse is a third liner in the New NHL right now. Not a fourth liner. Kosto is a fourth liner. It's apples and oranges.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 06:46 PM
  #67
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post
Of course, taking yourself out of the play to hit a d-man deep in his zone is good, solid hit.

I mean, Lats didn't block shots, wasn't on the PK, was useless when used on the PP (Kostitsyn screens much, MUCH better) and was just plain terrible on D.
Kostopoulos blocked shots, could play on the PK and is solid in his own zone. I never expect him to put up 20 goals, which is why Latendresse was drafted. To score. Kostopoulos was signed to play D and give energy.

Latendresse, at this point, is a very poor excuse for a roster player.

P.S. Kostopoulos is a great team player and will do anything for his teammates, even if it means getting thrown around by Chara. Lats doesn't even have half of his guts, but he's got WAY more size. He's a big softie.
Please watch your stats instead of saying nonsenses.

In 2007-08 :

Kostopoulos : 34 blocked shots (while playing on PK)
Latendresse : 27 blocked shots (without playing on PK)

But I guess the shots that Latendresse blocked were not real shots, right? Just like his hits are not real hits?

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 06:47 PM
  #68
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post
Evolution has to be done when the youth is ready, in this case none of them are ready or good enough to help us be a contender this year, so why are we having this discussion ?
Well if you actually took the time to read my posts on the subject in this very thread, I mentioned that I was talking about next summer, we will ahve to let Bouillon go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
The Red Wings would disagree with you...

They won the cup with Drake, Chelios, Maltby, Draper, Osgood and McCarthy, right?

At 32, Bouillon is far from being old anyway...
Yet you haven't mentioned one 3rd pairing dman. And your argument is ridiculous as the Habs do have Koivu, Kovalev, Hamrlik, Laraque, Markov, Bégin...

The point is not because it is Bouillon, it's because of his role, the salary and timing. Next summer we will have Valentenko and Carle who will quite probably be ready and they need to be put on the lower pairings. We have to make sacrifices somewhere, and I'm sure the Habs won't touch Hammer and Markov as they both have experience and have a bigger impact. They won't let go Komi as he's reaching his prime and is more important to the team. Gorges and Oburn are both young and don't cost much. Who remains? Next year, I don't expect Breezer to be back either, I don't mind if he's here this year as we need him and do have the space to take him. But next year will be a very different story unless Valentenko and Carle don't improve, which is unlikely from what they've already shown.

Also we have Kovalev, Koivu, Tanguay, Plekanec, Komisarek, Latendresse, Higgins, Kostopoulos, Bégin, Bouillon and Dandy to resign next summer, so we need to make cap room especially if we sign Sundin. Our next batch of young players will rather be defensemen than forwards, hence we need to make place on the bottom pairing. Do you know what pragmatism is? If we don't sign Sundin, then maybe there will space to sign Bouillon back, along with Bégin, but that will impeed on the young players who have to break out and start playing in this league, because afterwards, there will be another batch of young dmen coming and keeping the present batch from playing next year will make the process even more difficult as you have to keep a balance between youth and veterans. How do you think the Wings managed to build from the inside?? By strategically replacing the less important veterants by their young players. Your argument is absolutely ridiculous as it implies that by letting go Bouillon, we will be forfitting all the veterans we have.

Anyway, I don't expect you to have much logic with the type of comment you first made on this thread.


Last edited by Ozymandias: 07-09-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 06:58 PM
  #69
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Please watch your stats instead of saying nonsenses.

In 2007-08 :

Kostopoulos : 34 blocked shots (while playing on PK)
Latendresse : 27 blocked shots (without playing on PK)

But I guess the shots that Latendresse blocked were not real shots, right? Just like his hits are not real hits?
Difference between Lats and Kostopoulos for blocked shots = about 12% (Kostopoulos is 5th among forwards and Lats is 9th BTW)

Difference for hits = about 2%
(Kostopoulos is 2nd among forwards while Lats is 1st)

Lats also played 140 more minutes than Kostopoulos while having a minute more per game.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 07:03 PM
  #70
speed11
Registered User
 
speed11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country:
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
i still remember his blatant turnover that gave the Flyers the lead late in game 5 =/

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 07:03 PM
  #71
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
There's absolutely no problem with Bouillon, if you look at the type of salaries given this summer, his contract is perfect for what he brings. He's been solid and consistent all year, perfect bottom pairing guy.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 07:06 PM
  #72
Sthabs
Registered User
 
Sthabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
Partisan, I do have to say that there s few Ds on that list that I d tke before Cube

However, they re either all Rfa or Ufas that will be too expensive expecially for a 7th D. even more so when we have plenty of young Ds for 2008-09

Imo the question isnt between cube or any of these Ds but more between Bs and our own because we all know (most of us) that he is a good 5-6-7
So between:
Bouillon and all his ups and downs.
or
One of our own Ds that ll probably be cheaper for a while and more upside in the long term than Bouillon

I guess most ppl would take the rookie


I do agree that ppl have to take it easy with Lats, some prospects take longer to develop, exact same as Fisher and we do have to be more patient with them...

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 07:08 PM
  #73
Sports1131
Registered User
 
Sports1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston/Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
I have no problem with Bouillon at all. He's a very physical player, always works hard, likes playing for Montreal and has a reasonably affordable contract.

I know a lot of people here would like to have rookies or superstars at every position but you can't build a decent team without veteran role players. Bouillon is not great but he's certainly not bad either; I'm happy to have him on the team.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 07:11 PM
  #74
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
Partisan, I do have to say that there s few Ds on that list that I d tke before Cube

However, they re either all Rfa or Ufas that will be too expensive expecially for a 7th D. even more so when we have plenty of young Ds for 2008-09

Imo the question isnt between cube or any of these Ds but more between Bs and our own because we all know (most of us) that he is a good 5-6-7
So between:
Bouillon and all his ups and downs.
or
One of our own Ds that ll probably be cheaper for a while and more upside in the long term than Bouillon

I guess most ppl would take the rookie


I do agree that ppl have to take it easy with Lats, some prospects take longer to develop, exact same as Fisher and we do have to be more patient with them...
I would definitely not take the rookie, I don't think the Habs want to be the team that always tries to be competitive "in three to five years". There are no ups and downs with Bouillon, you always know what you're going to get. There are ups and downs with guys like O'byrne.

Cheaper really does not matter when the Habs have so much space.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 07:21 PM
  #75
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
That was without a doubt, the lamest post of the year (beside any post by BigTimer).

Écoute mon ptit gars, tu peux retourner dans ton trou avec tes allégations que c'est une question d'etnicité qui fait que les fans ici sur HF veulent que Bouillon, Dandy et le reste de la gang de francophone du CH partent. J'ai vu plus de morons sur les forums de RDS dirent ces mêmes choses sur Carbo, Bouillon, Dandy et tout les autres, que j'en ai vu ici. À vrai dire, les gens ici sont beaucoup plus respectueux des joueurs, entraineurs et gestionnaires du CH que se que j'ai vu sur des forums francophones et le niveau intellectuelle y est aussi bien plus elevé. Tu peux aller te réhabiller avec tes allégations stupides et irréels. Tu devrais te contenter de poster ta merde sur les forums francophones, tu y trouveras bien plus de gens remplient de haine et de préjugés.
So if i understand well , french fans are morons , they don't have any respect for Habs management and players , their intellectual level is lower than the fans here, and they have more prejudices - and really , people here have nothing againts them .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.