HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What's the problem with Bouillon?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-09-2008, 11:50 PM
  #101
Lachenaie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
First, so good to see this video. Even better, when you see, on the bench, Bégin, Murray and Downey. Wow, and we wondered why we weren't good.

Ok! Bouillon. Like someone said, when use right, he's a reliable bottom 6 defenseman. Right now, the pairings are good with
Markov-Komi
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Bouillon - Gorges

At 1.8, it is sure that there is other defensemen who can deliver the same type of game at a lower cost. But a veteran presence, who gives really good body checks and doesn't give the blue line like he does, it's definitly not something you throw out that easily.

I analyze the work of the defensemen when Harmlik got hurt and we played NYR, PHI, TB and FLA (during the O'Byrne indicent) and Bouillon was there for the job. Played some 20 minutes game and he was reliable, playing a lots of minute on PK.

My concern on defense is more if O'Byrne can give me 50-60 games this year. Can he be Consistent? Is Brisebois good enough for another year? Do we need a more offensive or defensive 7th defenseman? Can Dandenault bounce back and play some game on defense? (I'm just raising some questions, don't be suprise if Carbonneau puts Dandy back on defense during training camp).

Lachenaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 01:37 AM
  #102
GoldGuardian
Registered User
 
GoldGuardian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobak View Post
You mean the talkbacks did not make you want to see more of that community?

I'm flabbergasted.
My brother used to come and tell me what stupid comments were given on the talkbacks. We had good laughs with these!

The difference here is that there is less room for narrow minded comments (especially about issues concerning French or French players), and some young posters who only talk French will most likely not post here.

About Bouillon, I'd say that he earned his salary with all the efforts he put to help the team these last years, but I sure would like a pairing that allows a decent offensive support, which would not happen with Gorges.

GoldGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 07:39 AM
  #103
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,648
vCash: 500
Bouillon has heart and is one of the few puck-moving defenseman we have. But like I with Gorges, one of these days we will have to upgrade our last pairing duo. Bouillon and Gorges had several troubles in their zone last year.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 07:46 AM
  #104
KirkMuller93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
To go back to the original post...

There is nothing wrong with Bouillon.
His is a very good bottom three defensemen, the best of the three.

He could be top-4 in most teams.
But are you going to pair him with Hamrlik and let two young dudes: Gorges and O'Byrne in third pair alone.
No: you want to spread your experience if you have this luxury.

Statistics:
Gorges did 9 assists this year.
Bouillon did 2G and 6A last year.
Bouillon had a 22 points in one season (not last year).
Gorges had 0+/-, Bouillon had 9+/-.

Valentenko may be 6'2" but last year, he had 1G and 15A in AHL.
In his first season in AHL, Bouillon got 19G and 36A. Almost 4 Valentenko seasons.
Yes Valentenko does spectacular hits (and gets in trouble because of that sometimes).
It is not like Bouillon is soft. He is smaller but clearly physical.
And with 61 minutes of penalties, he is very disciplined because he did get a few penalties for fighting.
He rarely does a bad penalty.

Actually with 22 points in 2005-6 in NHL, Bouillon did better than Valentenko, O'Byrne or Gorges did in AHL.
Let me reformulate: in his first season in AHL, Bouillon did more than Gorges + Valentenko + O'Byrne together did in AHL.

There goes the prospect hype down the drain.
I could not resists because some many posters want to send NHL players to garbage to bring in prospects...
And others (sometimes the same) wants to send them to other team when they don't perform in the next 10 games.

He his stable on defense or to paraphase another poster: he does not give the blue line.

We may see Gorges much higher because we did not expect anything from him.
Everything is a surprise coming from him...He can skate: wow!, He can pass: Oh!
BTW, he can not score...yet. Despite 41 shots.
At least Bouillon has 2 goals.

Up to now, Bouillon numbers clearly places him as our fourth defenseman.
And Gorges and O'Byrne have to get the place from him.

In the mean time, I am very happy to have Bouillon.
Also he is a true team player and an example for others.

At 33 year old, with his numbers and his experience, Bouillon diserve every penny of his salary.
Gorges is a good deal at 1.1M.
Bouillon is a better deal at 1.8M.

My goal is not to bash O'Byrne, Gorges or Valentenko.
I also love what I saw from Gorges in the last month and in the PO.

