HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hitting Girls

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2008, 04:13 PM
rban*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helm1Crosby0 View Post
To answer your NHL playoffs question, the answer should be obvious.

They get paid to play.
So it's all about the money? SO if a female player was in a professional league where everyone were paid a salary, then it would be ok for the males to hit that female harder and more frequently than all the males?

You dont think that male players in school leagues should want to win that much .. because they're not paid salaries for playing?

So I am a ********* cuz I target the female more and am not even paid money. BUT if I was paid a salary, faced a female player, and targeted her more than the males, I would no longer be a ********* ?

Interesting logic there ...

Old
07-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post

I hit girls more than I hit guys, but I dont do it for that reason. I do it for reasons I've repeated ad nauseum here.... I enjoy hitting what I think is an easier target, because I think that I can get the puck away from them easier.

I'd like to see you line up against anyone from the Women's National team. Hell, even the Oval Extreame.

07-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Ti-girl

Quote:
So it's all about the money? SO if a female player was in a professional league where everyone were paid a salary, then it would be ok for the males to hit that female harder and more frequently than all the males?

You dont think that male players in school leagues should want to win that much .. because they're not paid salaries for playing?

So I am a ********* cuz I target the female more and am not even paid money. BUT if I was paid a salary, faced a female player, and targeted her more than the males, I would no longer be a ********* ?

Interesting logic there ...
No, what I'm saying is that because they get paid, it's socially acceptable during the playoffs for players to hit other players that have injuries.

Old
07-11-2008, 04:20 PM
rban*

Quote:
I'd like to see you line up against anyone from the Women's National team. Hell, even the Oval Extreame.

OF COURSE, get cranking with the personal attacks! You dont know me, my skill level or really anything about me... but feel free to throw insults.

Anything except actually rebutting the valid arguments, of course! Hysterical and emotional people seem to always have trouble doing that!

Old
07-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Ti-girl

Quote:
OF COURSE, get cranking with the personal attacks! You dont know me, my skill level or really anything about me... but feel free to throw insults.

Anything except actually rebutting the valid arguments, of course! Hysterical and emotional people seem to always have trouble doing that!
Oh yes, me saying that I would like to see you line up against the Oval extreame constitutes personal attacks.

And I'M the one who is hysterical and emotional? Seems like you're confusing us. And really, I wouldn't wish that on ANYONE.

Old
07-11-2008, 04:24 PM
deanosaur

Wow I thought this thread was ended a long time ago

Old
07-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Ti-girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
Wow I thought this thread was ended a long time ago
As did I.

AS
DID
I

Old
rban*

Quote:
No, what I'm saying is that because they get paid, it's socially acceptable during the playoffs for players to hit other players that have injuries.
So then it would be socially acceptable for male players to selectively target female players, if only they were getting paid?

You do realize that me selectively the females is for the precise same reason that NHLers target those with injuries, dont you?

Those NHLers PERCEIVE the injured guys as being easier targets, and I perceive the female as being easier targets. SAME IDEOLOGY, same MINDSET.

Xcept I get bashed by you, but you give those guys a pass.

So I am 'wrong' and they are 'right'.. only because they get paid and I dont?

Or do you think it's ok to target injured males, but not females?

Old
Alain Racette

Quote:
As did I.

AS
DID
I
SAME!

I've been reading it since its beginning!

Old
07-11-2008, 04:27 PM
rban*

Quote:
Oh yes, me saying that I would like to see you line up against the Oval extreame constitutes personal attacks.

Well it is! You are implying that I'd get my butt handed to me if I played against the Oval players. Xcept that you dont know anything about me!

Old
07-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 8237
Awards:
closed.

Closed Thread