HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Greetings from Croatia!

Old
07-12-2008, 11:28 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Greetings from Croatia!

In Dubrovnik. What a spectacularly beautiful city! Having a blast. With a stop to Italys Amalfi Coast before returning to NYC.

Anyway, not crazy about the Naslund signing. But for the contract its a worthwhile gamble, I guess.

I am pretty excited about the direction the team is going - not a complete rebuild but a change in philosophy. Which cant be a bad thing. As a assembled, the Rangers were not going to go any further then they did the previous season(s). They will most likely take a step back next season, but I feel they would have anyway. With Pittsburgh and the emergence of Washington, Philly and Montreal (not to mention the usual suspects New Jersey and Ottawa) the Rangers simply arent good enough, Jagr or no Jagr.

So turn the team over to your main guys, Hank, Drury and Gomez. I respect Renney and his realization that the team has gone as far as it can. The Jagr years were a wonderful surprise. Making the playoffs the previous three seasons is a good accomplishment for this team when you consider where they were. I think what you are going to see is a team like the one coming out of the lockout - one who will have to outwork the other team everynight. And they are going to lean on Hank and their specialty teams.

I remain excited.

Catch up with you guys and gals when I get back in a week.

07-12-2008, 11:31 AM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
In Dubrovnik. What a spectacularly beautiful city! Having a blast. With a stop to Italys Amalfi Coast before returning to NYC.

Anyway, not crazy about the Naslund signing. But for the contract its a worthwhile gamble, I guess.

I am pretty excited about the direction the team is going - not a complete rebuild but a change in philosophy. Which cant be a bad thing. As a assembled, the Rangers were not going to go any further then they did the previous season(s). They will most likely take a step back next season, but I feel they would have anyway. With Pittsburgh and the emergence of Washington, Philly and Montreal (not to mention the usual suspects New Jersey and Ottawa) the Rangers simply arent good enough, Jagr or no Jagr.

So turn the team over to your main guys, Hank, Drury and Gomez. I respect Renney and his realization that the team has gone as far as it can. The Jagr years were a wonderful surprise. Making the playoffs the previous three seasons is a good accomplishment for this team when you consider where they were. I think what you are going to see is a team like the one coming out of the lockout - one who will have to outwork the other team everynight. And they are going to lean on Hank and their specialty teams.

I remain excited.

Im not CRAZY about the naslund signing either but honestly, I would be much more upset if we didn't sign anyone instead.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:

I remain excited.

Dobrar Dan!

Enjoy Dubrovnik (if you get a chance, go see the ruins in Split, Hvar, and Korcula too).

Stretan Put!

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 11:56 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Dobrar Dan!

Enjoy Dubrovnik (if you get a chance, go see the ruins in Split, Hvar, and Korcula too).

Stretan Put!
Did it. Took a ferry from Ancona in Italy to Split and drove from Split to Dubrovnik.

Hvala!

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 11:59 AM
CroatianCanuck

ya im im from croatia and i was actually born in the dubrovnik region its beautiful there.....i wish i went this summer....

CroatianCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 12:10 PM
dank

enjoy Hrvatska..

the Amalfi Coast is simply one of the most beautiful places on Earth..

Mods, this is OT, lock it up! haha

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 01:13 PM
sbresistor

Dubrovnik, Cavtat area is awesome. Glad you are having a great time - drink a Karlovacko for me. I will be in Pula (istrian penninsula up the coast) in a couple weeks - can't wait.

sbresistor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Corto
Faceless Man

Glad you enjoyed it, SBOB.

As the unofficial Croatian ambassador on these boards ( ) I hope you come visit again!

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Shark Staal
Woah

Quote:

I remain excited.

my brother used to work at a pizza place called amalfi.

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 08:45 PM
In The Flesh

Sounds cool, I'll probably never be there thou, still have so much to see here in the US.

All I hope is that this team isn't as soft as Charmin.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Nich

hope you check out krka national park.

go to hacienda to party

and i am jealous....i'll be going back next year....my family is from right outside sibenik....which btw is the oldest croatian established city in croatia. the rest were established by the turks, etc, when the occupied it.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 10:24 AM
Fletch

Great hearing from you, Singn'...

must be great there - never been, but it's on my list which grows daily.

Beautiful time to visit Italy too.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:

I remain excited.

Good to hear the vacation is going well

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote