HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weiss video...

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Madhatter73

vCash: 500
Weiss video...

Not sure if this was posted before...

Old
07-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Montsy14

I watched this ahwhile back, I don't think it has ever been posted, but it is pretty funny..

Old
07-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
I didn't see Jokinen or Horton there... Why is that?

Old
07-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Montsy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I didn't see Jokinen or Horton there... Why is that?
Well, if I had to choose between golf and the place where they allegedly were, I would have done the same thing, lol

Old
07-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Funny. In the beginning as cameras roll and Weiss and Monty are talking some trash, Jay "I Don't Have Social Anxiety Order" Bouwmeester turns around and tries to slink away from being interviewed.

Old
07-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Montsy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Funny. In the beginning as cameras roll and Weiss and Monty are talking some trash, Jay "I Don't Have Social Anxiety Order" Bouwmeester turns around and tries to slink away from being interviewed.
haha i just noticed that, typical...

Old
07-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
haha i just noticed that, typical...
Right? And this is a guy that HATES playing in small-market Florida. I hope he gets swamped everywhere he goes once he's traded.

Old
07-09-2008, 09:03 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Right? And this is a guy that HATES playing in small-market Florida. I hope he gets swamped everywhere he goes once he's traded.
Bouw sucks, whatever.

His personality is terrible. If anyone ever tried to market him in a big city, it'd be difficult getting him to do commercials or anything of the like due to his inability to speak lol.

Old
07-09-2008, 09:21 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

When I went to the Devils-Panthers game here in Jersey this past season, we waited afterwords and I called him over for an autograph and he suprisingly came right over to sign. Same thing with Booth. Except he came out with a handful of food while he was rushing to the bus, yet still was cool enough to stop and sign. They both signed my jersey, but couldnt get anyone else to sign. Oh well, Bouw is still my favorite player and I will still like him even if he is traded.

Old
07-09-2008, 09:23 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
I couldn't have scripted a funnier exit for Jay in that video. Classic.

Old
07-09-2008, 10:09 PM
JayDubayou19

"Nice Pants"

Old
07-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
lol, I noticed that too when I watched. He looked like he just walked in on his friends parents having sex and wanted to act like he didn't see anything.

Old
07-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Panthers_Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Bouw sucks, whatever.

His personality is terrible. If anyone ever tried to market him in a big city, it'd be difficult getting him to do commercials or anything of the like due to his inability to speak lol.
and it begins. I thought fans would wait till a few minutes after the trade like Olli, but apparently not. Just like Luongo and Jokinen the fans turn against a Panthers player for silly off ice reasons when they leave the team.

All I know is that I'll be a fan of his whether he's a Panther or not, and last time I checked he's still a Panther. I wouldn't want to sign a long term deal with a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 8 years either.

P.S. Thanks for posting the video!

Old
07-09-2008, 10:32 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers_Fan View Post
All I know is that I'll be a fan of his whether he's a Panther or not, and last time I checked he's still a Panther. I wouldn't want to sign a long term deal with a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 8 years either.
I'll definitely continue to be a fan, too. Jay's been a great player to watch. If it turns out he didn't like living in South Florida...well, I certainly can't criticize him for that...seeing as how I didn't like it after being there for 22 years.

In any case, I still think his slinking away in that video was hilarious, if only to emphasize the notion he's uncomfortable in front of the camera.

Old
07-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Rattrick

Luongo was my favorite player when traded and I still like him today. Bouwmeester is my current favorite Panther and I'm not about to trash talk him now or if he is traded.

Old
07-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers_Fan View Post
and it begins. I thought fans would wait till a few minutes after the trade like Olli, but apparently not. Just like Luongo and Jokinen the fans turn against a Panthers player for silly off ice reasons when they leave the team.

P.S. Thanks for posting the video!
Excuse me? Just where exactly did I turn against Bouwmeester? If you'd have paid attention, I was always a supporter of both Jokinen and Luongo and thought that both trades were horrible ideas and no way to run a franchise.

Just because I rip on Jay for slinking away from the camera or break his balls for being shy does NOT mean I no longer want him on this team.

Old
07-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Excuse me? Just where exactly did I turn against Bouwmeester? If you'd have paid attention, I was always a supporter of both Jokinen and Luongo and thought that both trades were horrible ideas and no way to run a franchise.

Just because I rip on Jay for slinking away from the camera or break his balls for being shy does NOT mean I no longer want him on this team.

FWIW, I didn't think you were trashing Jay. I mean, who is going to deny he is very anti-social?

Old
07-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Bouw sucks, whatever.

His personality is terrible.
Wow, tough crowd!

"Drive for show, putt for dough!"

-ghoste

Old
07-10-2008, 01:08 AM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Eh, Bouw is just a shy guy. What do you want from him? It's not like he can control it. That's just the way he is. If he doesn't like the South Florida lifestyle, then are people really going to blame him for that? I think fans sometimes forget that these are human beings, not robots. They have their flaws and quirks just like everybody else. He's been a great, dedicated, and totally professional player for us since day one. We got 6 great years out of him. It just stinks that we couldn't build a better team around him. He'll still be my favorite player even if he does get traded.

Look at Ottawa, they lost both Chara and Redden for nothing. Could be worse.

Old
07-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Acadmus

hrm - this thread is way off topic. I guess it's not needed - the video will be accessible still, after all.

FWIW - I was watching for that scene with the sound off since I'm at work. To me it just looks like JBo realized he wasn't really part of the conversation, got bored and wandered off to talk to a couple other guys - he didn't seem to be "slinking away" at all. But that's just my take. After all, the interview probably didn't start at the instant the camera began rolling - they were all already facing the interviewer.