But clearly, Bouillon is still #4 in our team...
You are basing the majority of your argument based on stats from the AHL... If thats the case then Grabovski would still be on this team based on his AHL stats right??? Bouillon is on the decline and you are underestimating Valentenko this guy is ready to crack the line up. In fact Im even willing to bet that Valentenko takes O'byrne's spot before the season starts.... And Im sorry Bouillon is not worth 1.8M maybe a couple of years ago he was but not now.

KirkMuller93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 08:00 AM
  #105
Moester
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
I Like him, he hits very hard, punishes opposition forwards, also generally a smart hitter not taking himself out of play. Playing with a solid guy like Gorges helps cover up a lot of his weaknesses making for an overall good 3rd pairing.
Personally with Bouillon and Georges we have probably the best 3rd pairing in the east. I'm not saying that Bouillon and Georges are the best ever, they're definitely not 2nd pairing guys; but together they provide great D, some grit and sometimes chip in with offence. Bouillion is a pitbull who's built like a brick s**thouse and Georges is a speedy no-nonsense defender. I think that they're both money well spent. Who cares if Bouillon make 500k more than he "should" I'd rather overpay a heart and soul guy than an underachiever.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 09:45 AM
  #106
Habs _Fan
 
Habs _Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 379
vCash: 500
Bouillon played very well for a 5th defenceman except 1 year when he had an injury so he become the whipping-boy even if last year he was good.

If someone wrote about how Danny Kristo is good when he saw him play and wrote he was a future super star, bla bla bla, you will see him become our 3rd best prospect on this forum. People sometime just want to follow the wave...just like booooing Brisebois a couple of years ago. Now the fashion is to bash Bouillon...WHY? I don't know.

1.875$ for a 5th D-man of his quality is very respectable and Bouillon has one of the biggest heart in the NHL. He didn't deserve this treatment.

Fans in Montréal are the best. They are passionate. But sometimes they s*** when they decide to make a player (or the DG) the wipping-boy...We can't be perfect

Habs _Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 10:00 AM
  #107
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkMuller93 View Post
You are basing the majority of your argument based on stats from the AHL... If thats the case then Grabovski would still be on this team based on his AHL stats right??? Bouillon is on the decline and you are underestimating Valentenko this guy is ready to crack the line up. In fact Im even willing to bet that Valentenko takes O'byrne's spot before the season starts.... And Im sorry Bouillon is not worth 1.8M maybe a couple of years ago he was but not now.

Sorry, but I don't think Valentenko will be a regular until 09-10. He will probably have a couple of stints with the Habs in the upcmoing season. Even the orgnization have said that he's not entirely ready, so unless he really makes a very strong impression at training camp, he will be heading to his second season in the AHL. Remember, he only has one season of experience in the North-American style of hockey and was injured for a good part of the season. I think that Carle is also a bit ahead of him and might have longer stints this year with the big club as they will need an offensive minded dman, especially since he's right-handed and our two most offensice dmen are left handed.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 10:39 AM
  #108
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Sorry to burst some bubbles, but Bouillon is our 4th defenseman, and isn't easily replaceable. Gorges and O'Byrne bring up the rear as 5 and 6, and frankly if one of them replaces Bouillon as #4 we become significantly worse as a defense corps. Valentenko could probably step in next season, but none of him, Gorges or O'Byrne are ready to take Francis' icetime on the PK and down the stretch late in close games.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 11:11 AM
  #109
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Sorry to burst some bubbles, but Bouillon is our 4th defenseman, and isn't easily replaceable. Gorges and O'Byrne bring up the rear as 5 and 6, and frankly if one of them replaces Bouillon as #4 we become significantly worse as a defense corps. Valentenko could probably step in next season, but none of him, Gorges or O'Byrne are ready to take Francis' icetime on the PK and down the stretch late in close games.
First, if Bouillon is our 4th, we are in big trouble and yes he is easily replaceable. When he got injured at the end of the season, we didnt miss him at all, in fact, the team didnt miss a beat. I remember the year we lost to carolina in the first round (Koivu's eye injury), the team went on a big winning streak without him in the line-up to make the playoffs.

I cant believe how some people overates Bouillon's value to this team. Gorges is already miles ahead of him. Hes the worst guy to have on the PK because he cannot move big players in front of the net, since he has no reach he cannot delfect or poke check effectively which is essential to be a good defensive dman.

I like bouillon for his heart, hes a hard worker and a great example of tenacity but the guy is a 6th-7th D in any team in this league.


