HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Interference

Old
07-09-2008, 10:13 PM
luciousharris

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to luciousharris Send a message via MSN to luciousharris
Interference

Has anyone played in a game where an opposing player ties you up by putting there stick between your legs to slow you down? Or they will put the stick between your legs and twist so you can't move. I always thought that was interference. Apparantly not in every league. I played in Quebec a while back and I went in for the forecheck several times and guys were doing that to me in the nuetral zone. Is there any way to break free from that move when a player does that to you?

luciousharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by major league View Post
Has anyone played in a game where an opposing player ties you up by putting there stick between your legs to slow you down? Or they will put the stick between your legs and twist so you can't move. I always thought that was interference. Apparantly not in every league. I played in Quebec a while back and I went in for the forecheck several times and guys were doing that to me in the nuetral zone. Is there any way to break free from that move when a player does that to you?
Just continue to skate hard, if the stick is between your legs, it's sure to cause you to loose your balance and fall, which should be tripping, so a pp for your team.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 10:31 PM
PEI Hockey

Quote:
This move is called the cork screw. Keep your feet moving and you will trip up. You will go down naturally, so don't force it and get caught for the dive. If someone does this to you, take a few strides and you will almost definitely fall down.

PEI Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 10:55 PM
deanosaur

Hack their wrists at the same time. That'll teach em.

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 12:14 AM
OilerNut*

I had a player jab their stick in the back of my knee on a 2 on 1. Of course I lost my balance and there went our scoring chance. That pissed me off.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 10:34 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Yeah keep skating and you'll get your team a PP.

This reminds me of something I had a guy doing to me when backchecking, so I don't like players sticks between my legs. I had a player taking shots at my cup (and hence, my member). He did it a few times in one backcheck and the ref didn't notice, hurt like hell, I let it go because we were winning. Second time he does it I turned around and took a Chris Simon to the side of his helmet. Funny, cause it didn't hurt him at all, and he threw a fist into my cage, and we got concurring. Best incredibly cheap move I ever did, and I have no regrets. The little ****er deserved it.

Sorry, off topic, but my point was I don't like moves like that....too close to hurting my possible future children.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 02:21 PM
welcomebackwinnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
I had a player jab their stick in the back of my knee on a 2 on 1. Of course I lost my balance and there went our scoring chance. That pissed me off.
He stopped a potential goal. Good play.

welcomebackwinnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackMorozov View Post
He stopped a potential goal. Good play.
It's a penalty. If it wasn't called, it should have been.

Stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
I think it is called the "can opener" and it is illegal. They really cracked down on it. Even if you don't trip but it slows you off guard or throws you off stride it should be called. Interference if you don't have the puck, otherwise hooking (I think??)

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:06 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan View Post
I think it is called the "can opener" and it is illegal. They really cracked down on it. Even if you don't trip but it slows you off guard or throws you off stride it should be called. Interference if you don't have the puck, otherwise hooking (I think??)
It's up to the ref by this point. It's pretty much Interference/Hooking/Tripping combined into one ultimate penalty.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Douggy

Quote:
That is interference according to Hockey Canada. Maybe just politely ask the referee what he thinks about it?

Douggy is offline   Reply With Quote