HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holding Out Hope for a Return

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-11-2008, 07:39 AM
  #1
predhead1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Holding Out Hope for a Return

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....807110382/1028

This would be a welcome shot in the arm, especially if the Rads rumors are true

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 08:16 AM
  #2
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead1 View Post
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....807110382/1028

This would be a welcome shot in the arm, especially if the Rads rumors are true
I would say he is not coming back this year. Maybe a year from now, but not right now...

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 08:17 AM
  #3
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
You guys think this will be the year that we have the Steve Sullivan show on the radio?

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 08:51 AM
  #4
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,660
vCash: 50
The team performed better when it was known that Sully was not coming back and the group could move forward as a unit.

he needs to hang it up already

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 05:58 PM
  #5
DManPreds11
Registered User
 
DManPreds11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
The team performed better when it was known that Sully was not coming back and the group could move forward as a unit.

he needs to hang it up already
Na, that's when Ellis took over in net, Sully's point per game production on our team has been greatly missed. His value on the PP is missed as well. I hope and pray he'll be back with us this season. I really doubt he will though.

DManPreds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 10:23 PM
  #6
PeterAngelo
Beeeee Gooooood
 
PeterAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,938
vCash: 500
Oh to see the number 26 on the ice again. That would be a great surprise if he could fight his way back.

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 09:38 AM
  #7
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
Sullivan was on the radio the other day. He stated that he had just got off the ice after some skating exercises. He was going 80%, however, it was just a drill that had him skating straight. Nothing with turns or anything with a puck.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 10:32 AM
  #8
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Sullivan was on the radio the other day. He stated that he had just got off the ice after some skating exercises. He was going 80%, however, it was just a drill that had him skating straight. Nothing with turns or anything with a puck.
I know it's not what he would experience in a game but you guys do realize that even what he is doing is taxing on the lower back. If he's going at 80% and using proper form the bending and twisting is a good test.

If he's not feeling pain and is only experiencing fatigue then that is actually a good sign.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 11:26 AM
  #9
predhead1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
I know it's not what he would experience in a game but you guys do realize that even what he is doing is taxing on the lower back. If he's going at 80% and using proper form the bending and twisting is a good test.

If he's not feeling pain and is only experiencing fatigue then that is actually a good sign.
True, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him. However, the pessimist in me thinks it's still a remote possibility that he can stay healthy over the course of a full season, especially when you start adding contact to the equation. You'd think this franchise could catch a break after all the crap we've endured for the past year and a half, but I doubt this is the one.

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.