HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov to Russia

Old
07-11-2008, 07:56 AM
NSi

vCash: 500
Sorry for you guys

NSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 07:58 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusPredsfan View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080711...v_080711092040

don't know if this confirms it, but either way seeing his comments on an English news release about Nashville not being able to force him back to North America just makes me sick to the stomach, I am so peeved right now.
Yahoo is just picking up the AFP article that was referenced earlier in the thread. You should see several other places pick up the same story now. Though we still don't know what it means.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

This is typical Russian Bull S***!!

It seems that contracts only matter when they are with a Rusky team!

We had Svitov bolt last year a mere weeks after he re-upped with the Jackets, and now the Russians are saying we need to pay compensation to Filatov's team even though they acknowledge hi is NOT UNDER CONTRACT with them.

They are a bunch of one way *******'s!!

Sorry to hear this my Nashville brothers.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieFire View Post
Yeah...the face of the franchise...nothing but a memory...Nashville is DONE!
What are you blabbing on about?

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 09:00 AM
lugnut76

Note to GMs. . .Don't draft Russians.

lugnut76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Jarnberg

So is Poile still going to spew us more crap about not needing a top 6 forward?

Old
07-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Pringles

so hypothetically, if the contract is rejected by the elague over there, and Radulov is to come back to the NHL....do you want him back or would you rather trade him?

I would love to see the look on Arnott's face if radulov came into the dressing room for training camp!

Pringles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens fan in Toronto View Post
so hypothetically, if the contract is rejected by the elague over there, and Radulov is to come back to the NHL....do you want him back or would you rather trade him?

I would love to see the look on Arnott's face if radulov came into the dressing room for training camp!
Who would take him?

Old
07-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Gozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Who would take him?
Just what I was about to post. You probably wouldn't get much in return now. Would probably be best to keep him if he returns.

Gozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens fan in Toronto View Post

One could also say, hypothetically, that the Predators should still be able to sign him to an extension....similar to the Datsyuk situation a few years ago.

07-11-2008, 09:34 AM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut76 View Post
Note to GMs. . .Don't draft Russians.
Seriously.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 09:39 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I could not believe it when I read the article. This is a guy who came over for junior and now he is going back to Russia and breaking his contract?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
I could not believe it when I read the article. This is a guy who came over for junior and now he is going back to Russia and breaking his contract?
I don't understand it either, from what we've seen from Radulov, its completely against his character.

Old
07-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I don't understand it either, from what we've seen from Radulov, its completely against his character.
Yeah when he played in the Q he always seemed loyal and he loved the city he came back a couple of times, people liked him and he was realy friendly with fans.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 09:49 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 7932
we definetly need another top 6 forward whether he stays or not, this is proof that we are one injury or freak occurance away from disaster.

[maybe that is extreme, but you get what Im saying]

I feel betrayed and sick, but really you cant blame the guy, what would you do if you were offered insane money to go home?

If this is true, it is bad for both sides. It's hard to be happy and cheer for a guy when you know he is being forced to play on a contract against his will.

Then again, contracts and your word have to be honored. I dont know, this is making me crazy.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Pringles

I just hope that this doesn't pave the way for more players to leave. If I was a GM i would wait till the 6th or 7th round to draft russians...at least until there is a transfer agreement in place.

Pringles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 09:50 AM
lugnut76

I don't see how the organization could just welcome him back with open arms, if he is blocked from going to Russia. I don't know if it is an appropriate comparison, but look at havoc the Ricky Williams situation created long term with the Miami Dolphins. I think there would always be the question about whether he is leaving or staying, and one would be able to confidently assume that once his contract has expired he will be jetting to play in Russia. I would look for a team that is stocking up to make a short term Stanley Cup run either this year or next, and unload him for whatever I can get in return. I would love to be proven wrong, but I don't think Nashville is positioned, as is, to make a cup run by the time his contract is up. There is way too much potential for long term damage to the organization by accepting him back and acting like nothing happened. Radulov cannot be allowed to be bigger than the team/organization.

lugnut76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Sweden

lol

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 09:57 AM
ARS

After that agreement signed yesterday, I expect Radulov's new contract to be annulled. I would be surprised if he's not a Pred next season. Although I think there's probably some bad blood now between him and the management.

Last edited by SmokeyClause: 07-11-2008 at 10:03 AM.
ARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 10:05 AM
RabbinsDuck

Wow... I am suprised at how upset I am.
I love russian hockey players and the way they play the game (most).

This is ridiculous. These russian billionaires throw money at these teams, players and arenas -- and don't care how much money they lose. Reminds me of the dot-coms in the late 90s blowing ten times their earnings on advertisements. Hopefully the KHL goes the same way.... simply because I am greedy, and want to see the best players in the world playing in the NHL -- Radulov is one of them.

RabbinsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 10:14 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbinsDuck View Post
This is ridiculous. These russian billionaires throw money at these teams, players and arenas -- and don't care how much money they lose. Reminds me of the dot-coms in the late 90s blowing ten times their earnings on advertisements. Hopefully the KHL goes the same way.... simply because I am greedy, and want to see the best players in the world playing in the NHL -- Radulov is one of them.
Its not that outrageous for them to make a bid for these guys. I mean, NHL fans would love for its billionaire owners to spend frivolously. And ignoring a previously signed contract is something that North American owners have done on many occasions. And many Russian billionaires make Ken Lay look like an angel with their business behavior, so it wouldn't be a surprise to see them match or exceed the behavior of North American owners.

And it's hardly an epedimic yet. They've only landed one player that the NHL really didn't want to lose and that's Radulov, and that is not official as yet. A player like Jagr would have found a home on a lot of teams. But he's so passed his prime and has such a poor reputation as a team player that you didn't have 30 teams knocking down the door trying to sign him to a very lucrative deal. Radulov is the first. It'll be curious to see if more of this poaching happens despite the deal struck yesterday or if the Russian owners just wait until the UFA period to sign players. That would definitely make July 1st more exciting knowing that your eastern European stars weren't just going to be courted by the other 29 teams in the NHL.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 10:17 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Oh and look at the bright side Preds fans. I would imagine that Nashville retains his rights. So let him go to the KHL for a few years and actually work under a coach that develops him offensively and then he can return to the best league in the world a fully developed player as opposed to a kid hoping Trotz can squeeze out the best in him.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16190

Everyone should read the above article. I think Paul has the perfect perspective on Radulov and his agent. More than anything, I want to see the contract terms. If it is less than 4 million a year, you have to think he probably could have received that in his next contract (read after this season....)

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 10:21 AM
predhead1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Oh and look at the bright side Preds fans. I would imagine that Nashville retains his rights. So let him go to the KHL for a few years and actually work under a coach that develops him offensively and then he can return to the best league in the world a fully developed player as opposed to a kid hoping Trotz can squeeze out the best in him.
I think the bridge back to Nashville is smoldering, if not completely burned, if he follows through with a move to the KHL. If he does return, we'll find out what the level below Trotz's doghouse is.

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSens View Post
After that agreement signed yesterday, I expect Radulov's new contract to be annulled. I would be surprised if he's not a Pred next season. Although I think there's probably some bad blood now between him and the management.
Nothing was signed yesterday. The two leagues verbally agreed that they would not poach players that were under contract. Who knows what that means with Radulov. I suppose the Russians might say his signing happened before that agreement was reached.

What about Svitov? Probably the same. Signed away before any agreement was reached.

Also makes our trading Zherdev to the Rangers look better. Z would be the one other Russian that I see bolting after the upcoming season.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote