HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Prospect Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
All we need is Moyzakin now.

Old
07-10-2008, 10:26 AM
RDriesenUD

Hey, mac, any reason why you think there has never been any talk of making Jakub a center? It would seem to me his skills would lead him to be a good center.

Old
07-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Macster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesen16 View Post
Hey, mac, any reason why you think there has never been any talk of making Jakub a center? It would seem to me his skills would lead him to be a good center.
I've thought about that before myself, clearly everybody in the Columbus organization (and in the Halifax organization) believe that he is better off as a winger. His playmaking skills and size would work out great as a pivot. That's a really good question and I would like for Hitch to field that question sometime.

Old
07-10-2008, 06:18 PM
BZArcher

FWIW - there were a few drills during prospect camp where Voracek did line up as a center, but I don't know if it was deliberate or just how they happened to line up for that particular drill.

Old
07-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Macster

Quote:
thanks guys. here is a list that could be Syracuse bound.

a Mayorov - Filatov - Legein line would be exciting to me.

Mason
Legein
Mayorov (Brandon)
Filatov (Sudbury, Columbus)
Sestito
Methot (Columbus)
Picard
Pineault
Dorsett
Plekhanov
Sigalet
Russell (Columbus)
Holden
Starkov
Vigilante
Clitsome
Wilson
Smith
Motherwell
DiCasmirro
MacKenzie
Fornataro
McGuirk
Firschmon
Jarman
Mirasty
LaCosta
Here's how I see the Crunch lineup as of today:

Mayorov - Filatov - Pineault
Picard - MacKenzie - Legein
Sestito - Frischmon - Dorsett
Vigilante - Mirasty

Mayorov and Filatov could also head to the CHL, but personally I think Syracuse is the best place for them at this point. Picard is still awaiting a new contract, he's been tendered a qualifying offer but nothing signed yet. MacKenzie is a UFA, but Columbus apparently sent him a generous off and are waiting to hear back from him. Frischmon was recently signed to an AHL deal by the Crunch, and will likely continue playing as their checking centre with Sestito and Dorsett. Vigilante will move throughout the lineup. There will be other forwards added before camp starts, both guys on AHL deals, and maybe if Columbus signs one more.

Methot - Sigalet
Wilson - Smith
Clitsome - Plekhanov
Holden - Kosmachev

I have Methot here for now, but conceivably this spot could belong to Russell or Rome, depending on who gets the 6-7 spots in Columbus. Wilson and Smith were paired together at times last year and played well. The CBJ brass love Clitsome, and he will be a great D partner for Plekhanov. Holden and Kosmachev will be in and out of the lineup IMO, when injuries, callups or poor play happen to the top 6.

Mason
Lacosta

Best goaltending tandem in Syracuse in a LONG time. Nuff said.

Old
07-10-2008, 06:41 PM
CapnCornelius

Has Mayorov signed yet? I really want to see him and Filatov on the same line in the 'Cuse.

Old
07-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Macster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Has Mayorov signed yet? I really want to see him and Filatov on the same line in the 'Cuse.
Not yet, I'm guessing they wanted to get Filatov locked up first, Mayorov is probably right up there in terms of guys they want to get inked.

Old
07-10-2008, 07:11 PM
cbjpointman
It begins here

Mac, FWIW.

On Tues night at the Q&A, Hitch mentioned wanting to try Wilson on the wing in camp this fall. Doesn't have size for NHL Dman (comparable- Streit).

And Kosmachev looked really solid at prospect camp on the day I went (Monday), ready for top 6 AHL duty, I would say.

Just food for thought

Old
07-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macster View Post
Not yet, I'm guessing they wanted to get Filatov locked up first, Mayorov is probably right up there in terms of guys they want to get inked.
On July 1, Mayorov issued the required 30-day notice, per Russian law, to break his obligation with his Russian club, Kazan Ak-Bars. He'll be free to negotiate a contract with the Blue Jackets as of Aug. 1, agent Sasha Tychny said, and all signs point to him spending the 2008-09 season playing in North America.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live...3.html?sid=101

Old
07-10-2008, 07:38 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
So a friend and I took our boys down to Nationwide for a tour today. OUTSTANDING!!! It was just us and one of the CBJ sales/promotion guys. He was great! Took us everywhere. Even got to meet Hitch after the scrimmage.

I told him good job on the offseason so far. He said we are not done yet. Still need a few pieces to fit. But those pieces may be coming via Brassard and Voracek. He was VERY happy with those two.

He was super nice and talked to us for what seemed like as long as we wanted. It was short, I didnt want to hold him up from going in and barking at some of the rookies.

What a great day. Ill try to post some pictures I took later.

EDIT. Add....
Almost forgot. Got to talk for a long time to Adam Pineault as well. He was actually at our firehouse the other day. Seems he is looking into his future after hockey. He is from Boston and wants to possibly peruse firefighting after his hockey time is up. Real nice guy. Said that scrimmage was great...but whipped his but. Run on that treadmill all you want...but its nothing the same as the ice.