Last edited by jcpenny: 07-10-2008 at 11:24 AM.
jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 11:27 AM
  #110
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
First, if Bouillon is our 4th, we are in big trouble and yes he is easily replaceable. When he got injured at the end of the season, we didnt miss him at all, in fact, the team didnt miss a beat. I remember the year we lost to carolina in the first round (Koivu's eye injury), the team went on a big winning streak without him in the line-up to make the playoffs.

I cant believe how some people overates Bouillon's value to this team. Gorges is already miles ahead of him. Hes the worse guy to have on the PK because he cannot move big players in front of the net, since he has no reach he cannot delfect or poke check effectively which is essential to be a good defensive dman.
And neither Gorges nor O'Byrne is a better body to have on the PK. Gorges can't move anybody, anytime, and O'Byrne isn't efficient or reliable enough yet to have serious PK minutes.

And as for the team "missing him" the same can be said for Komisarek, too. Team didn't miss a beat. I guess he's easily replaceable as well. How a team plays without a depth defenseman in the lineup isn't really important. What I would be interested to see though, is how the PK efficiency changed without Bouillon. His penalty killing is underrated about as much as Souray's. Francis just makes it work, despite not having the traditional intangibles.

I've never said that Bouillon was a huge part of the Habs' success. Quite the opposite, he only plays a small part. He is, however, very reliable and a necessary player for us at this point, because we have noone to replace him. He is not, like most posters here seem to believe, a cast-off at this point.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 11:30 AM
  #111
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,136
vCash: 500
What's the problem with Bouillon? He doesn't have any.....yet. But the time will come real soon where he'll have some, not because he won't be any good, but because there will be better guys than him on the chart....

You cannot draft that many d-men and not have somebody better than Bouillon in the process.....if so, it doesn't tell a whole lot about the quality of those picks...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 11:53 AM
  #112
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
And neither Gorges nor O'Byrne is a better body to have on the PK. Gorges can't move anybody, anytime, and O'Byrne isn't efficient or reliable enough yet to have serious PK minutes.

And as for the team "missing him" the same can be said for Komisarek, too. Team didn't miss a beat. I guess he's easily replaceable as well. How a team plays without a depth defenseman in the lineup isn't really important. What I would be interested to see though, is how the PK efficiency changed without Bouillon. His penalty killing is underrated about as much as Souray's. Francis just makes it work, despite not having the traditional intangibles.

I've never said that Bouillon was a huge part of the Habs' success. Quite the opposite, he only plays a small part. He is, however, very reliable and a necessary player for us at this point, because we have noone to replace him. He is not, like most posters here seem to believe, a cast-off at this point.
Bouillon is certainly not a cast-off, hes a player in this league no doubt but hes not as good as you make him seem to be. Gorges smarts and poise make him more effective than him and thats why he was paired with Markov at the end of the year and playoffs and did so well.

Bouillon is just too damn small to be effective as a Dman, add to the fact that he makes too many unforced turnovers, brings no offense and hes not a great passer. Like ive said many times, he will fight, hit, grind and do whatever it takes to get the job done which is the main reason why he's able to play in this league. His description fits perctly for the a 6th or 7th defenseman.

It would be interesting to make a poll and see how many teams would take Bouillon in their top 6 D corp right now and where would he fit...

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 12:03 PM
  #113
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Bouillon is certainly not a cast-off, hes a player in this league no doubt but hes not as good as you make him seem to be. Gorges smarts and poise make him more effective than him and thats why he was paired with Markov at the end of the year and playoffs and did so well.

Bouillon is just too damn small to be effective as a Dman, add to the fact that he makes too many unforced turnovers, brings no offense and hes not a great passer. Like ive said many times, he will fight, hit, grind and do whatever it takes to get the job done which is the main reason why he's able to play in this league. His description fits perctly for the a 6th or 7th defenseman.

It would be interesting to make a poll and see how many teams would take Bouillon in their top 6 D corp right now and where would he fit...
Again, I don't deny that Bouillon is better suited as a 5th (or 6th on a really deep team) defenseman. And I think we agree on most of the points above, we're just wording them differently. The only thing I don't really agree with is the term "easily replaceable", because IMO the only defensemen in our system who can bring the stuff that Bouillon has are Valentenko, Subban and Emelin. None of which are nearly ready.

