HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Vermette has asked to be traded.....

Old
07-12-2008, 11:44 AM
TrojanRanger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLeetch2 View Post
well dawes/callahan and a 2nd rounder is def do-able but no more then that

sorry for the misunderstanding
No worries man, I guess I could have made my self clearer

One things for sure, the longer he stays in Ottawa, the lower Vermettes value gets.

TrojanRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 11:45 AM
BrianLeetch2

vCash: 803
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFPatUSC View Post
No worries man, I guess I could have made my self clearer

One things for sure, the longer he stays in Ottawa, the lower Vermettes value gets.
i would love to have hime he would fit nice on our 2nd line....i think someone will get him sooner then later

BrianLeetch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 11:45 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
the problem is that you still have 4 players on the bench....

orr, hollweg, voros, rissmiller.....and two of them are making a million a year....anisimov i think will be in the AHL this season so move fritsche up and add vors on the 4th......

naslund-gomez-zherdev
vermette-drury-dawes
fritsche-dubinsky-rissmiller
voros-betts-sjostrom
Voros and Rissmiller can be sent down.

Hollweg can be put though waivers.

Orr can be sent down.

Those guys are just depth players. Incase of injury.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 11:48 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I really hope we get Vermette.

Old
07-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
Voros and Rissmiller can be sent down.

Hollweg can be put though waivers.

Orr can be sent down.

Those guys are just depth players. Incase of injury.
Voros, Rissmiller, and Orr all need to be put on waivers to be sent down...

If you do that and for some reason they end up passing through waivers (each would get claimed) you would be saying good bye to them for the season...No way they would go unclaimed for half the price through re-entry waivers....

The Rangers aren't signing guys to trade or waive them.....Not two weeks after they put they ink on the contract...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 12:00 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
I really hope we get Vermette.
i really hope your not going to be disappointed when we don't

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post

If you do that and for some reason they end up passing through waivers (each would get claimed) you would be saying good bye to them for the season...No way they would go unclaimed for half the price through re-entry waivers....

The Rangers aren't signing guys to trade or waive them.....Not two weeks after they put they ink on the contract...
THEY JUST GOT SIGNED!!

holy crap let Voros and Rissmiller play a game in NY before anyone bashes them.........they will be 4th line Energy players.........so I am fine with them...........Orr could be dealt in a package with a Prucha and prostpect for a Forward

Vermette would be awesome but I don't think it fits the payroll

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 12:26 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:

Addition by subtraction.

You are adding a young, top six forward that can be with your club for many years, and sacrificing guys in their late 20's that have yet to really produce in the NHL.

Smart organizations do not pass up opportunities like that, in favor of depth players.

Old
07-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
THEY JUST GOT SIGNED!!

holy crap let Voros and Rissmiller play a game in NY before anyone bashes them.........they will be 4th line Energy players.........so I am fine with them...........Orr could be dealt in a package with a Prucha and prostpect for a Forward

Vermette would be awesome but I don't think it fits the payroll
I really don't understand you or your posts. You should understand that he's replying to Pukku who believes that those players can be sent down without risk..

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 12:27 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
if anyone should be waived it should be Hollweg

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 12:33 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Staal View Post
I really don't understand you or your posts. You should understand that he's replying to Pukku who believes that those players can be sent down without risk..
I believe there is no risk in sending them down because we have the depth to replace them.

If you have the opportunity to land someone like Vermette, you don't pass on that opportunity because of 'what to do' with Rissmiller, Voros, Hollweg, and Orr.

There is a reason they will be nothing more then 4th line players and scratched often through out the season.

Vermette is a 25 year old top 6 quality forward, with puck skills beyond anyone currently on our roster, save Zherdev.

If a reasonable deal can be made, you make it, and then worry about what to do with fringe 4th line players later.

Old
07-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Celestial Black

If we could get him I'd be very happy because he and Zherdev are two players I would love to see on the Rnagers but never thought could happen.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Karl Eriksson

Sens fan here,

One decent option is that Murray packages Vermette with Neil in a deal to get a stud D-man or a better top 6 winger. Neil is fairly redundant now that we have Ruutu, Bass.

Karl Eriksson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
I believe there is no risk in sending them down because we have the depth to replace them.

If you have the opportunity to land someone like Vermette, you don't pass on that opportunity because of 'what to do' with Rissmiller, Voros, Hollweg, and Orr.

There is a reason they will be nothing more then 4th line players and scratched often through out the season.

Vermette is a 25 year old top 6 quality forward, with puck skills beyond anyone currently on our roster, save Zherdev.

If a reasonable deal can be made, you make it, and then worry about what to do with fringe 4th line players later.
While you're correct about acquiring Vermette - that doesn't change the fact that these players will need to be dealt with and they cant be dealt with in the way you forementioned, or we'd lose them.

Sather didn't sign Rissmiller and Voros to get rid of them. They both might not be on the team next year, but one of them surely will be.

