HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sundin

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Lone Rogue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
He's a sad remnant of the late 90's canadian music scene. Along with Econoline Crush, I Mother Earth, The Odds and Moist, Matt Good should've just hung it up. Long ago.
In my mind, he hung up it up after Avalanche, and even then, I only listen to Avalanche in MP3 form so I can skip Pledge, Lullaby and Catastrophe. The rest of it is incredible.

He is also getting fat these days. Pretty bad.

Old
07-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Bunka Gurndeep

Yeah he's getting HUGE!

But I Mother Earth is AWESOME

Old
07-11-2008, 11:24 AM
lmwshr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcooke View Post
But I Mother Earth is AWESOME
Up until Edwin left. Then both the band and his solo project sucked.

Old
07-11-2008, 11:28 AM
PTmbp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
The Kings can offer him $20M....

If the CBA allowed for it
Who in his right mind wants to stay in LA?

I think he´ll go back to North Stockholm, or whereever Väsby is. Or he will stay inTor. Retire would sickens me. He is one of the best.... still

Old
07-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Schroeder19

woops

Old
07-11-2008, 02:04 PM
AH

Looks like this "Sundin signing in Vancouver 100% done and delivered withing 7-10 days" is nothing more than a publicity stunt for season ticket renewals.

All this coming from the same posters who have "sources"....

Old
07-11-2008, 02:06 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Looks like this "Sundin signing in Vancouver 100% done and delivered withing 7-10 days" is nothing more than a publicity stunt for season ticket renewals.

I never heard that nor do I believe it. Sundin and the Canucks are both very patient with this, and people who are impatient in the media tend to spin things or make assumptions when things are not announced right away.

Old
07-11-2008, 02:08 PM
fogducker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post

it was from a talkshow host..

Old
07-11-2008, 02:09 PM
DreamCatcher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyFourFingers View Post
I never heard that nor do I believe it. Sundin and the Canucks are both very patient with this, and people who are impatient in the media tend to spin things or make assumptions when things are not announced right away.
You definitely calm my nerves every time you post information about Sundin.

Old
07-11-2008, 02:11 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
This is what I read:

"Oh my God I hope Sundin doesn't sign in Vancouver or we're screwed".
What? No. Sundin signing in Vancouver doesn't make Vancouver magically better. You forget to realize that he couldn't even take the Leafs into the playoffs most years.

Sundin in Vancouver doesn't scare anybody for one second. Except perhaps whoever is paying his ridiculous contract

Old
07-11-2008, 02:15 PM
canuckfromtoronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
What? No. Sundin signing in Vancouver doesn't make Vancouver magically better. You forget to realize that he couldn't even take the Leafs into the playoffs most years.

Sundin in Vancouver doesn't scare anybody for one second. Except perhaps whoever is paying his ridiculous contract

Thats because they never had a goalie, or defense.

Old
07-11-2008, 02:23 PM
LeafsAlive*

Quote:

Yes, Sundin signing in Vancouver DOES make Vancouver magically better.

Have you even watched him in the past years? He was basically the main reason the Leafs didn't finish last place in the East. Mats was the only one coming up with offense consistently and carrying the team on most nights.

And what do you mean he couldn't even take the Leafs to the playoffs in ''most years''? Sundin arrived in Toronto in 1994 and has made the playoffs in eight of his thirteen seasons with the Leafs.

Old
07-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:

See I can't stand how horrible the posters on this board have become. lest we forget the back to back Confrence finals for the Leafs in which Cujo, and Sundin were the catalysts.

So many wannabe kids on these boards. Makes it so easy to not want to post anymore with Drivel like the above quoted. The Leafs were one of the better teams in the late 90's and early 2000's. Pat Quinn built a very decent team. He just stayed with some players too long... couldn't take the leafs into the playoffs most years... just such a stupid statement.

Old
07-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckfromtoronto View Post
Thats because they never had a goalie, or defense.
Cujo was a Hart candidate for a few seasons. He and SUndin were the heart of that team. If you care to revise and say in recent seasons, then yes I agree, but in their hey day that was a strong team. Do some research before you post.

Old
07-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsAlive View Post
Yes, Sundin signing in Vancouver DOES make Vancouver magically better.

Have you even watched him in the past years? He was basically the main reason the Leafs didn't finish last place in the East. Mats was the only one coming up with offense consistently and carrying the team on most nights.

And what do you mean he couldn't even take the Leafs to the playoffs in ''most years''? Sundin arrived in Toronto in 1994 and has made the playoffs in eight of his thirteen seasons with the Leafs.
Thank you. If Quinn could've gotten a couple more peices they wouldn't have lost to Buffalo or New Jersey in the ECF's.