Old
07-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Macster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjpointman View Post
Mac, FWIW.

On Tues night at the Q&A, Hitch mentioned wanting to try Wilson on the wing in camp this fall. Doesn't have size for NHL Dman (comparable- Streit).

And Kosmachev looked really solid at prospect camp on the day I went (Monday), ready for top 6 AHL duty, I would say.

Just food for thought
Yeah I remember reading that about Wilson in one of the recaps. I understand the reasoning because of his size and playing style, but I think if he goes that route his path to the big club will be tougher. We have more depth on the wing than on D. However, i think he is the perfect candidate for a rover.

I'm thinking Kosmachev will see a ton of ice time if he stays over here, mainly because of inevitable injuries.

Old
07-10-2008, 08:19 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macster View Post
I've thought about that before myself, clearly everybody in the Columbus organization (and in the Halifax organization) believe that he is better off as a winger. His playmaking skills and size would work out great as a pivot. That's a really good question and I would like for Hitch to field that question sometime.
agreed.

Old
07-10-2008, 08:56 PM
OldGoaltender

Quote:
Originally Posted by PubOFH View Post
So a friend and I took our boys down to Nationwide for a tour today. OUTSTANDING!!! It was just us and one of the CBJ sales/promotion guys. He was great! Took us everywhere. Even got to meet Hitch after the scrimmage.

I told him good job on the offseason so far. He said we are not done yet. Still need a few pieces to fit. But those pieces may be coming via Brassard and Voracek. He was VERY happy with those two.

He was super nice and talked to us for what seemed like as long as we wanted. It was short, I didnt want to hold him up from going in and barking at some of the rookies.

What a great day. Ill try to post some pictures I took later.

EDIT. Add....
Almost forgot. Got to talk for a long time to Adam Pineault as well. He was actually at our firehouse the other day. Seems he is looking into his future after hockey. He is from Boston and wants to possibly peruse firefighting after his hockey time is up. Real nice guy. Said that scrimmage was great...but whipped his but. Run on that treadmill all you want...but its nothing the same as the ice.
Wow pub I'm envious. How long you been in the department? My brother just retired from the force up in Columbus.

Old
07-10-2008, 08:59 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGoaltender View Post
Wow pub I'm envious. How long you been in the department? My brother just retired from the force up in Columbus.
Almost 9 years now.

Old
07-10-2008, 10:03 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Looks like DiCasmirro's going to play in Italy

Old
07-11-2008, 12:33 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjpointman View Post
Mac, FWIW.

Just food for thought

If Wilson is too small to be an NHL Dman, then Russell's days are numbered.
I've mentioned it before... wouldn't surprise me to see Kris sent off in a trade.
Howson and Hitch didn't develop him, and even as skilled as he is, he's small, and this is a team that has a new BIGGER & HARDER HITTING identity.

Old
07-11-2008, 09:29 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PubOFH View Post
Almost 9 years now.
What a noob!!

Going on 29 years for me in the Fire Service!

Old
07-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
I've mentioned it before... wouldn't surprise me to see Kris sent off in a trade.
Howson and Hitch didn't develop him, and even as skilled as he is, he's small, and this is a team that has a new BIGGER & HARDER HITTING identity.
Don't know if in fact K-Russ is on his way out as you suggest, but you have to wonder what he's thinking when he hears this (the bit about Wilson) - if he hears it. Of course, it might not be about size at all, but about style of play. Personally, I liked what I saw from Clay last season - not enough to fully endorse his inclusion on the big club, but liked it nonetheless.

Old
07-11-2008, 09:47 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
so i guess Brassard, Voracek, and Filatov will be traded soon to then, right?

Old
07-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGoaltender View Post
Who is your brother?

Old
07-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Don't know if in fact K-Russ is on his way out as you suggest, but you have to wonder what he's thinking when he hears this (the bit about Wilson) - if he hears it. Of course, it might not be about size at all, but about style of play. Personally, I liked what I saw from Clay last season - not enough to fully endorse his inclusion on the big club, but liked it nonetheless.
Yes, play style, not size. They feel Wilson is stronger offensively.

Old
07-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Yes, play style, not size. They feel Wilson is stronger offensively.
Then why attribute the experiment to "we feel he lacks size for an NHL d-man"? What happened to this new honest regime? And nothing wrong with being a d-man who's strong offensively.

Old
07-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Shelley#45

Quote:
What ? havent you heard "little" shake is the greatest thing since sliced bread and showed people enough last year on this board that some have him penciled in on the top pairing

Old
07-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Shelley#45

Quote:
so i guess Brassard, Voracek, and Filatov will be traded soon to then, right?
because they all play defense right sport ?

Old
07-11-2008, 02:40 PM
OldGoaltender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Who is your brother?
Keith Lohr

Closed Thread