You previously stated that these four were depth players, and now you're stating we can get rid of these depth players because we have depth elsewhere, but where is that depth? Korpedo? Rotting on the fourth line for double the price than Hollweg and Orr? Moore? Moore is half as good as Betts is, and we have Betts, so there's no need for him. These prospects we have need to stay in the AHL and shouldn't be rushed because we need Vermette so badly that we need to get rid of two newcomers and Orr.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Esa 10

Anyone arguing in favor of getting Vermette should take a look at the Rangers Salary Cap thread at the top of this page. We have 2.2 million left to resign Dawes, Fritsche, Shjostrom. Most likely we won't be able to go with a full 23 man roster and a couple of guys will be traded for picks or waived anyway.

The only realistic way to fit Vermette is sending Girardi with Prucha and then playing a scrub like Pock in the No.6 role. That's if Sather wants to go with no wiggle room at all for trades during the season.

Esa 10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Addition by subtraction.

You are adding a young, top six forward that can be with your club for many years, and sacrificing guys in their late 20's that have yet to really produce in the NHL.

Smart organizations do not pass up opportunities like that, in favor of depth players.
Smart organizations don't start a season with ZERO depth...

What you are proposing will never happen..it's fantasy...it's not realistic..

We are going to trade Prucha, Callahan, and Potter for Vermette (forgetting the fact that Ottawas GM isn't missing a chromosone..) then at the same time waive Orr, Voros, and Rissmiller (forgetting the fact that these players were signed for specific and important roles)...

Lets see 6 players for 1 talented player but somebody that you don't have enough cap space to sign to a long term contract?

That's a great move...teams do stuff like that all the time...

Old
07-12-2008, 01:02 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Smart organizations don't start a season with ZERO depth...

What you are proposing will never happen..it's fantasy...it's not realistic..

We are going to trade Prucha, Callahan, and Potter for Vermette (forgetting the fact that Ottawas GM isn't missing a chromosone..) then at the same time waive Orr, Voros, and Rissmiller (forgetting the fact that these players were signed for specific and important roles)...

Lets see 6 players for 1 talented player but somebody that you don't have enough cap space to sign to a long term contract?

That's a great move...teams do stuff like that all the time...

Byers, Parenteau, and Moore.

Those are your cheap and capable replacements for Voros, Rissmiller, Hollweg and/or Orr. Again, 4th line players are NOT hard to replace. And common logic would suggest that not ALL of them would need to be replaced, only a couple of them.

Vermette, Fritsche, Korpikoski, & Anisimov are your UPGRADES over Prucha and Callahan.

FANTASY, is assuming that you can find that missing top 6 production from a 4th line quality guy like Callahan.

The REALITY is that you UPGRADE WHEN EVER THE OPPORTUNITY PRESENTS ITSELF.

The other reality is Vermette is only guaranteed for one year, remember he went through arbitration. And the worst case scenario is that he gets dealt at the deadline. OR he is kept knowing that Cherepanov's future is uncertain at this point in time.

Old
07-12-2008, 01:10 PM
NYR Viper

voros and rissmiller are 3rd liners on most teams......

also, if sather can get vermette it would be great....there is 2.2 million left to sign three players, yes, naslund has 1 million in bonuses that can overflow to next season(not what i want to do)...also, all of these players wont be on the team....

i would deal 2 of the following:
korpikoski
byers
callahan
sjostrom
potter
sauer

1 of the following:
moore
jessiman

and a 2nd rounder for vermette.......honestly, he was a 3rd liner on their team....i think he could be had for two solid nhlers(good prospects) a b-level prospect, and a pick.....

to be honesti dont think there is a way sather gets this done but i guess there is a chance with all the depth the rangers have....however, people who think rissmiller and voros arent going to play are crazy....you dont sign voros at 1 million a year for 3 years and rissmiller for 1 million a year and bench them, it would send a bad message to future UFA's.....also, they add size and grit to the forwards who without them dont have much

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 01:12 PM
NYR Viper

also, people who think vermetee would be impossible to fit under the cap are silly.....sather fit jagr, shanny, drury, gomez all under the cap when no one thought he could....its possible and i like the fact that he wants a long-term deal as the rangers could sign him for 4 million a seaosn for 5-6 years....it would be steal

Old
07-12-2008, 01:14 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Possible, yes. Likely, sadly no.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 01:16 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
voros and rissmiller are 3rd liners on most teams......
Luckily for us, we have talent in our depth.

Korpikoski, Anisimov, and Fritsche have more talent then they do.

Old
07-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Byers, Parenteau, and Moore.

Those are your cheap and capable replacements for Voros, Rissmiller, Hollweg and/or Orr. Again, 4th line players are NOT hard to replace. And common logic would suggest that not ALL of them would need to be replaced, only a couple of them.

Vermette, Fritsche, Korpikoski, & Anisimov are your UPGRADES over Prucha and Callahan.

FANTASY, is assuming that you can find that missing top 6 production from a 4th line quality guy like Callahan.