Old
07-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Kessick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan View Post
Thank you. If Quinn could've gotten a couple more peices they wouldn't have lost to Buffalo or New Jersey in the ECF's.
You mean Carolina, not NJ (we were ousted by NJ in the 2nd round, both times they went on to the Cup finals). We lost to Carolina because our whole team was injured at the time, and they had the youth and speed going for them. Sundin had come back from a broken wrist injury but was too rusty. Seriously, Alyn McCauley was on our first line.

Old
07-11-2008, 02:51 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
See I can't stand how horrible the posters on this board have become. lest we forget the back to back Confrence finals for the Leafs in which Cujo, and Sundin were the catalysts.

So many wannabe kids on these boards. Makes it so easy to not want to post anymore with Drivel like the above quoted. The Leafs were one of the better teams in the late 90's and early 2000's. Pat Quinn built a very decent team. He just stayed with some players too long... couldn't take the leafs into the playoffs most years... just such a stupid statement.
You mean back in 1994? Because according to Wikipedia that was the last time they ever had back to back conference final appearances.

I'm not here to discuss the merits of a Leafs team 10 years separated either.

I'm here to say that Vancouver, if they sign Sundin, might jump Colorado for 4th in the division. They are definitely not contenders, but if the chemistry is good and they manage to stay healthy then I could see them make the playoffs.

Old
07-11-2008, 02:53 PM
LeafsAlive*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccliquer View Post
You mean Carolina, not NJ (we were ousted by NJ in the 2nd round, both times they went on to the Cup finals). We lost to Carolina because our whole team was injured at the time, and they had the youth and speed going for them. Sundin had come back from a broken wrist injury but was too rusty. Seriously, Alyn McCauley was on our first line.
My favorite playoff run as a Leafs fan was that season. It was a shame that Sundin still had that broken wrist during that series. Though, he did score one of my favorite goals ever in that Game 6 vs Carolina.

Old
07-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Rayne*

Quote:
When Sundin and Cujo were on the Leafs together, they made the East Final in 1999 and 2002, so it wasn't back to back.

Old
07-11-2008, 02:57 PM
QuickDynamite

I honestly don't see him going to Montreal. They are one of the Leafs biggest rivals. He could go to Toronto for less, but of course the chances of him winning a cup are slim to none. If Sundin signed with the Canucks we would be legit cup contenders.

Old
07-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Kessick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsAlive View Post
My favorite playoff run as a Leafs fan was that season. It was a shame that Sundin still had that broken wrist during that series. Though, he did score one of my favorite goals ever in that Game 6 vs Carolina.
That's the most clutch goal I've ever seen him score. One of my faves too.

The OT was so heartbreaking.

Old
07-11-2008, 02:59 PM
HavoK041

Quote:
You mean back in 1994? Because according to Wikipedia
You lost any weight that your argument held right there. And yes, Sundin would make the Canucks magically better. What ice sport have you been watching any?

Old
07-11-2008, 03:03 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_HavoK View Post
You lost any weight that your argument held right there. And yes, Sundin would make the Canucks magically better. What ice sport have you been watching any?
Excuse me for not keeping up to date with the magnificent product Toronto has put on the ice for the last gazillion years.

Sundin is old, Vancouver is avoiding its much needed rebuild and they are very much turning out to be the Leafs of the West. Signing a UFA doesn't make you cup contenders. You should have learned that lesson from the Rangers and Leafs.

Old
07-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Roberto Lubongo

Quote:
I'm here to say that Vancouver, if they sign Sundin, might jump Colorado for 4th in the division. They are definitely not contenders, but if the chemistry is good and they manage to stay healthy then I could see them make the playoffs.
Are you kidding me? No one in the division would be nearly as good (on paper) as the Canucks and possibly the Oilers. The Canucks have proven goaltending and defense (when not injured like last year). Without injuries, they won the division two years ago with basically no offense (Sedins, Naslund, Morrison).

Now they have the same solid D and exceptional goaltending, a right-handed power forward to play with the Sedins, a quick, two-way playmaker in Demitra, rising stars on both D and O, and a very gritty, solid 3rd and 4th lines. If they get Sundin, they will win the division.

Calgary, Colorado, Minny have all gone downhill since last season, losing valuable players and not really signing anyone notable. Oilers made some good changes and have some good young talent, but are pretty unproven and have a big question mark in goal.

Old
07-11-2008, 03:05 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
You mean back in 1994? Because according to Wikipedia that was the last time they ever had back to back conference final appearances.

I'm not here to discuss the merits of a Leafs team 10 years separated either.

Yeah because teams that are rediuclously strong down the middle (who beats Sundin/Sedin/Kesler?) and have elite goaltending are never contenders....never. Sprinkle in a few goalscoring wingers, rock solid defence 1-6 and I think you have a case. The Canucks would be cellar dwellers...

Silly Oiler fans.

Closed Thread