HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Hypothetical question

Old
07-10-2008, 03:18 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
I don't think we were talking about the same player there. He was talking about how Jagr was exhausted the second half. not drury. who i do agree was way overused in the beginning.
ahhh.....i disagree with whoever is saying he was tired....as he said he was saving his energy for the playoffs anyways

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 03:20 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i really think drury will put up 70-75 points this season......i know i will get flamed for this, but from watching him the second half of the season and considering he will be getting more EV time and i am expecting the pp to be better(which is where he really does his damage) considering he had what 55 points last season......i dont think it is unreasonable
I love the optimism and I hope to god you are right, but i dont think he will get over 60 maybe 65 tops. His problem is that he never really puts up alot of assists. he has to learn (if he can) to pass the puck and set up people better.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 03:21 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
ahhh.....i disagree with whoever is saying he was tired....as he said he was saving his energy for the playoffs anyways
exactly.. and he really turned it on in the PO's and the last month or so of the season.

Old
07-10-2008, 03:22 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
no i'm just telling it like it is. If a player never makes an all-star team, nor breaks 70 pts in a season he is by no means an all-star let alone spectacular. he is a good sound player but that's it.

now if you are going by his paycheck than yes that is spectacular (for him).

I mean Alexei Yashin put up better #'s than both of them. Better #'s than drury when he was w/ the piles. Would you consider him spectacular?

I like your optimisim but you are trying to tell me a pond is the same as an ocean.
Are you seriously comparing Yashin and Drury?

Yashin almost barely ever showed up in the postseason, was pretty poor defensively, was a lousy captain, and was overall considered lazy. If he did all of those things then yes, I would consider him spectacular.

You don't need a team of All-stars to go far in the playoffs. Do you suppose we just give up and tank for Tavares or something?

I'm just complimenting two players that I think are both great. I don't see what your problem is

Quote:
I love the optimism and I hope to god you are right, but i dont think he will get over 60 maybe 65 tops. His problem is that he never really puts up alot of assists. he has to learn (if he can) to pass the puck and set up people better.
If you look at Drury's career numbers he's always had noticeably more assists than goals. He's not as bad a playmaker as you make him out to be. He does need decent line mates to excel offensively though

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 03:23 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
i think the reason for that has been that his linemates have never been finishers....i know they sure werent in buffalo.......although it really wouldnt surprise me if he got 35 goals next year.....35 assists isnt too much to act considering he played below his talent the first half last season and got 30 assists......playing with prucha, callahan, dawes, sjostrom etc...

Old
07-10-2008, 03:31 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
i think the reason for that has been that his linemates have never been finishers....i know they sure werent in buffalo.......although it really wouldnt surprise me if he got 35 goals next year.....35 assists isnt too much to act considering he played below his talent the first half last season and got 30 assists......playing with prucha, callahan, dawes, sjostrom etc...
lets see who he plays w/ this year. sorta hope he gets shifted to wing on dubinsky's line. I think it would be an interesting combo.

Old
07-10-2008, 03:40 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
lets see who he plays w/ this year. sorta hope he gets shifted to wing on dubinsky's line. I think it would be an interesting combo.
as long as he plays in the top 6 i think he will do really well.....playing with any of dawes, naslund, gomez, zherdev would be great for him.......the one player i dont want on his line is prucha....as they dont compliment eachother AT ALL

Old
07-10-2008, 03:42 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
as long as he plays in the top 6 i think he will do really well.....playing with any of dawes, naslund, gomez, zherdev would be great for him.......the one player i dont want on his line is prucha....as they dont compliment eachother AT ALL
i feel the exact same way. i would really like a line of Dawes-Dubi-Drury although i don't think either Dawes or Drury have ever played RW. I feel they would all compliment each other really nicely.

Old
07-10-2008, 03:45 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
i feel the exact same way. i would really like a line of Dawes-Dubi-Drury although i don't think either Dawes or Drury have ever played RW. I feel they would all compliment each other really nicely.
i agree, although if drury was to move to wing, i would like to see him and gomez play together as that would solidify the first line for the enxt 4 years at least.....always nice to have a solid top-line and build from there year after year.....drury(goal scorer)-gomez(playmaker/puck carrier)-zherdev(speed/puck handling/goal scoring)......really think that line could work

Old
07-10-2008, 03:51 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
i agree, although if drury was to move to wing, i would like to see him and gomez play together as that would solidify the first line for the enxt 4 years at least.....always nice to have a solid top-line and build from there year after year.....drury(goal scorer)-gomez(playmaker/puck carrier)-zherdev(speed/puck handling/goal scoring)......really think that line could work
than Naslund-Dubi-Dawes... hmmm very intriguing. but notice that we need another RW. it seems like we have enough LW's but no true RW's.

Old
07-10-2008, 03:55 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
than Naslund-Dubi-Dawes... hmmm very intriguing. but notice that we need another RW. it seems like we have enough LW's but no true RW's.
agreed, although i think drury should play off-wing so he can get off one-timers....so he can play rw