The REALITY is that you UPGRADE WHEN EVER THE OPPORTUNITY PRESENTS ITSELF.

The other reality is Vermette is only guaranteed for one year, remember he went through arbitration. And the worst case scenario is that he gets dealt at the deadline. OR he is kept knowing that Cherepanov's future is uncertain at this point in time.
Byers, (who may or may not be ready) Parenteau (who has to go through waivers) and Moore (who hasn't shown anything) are going to replace your depth guys? it's a downgrade on a team that can't afford any downgrades..

Hollweg is gone no matter what so lets leave him out of this...

The Rangers just signed Rissmiller and Voros..they aren't going to waive them...that doesn't normally happen in the NHL...It's not reality...maybe in video game world it happens but not when you are dealing with real people...not when you are going to have to sign free agents in the future who might be wary of being waived because the team they signed with had no plans or direction...

Fritsche and Vermette would be upgrades over Prucha and Callahan (although you underrate callahan daily) but at what cost to the other lines..at what cost to the salary cap?

Ryan Callahan has shown the past two seasons (AND PLAYOFFS) that he is more then a 4th line talent...he's shown it from junior to the ahl to the nhl...what am i missing here?

Vermette is a good young player..you aren't getting him for the putrid proposal you had...your just not..it's not fair to ottawa...

Vermette is also not going to replace the 6 players you want to get rid of...the players you listed above (Byers, Paranteau, and Moore) are down on the depth chart for a reason. To bring them up and expect them to replace the grit and fighting abilty you would be losing on the 3rd and 4th lines is not feasable...maybe in nhl08 but not IN the nhl in 08....

also...what about injuries? do the rangers have depth now with these guys under contract to withstand any injuries? injuries happen...who do you replace injured guys with fans in the front row? the little kids that pick up the scraps of ice during the game?

Vermette is a good player and somebody that i wanted the rangers to get a few weeks ago but the salary cap and reality of the teams rosters has gotten in the way..

As you said your guaranteed one year with Vermette (no way the rangers have money to sign Vermette, Dubinksy, and Zherdev next offseason) why give up anything for him now? is he really going to put this team over the top? what's the point?

Old
07-12-2008, 01:23 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Luckily for us, we have talent in our depth.

Korpikoski, Anisimov, and Fritsche have more talent then they do.
anisimov wont be on the team this season.....i think he will get another year in the AHL to dominate as there is no rush for him to make the nhl........korpikoski i think will also start the year in the AHL to see if he can dominate as well and be a leader....

the more i think about it, th emore i think dawes would have to go the other way...dawes, callahan, 3rd 09 for vermetee is a relatively even trade, although i really like dawes

Old
07-12-2008, 01:29 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Byers, (who may or may not be ready) Parenteau (who has to go through waivers) and Moore (who hasn't shown anything) are going to replace your depth guys? it's a downgrade on a team that can't afford any downgrades..

Hollweg is gone no matter what so lets leave him out of this...

The Rangers just signed Rissmiller and Voros..they aren't going to waive them...that doesn't normally happen in the NHL...It's not reality...maybe in video game world it happens but not when you are dealing with real people...not when you are going to have to sign free agents in the future who might be wary of being waived because the team they signed with had no plans or direction...

Fritsche and Vermette would be upgrades over Prucha and Callahan (although you underrate callahan daily) but at what cost to the other lines..at what cost to the salary cap?

Ryan Callahan has shown the past two seasons (AND PLAYOFFS) that he is more then a 4th line talent...he's shown it from junior to the ahl to the nhl...what am i missing here?

Vermette is a good young player..you aren't getting him for the putrid proposal you had...your just not..it's not fair to ottawa...

Vermette is also not going to replace the 6 players you want to get rid of...the players you listed above (Byers, Paranteau, and Moore) are down on the depth chart for a reason. To bring them up and expect them to replace the grit and fighting abilty you would be losing on the 3rd and 4th lines is not feasable...maybe in nhl08 but not IN the nhl in 08....

also...what about injuries? do the rangers have depth now with these guys under contract to withstand any injuries? injuries happen...who do you replace injured guys with fans in the front row? the little kids that pick up the scraps of ice during the game?

Vermette is a good player and somebody that i wanted the rangers to get a few weeks ago but the salary cap and reality of the teams rosters has gotten in the way..

As you said your guaranteed one year with Vermette (no way the rangers have money to sign Vermette, Dubinksy, and Zherdev next offseason) why give up anything for him now? is he really going to put this team over the top? what's the point?
When Callahan produces at the NHL level, talk to me.

Old
07-12-2008, 01:29 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
anisimov wont be on the team this season.....i think he will get another year in the AHL to dominate as there is no rush for him to make the nhl........korpikoski i think will also start the year in the AHL to see if he can dominate as well and be a leader....

the more i think about it, th emore i think dawes would have to go the other way...dawes, callahan, 3rd 09 for vermetee is a relatively even trade, although i really like dawes
Simply saying he "wont be" doesn't make it so.

That decision is on the Rangers.