And outside our system you're going to pay as much for it, if not more. Lilja (someone brought him up), as much as I like him, isn't as good as Bouillon and can't step into a 2nd pairing role if needed. I value versatility more than $500k of capspace.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 12:13 PM
  #114
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Again, I don't deny that Bouillon is better suited as a 5th (or 6th on a really deep team) defenseman. And I think we agree on most of the points above, we're just wording them differently. The only thing I don't really agree with is the term "easily replaceable", because IMO the only defensemen in our system who can bring the stuff that Bouillon has are Valentenko, Subban and Emelin. None of which are nearly ready.

And outside our system you're going to pay as much for it, if not more. Lilja (someone brought him up), as much as I like him, isn't as good as Bouillon and can't step into a 2nd pairing role if needed. I value versatility more than $500k of capspace.
Valentenko will quite probably be ready for 09-10...

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 01:03 PM
  #115
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Again, I don't deny that Bouillon is better suited as a 5th (or 6th on a really deep team) defenseman. And I think we agree on most of the points above, we're just wording them differently. The only thing I don't really agree with is the term "easily replaceable", because IMO the only defensemen in our system who can bring the stuff that Bouillon has are Valentenko, Subban and Emelin. None of which are nearly ready.

And outside our system you're going to pay as much for it, if not more. Lilja (someone brought him up), as much as I like him, isn't as good as Bouillon and can't step into a 2nd pairing role if needed. I value versatility more than $500k of capspace.
Again, in a really deep team, he wouldnt be in the top 6. I guess we'll just agree to disagree on Bouillon. I like his passion and heart but he doesnt have the talent or the size to be an effective defensman.

Hes a bottom pairing guy who should only play 15 mins a game max IMO.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 06:52 PM
  #116
Lachenaie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Bouillon is just too damn small to be effective as a Dman, add to the fact that he makes too many unforced turnovers, brings no offense and hes not a great passer.
I disagree with all of the above. Unforced turnovers? Where, defensive zone, neutral zone, offensive?

Brings no offense, does he have to? Is it his role?

Not a great passer? I see Bouillon as a really good puck moving defenseman and it's in the game plan to bring the puck to the red line and dump it. He does exactly what he is suppose to do, nothing more, nothing less, day after day.

Gorges is not above him, he is progressing, showing some really good things that are making him a better dman day after day.

Lachenaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 09:07 PM
  #117
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachenaie View Post
I disagree with all of the above. Unforced turnovers? Where, defensive zone, neutral zone, offensive?

Brings no offense, does he have to? Is it his role?

Not a great passer? I see Bouillon as a really good puck moving defenseman and it's in the game plan to bring the puck to the red line and dump it. He does exactly what he is suppose to do, nothing more, nothing less, day after day.

Gorges is not above him, he is progressing, showing some really good things that are making him a better dman day after day.
Just watch the last game against Philly and look who creates the unforced turnover that will lead to the clinching series goal. Its Bouillon and he does it often. You can choose to overlook it because you love him but thats your choice. You can also put that phil kessel embarassment against Boston in the bank.

Bouillon is not that good, im sorry but im not buying it when people tell me that hes a top 4 guy. We let Robidas and Beauchemin go because people keep overrating his value to the team. Hes a number 6-7th defensman and if hes in your top 4 then you have problems.

Bouillon brings experience, heart, hustle guts, courage and passion to this team and i love him for that but he lacks in size and talent and he should be, like ive said, a 6th-7th guy.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 09:26 PM
  #118
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Just watch the last game against Philly and look who creates the unforced turnover that will lead to the clinching series goal. Its Bouillon and he does it often. You can choose to overlook it because you love him but thats your choice. You can also put that phil kessel embarassment against Boston in the bank.

Bouillon is not that good, im sorry but im not buying it when people tell me that hes a top 4 guy. We let Robidas and Beauchemin go because people keep overrating his value to the team. Hes a number 6-7th defensman and if hes in your top 4 then you have problems.

Bouillon brings experience, heart, hustle guts, courage and passion to this team and i love him for that but he lacks in size and talent and he should be, like ive said, a 6th-7th guy.
I've been following this conversation, and I have to agree with you. I like Bouillon for all the things he does bring. But to consider him a top 4 d-man is ridiculous. People have brought up that he doesn't give up the blueline easily. That's important, and that's fine. Bouillon is good at the parts of the game requiring skating.

But when it comes to the defensive zone, I don't have much confidence in him. Statistically he looks solid, but he was sheltered on the 3 pairing all year. He's a strong bugger, but lacks the leverage to really handle the front of the net. And I have seen some lackluster breakout passes, turnovers, and ill-advised dump out attempts at times as well.

