HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sundin to Montreal Offseason Rumors Part 6

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Sundin to Montreal Offseason Rumors Part 6

Continue

Old
07-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post
Lol ok...going by your logic, just because a team scored more goals doesn't mean their offense is better, which is the one thing habs fans keep talking about.
You can have a crappy top 6 and still be good offensively because you have Denis Potvin and Brian Trottier as a your first pair of D.

You can be good defensively and have a crappy defensive unit because you have Bob Gainey, Guy Carbonneau and Doug Jarvis as your top 6 forward...

Woot first !

Old
07-09-2008, 09:41 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Continue
I just spent all that time responding to that post and now it's in the other thread, never to be read!

The horror! The horror!

Old
07-09-2008, 09:42 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
OMGZ, LIEK THE CANUCKS FANZ ARE SO RIGHTZ

VANCOUVER >>>>>>> MTL

WE SHUD LIEK GIVE THEM THE EASTERN CONFERENCE BANNER BCUZ IT LIEK MEANS NOTHING AND THEY'RE BETTER THAN US. THERE'S NO ROOM HERE IN THE RAFTERS FOR IT ANYWAYZ, LULZ.

(Maybe a more idiotic language will get through to these trolls. You used to be cool, Vancouver. Now you're acting like Penguins fans and it's wearing thin.)

Old
07-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
I just spent all that time responding to that post and now it's in the other thread, never to be read!

The horror! The horror!
I read it.

You're special. Give yourself a hug.

Old
07-09-2008, 09:46 PM
axman88

for all you guys saying how the rangers, maple leafs and red wings are out of the sweepstakes for sundin because of cap issues...then what about mtl? with the signing of Gorges and the future signing of Obyrne we aren't going to have 7 million left for Sundin.........If your going to say "o, we are just gonna get rid of dandenault or some other player who is just taking up cap space, because we really need Sundin" then don't you think those other teams would do the same thing? If Sundin picks up the phone and calls up the rangers and says "Hey Glen, I want to play for you next year" don't you think they will trade or demote players who are taking up cap space to let a bonafide player play for the team? I mean look at Anaheim and Chicago they are both way over the cap...but you think it bothers them that they have so many star players on their team? heck no, come training camp if they are still over the cap then they'll just demote the deadwood to the minors (i believe if a player is sent down to the minors he doesn't count against the cap ex: mogilny with nj).

All I'm saying is, it's not a given that mtl is sundin's only hope to play for a contender...there are other possibilities so don't get your hopes up...for all we know he might end up just signing a 1 million dollar contract just to play with the red wings and win the cup

Old
07-09-2008, 09:47 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
for all you guys saying how the rangers, maple leafs and red wings are out of the sweepstakes for sundin because of cap issues...then what about mtl? with the signing of Gorges and the future signing of Obyrne we aren't going to have 7 million left for Sundin.........If your going to say "o, we are just gonna get rid of dandenault or some other player who is just taking up cap space, because we really need Sundin" then don't you think those other teams would do the same thing? If Sundin picks up the phone and calls up the rangers and says "Hey Glen, I want to play for you next year" don't you think they will trade or demote players who are taking up cap space to let a bonafide player play for the team? I mean look at Anaheim and Chicago they are both way over the cap...but you think it bothers them that they have so many star players on their team? heck no, come training camp if they are still over the cap then they'll just demote the deadwood to the minors (i believe if a player is sent down to the minors he doesn't count against the cap ex: mogilny with nj).

All I'm saying is, it's not a given that mtl is sundin's only hope to play for a contender...there are other possibilities so don't get your hopes up...for all we know he might end up just signing a 1 million dollar contract just to play with the red wings and win the cup
Or I could throw oil on you and kick you into a bed of feathers. How would you like that?

Old
07-09-2008, 09:49 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:

Yes it is a given.

Look at the other teams rosters. Look at what they would have to do to free up nearly $8 million. It's not possible with creating massive roster holes.

Old
07-09-2008, 09:49 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147
Doesn't matter, the (+/-) rating from the Habs is still better. If they are better defensively, they won't get score just as much as us, even if our offense is better.
I think you dont know how the +/- works....if they had scored 50 more goals they could increase their +/- by something like 70...up to a max of 100.
They allowed 206 goals and only scored 207 and yet their D managed to be +5.

Old
07-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:

Dandenault is simply a dead weight who won't probably play a other game with the Habs, unless a injury occurred.

He can still play in the NHL, but there is no place left for him here. It not like we need to get rid of one of our player who could still play with us if is salary was lower. Even at 500k, Dandenault would not play with habs

If we send him to Hamilton, his salary won't count against the cap since he is under 35. Otherwise we can trade or waive him.

Old
07-09-2008, 09:50 PM
axman88

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Or I could throw oil on you and kick you into a bed of feathers. How would you like that?
Sounds like fun, where do i sign up?

Old
07-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I think you dont know how the +/- works....
They allowed 206 goals and only scored 207 and yet their D managed to be +33.
Humm we are the one who had +33 with our D . They had +5. Please read my post again .

Old
07-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Yes it is a given.

Look at the other teams rosters. Look at what they would have to do to free up nearly $8 million. It's not possible with creating massive roster holes.
Valid point, though. If money becomes no question (unlikely, but possible), then the Rangers and Wings are right back in it.

Old
07-09-2008, 09:52 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Humm we are the one who had +33 with our D . They had +5. Please read my post again .
Yeah I was correcting the post as you quoted.

Old
07-09-2008, 09:56 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
I read it.

You're special. Give yourself a hug.
You're sarcastic and cool.

You must be catnip for the ladies.

Old
07-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Stewart JH Esq MBE

in before the second page!!!11

Old
07-09-2008, 09:57 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
oil? wouldnt it be tar?

Old
07-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:

If we sign Sundin, you do realize that we won't need Chipchura for this season, meaning it gives us an additional 984k, plus Dandenault will most likely hit the road, so that makes what? 2,6 mil more? Add D'agostini or Stewart as a backup for injury at 500k and that makes 2.1 mil more... mostly 9 mil of cap room and Van, with Demitra's signing would have around 10 mil left.... without Shannon signed.

Note that Montreal's present cap space is at 7,5 and Oburn is left to sign.

Old
07-09-2008, 09:58 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
oil? wouldnt it be tar?
Hahah, thats what I thought as well, but oil would work too.

Old
07-09-2008, 10:00 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
But would be alot more expensive...

Old
07-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

so..... is this thread still about Sundin??

Old
07-09-2008, 10:02 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Or Cranberry juice, stickkky.

Old
07-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post
Montreal has good D, but only Markov would crack the top 3 of Mitchell, Ohlund and Salo.
Someone send this guy a tape of Komisarek please...

Old
07-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
oil? wouldnt it be tar?
Both oil and tar, so we can light' em up afterwards...

Old
07-09-2008, 10:03 PM
JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffonfire View Post
so..... is this thread still about Sundin??
yup

Closed Thread