Couple that with that fact that he's expensive and on the decline (many would probably argue this point, but to me he isn't as fast, nor physical, as a couple of seasons ago), and well, I see a much brighter future approaching him in the rearview mirror.

Experienced vets who are hard workers are valuable on any team. But it is time to realize that his role is a 6th/7th defenseman, and if we're looking at keeping Brisebois for that same position, well, the writing may be on the wall for Cube.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 10:21 PM
  #119
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Bouillon has played with O'Byrne/Gorges.

If you are Carbo would you leave Gorges and O'Byrne play the thid line while Bouillon is with Hamrlik.

I am not saying that Bouillon is top-4. Korneev is.
McDo will be. Oby may be.
Georges is 5 or 6 for now.
Others are only projects including Tank and Carle.

For now Bouillon gets 4th D minutes in the team.
So he is our 4th best defense
.

Someone still has to take his place.
Hopefully it will happen in 2008-9 because if he goes to UFA, he will get a significant raise: at least 3M.
First of all, TOI is not directly related to skill or who is "best." There are too many game situations to keep in mind. Second of all, Bouillon was 5th on defense in terms of TOI. Now we can call Streit a forward to help your argument, but Streit played a lot of mins on defense.

And anyone willing to give Bouillon 3 mil per year can have him.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 12:21 AM
  #120
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
First of all, TOI is not directly related to skill or who is "best." There are too many game situations to keep in mind. Second of all, Bouillon was 5th on defense in terms of TOI. Now we can call Streit a forward to help your argument, but Streit played a lot of mins on defense.

And anyone willing to give Bouillon 3 mil per year can have him.
TOI is directly related to who the coaches feel comfortable with the most on the ice. Bouillon plays the PK and ES, with next to zero PP time. Obviously TOI varies from game-to-game, but over the course of a season icetime is directly related to who is "best", because the good players get more icetime because the coaches are more comfortable with them in a larger proportion of game situations.

I'm not even advocating that we keep Bouillon after next season. I don't think we do, or should. There are cheaper options within our own system who deserve consideration. He's just not going anywhere this season, because we need him.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 12:25 AM
  #121
Istvan
Registered User
 
Istvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,292
vCash: 500
Solid, gutsy player. He earns every $ he's paid. I like him.

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 01:25 AM
  #122
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
TOI is directly related to who the coaches feel comfortable with the most on the ice. Bouillon plays the PK and ES, with next to zero PP time. Obviously TOI varies from game-to-game, but over the course of a season icetime is directly related to who is "best", because the good players get more icetime because the coaches are more comfortable with them in a larger proportion of game situations.

I'm not even advocating that we keep Bouillon after next season. I don't think we do, or should. There are cheaper options within our own system who deserve consideration. He's just not going anywhere this season, because we need him.
Then he was our 5th best defenseman and made 1.8 million or whatever the heck. Always been a fan of the person, never been a fan of the player.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 08:05 AM
  #123
Moester
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Again, in a really deep team, he wouldnt be in the top 6. I guess we'll just agree to disagree on Bouillon. I like his passion and heart but he doesnt have the talent or the size to be an effective defensman.

Hes a bottom pairing guy who should only play 15 mins a game max IMO.

Name me more than ten heck five really deep (defensively) teams in the NHL and I'll agree that Bouillion isn't NHL calibre.

The fact is that NHL teams are signing players from europe who were previously undrafted and signing average players to huge contracts because teams aren't deep in defense right now. You have Detroit, San Jose, Anaheim who are really deep and couldn't use Bouillon...other than that I can't think of any other team.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 08:07 AM
  #124
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,312
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
Name me more than ten heck five really deep (defensively) teams in the NHL and I'll agree that Bouillion isn't NHL calibre.

The fact is that NHL teams are signing players from europe who were previously undrafted and signing average players to huge contracts because teams aren't deep in defense right now. You have Detroit, San Jose, Anaheim who are really deep and couldn't use Bouillon...other than that I can't think of any other team.
Nashville is one that easily comes to mind.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 10:48 AM
  #125
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
Name me more than ten heck five really deep (defensively) teams in the NHL and I'll agree that Bouillion isn't NHL calibre.

The fact is that NHL teams are signing players from europe who were previously undrafted and signing average players to huge contracts because teams aren't deep in defense right now. You have Detroit, San Jose, Anaheim who are really deep and couldn't use Bouillon...other than that I can't think of any other team.
Where did i say that he wasnt NHL Caliber? All im saying is that hes not as good as people think he is. Read the posts please...

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.