HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top Line Centre

View Poll Results: Top line center
Dru 1 1.11%
Gomer 87 96.67%
Dubi 2 2.22%
Betts 0 0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2008, 12:51 PM
  #26
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
If Anisimov makes the club out of camp, that will not be rushing him. That would mean the Rangers obviously would feel he is ready, in that scenario.

Drury can play wing. He is the only top 6 guy on the club who can be switched, and has a history of doing so.

The process adds a young center who is very solid defensively, and it automatically adds a legitimate top line winger.

It is an ideal scenario that would benefit the Rangers more then it could possibly harm them.

There are many instances around the league where basically two centers play on a line, and in some cases one of the top two lines, making that line not only potent offensively, but solid defensively, and gives the coach options on important face offs… see: Detroit Red Wings (Zetterberg & Datsyuk).
A history of doing of playing wing SIX YEARS AGO but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do now SIX YEARS LATER ON ANOTHER TEAM...Ansimov should domiante the AHL before he earns a callup (which is something Gordie Clark talks about in every interview)...You and I can come up with a 100 guys that played great in camp but once the season started looked overmatched (Dawes two seasons ago for example) why put a young player through that? Training camp isn't the only way to judge where a players development is...Lets look at Anisimov half way through the season...I'd rather be cautious with him and let him develop a little more then try to throw him out there against NHL players when he isn't ready for it...lets be 100% postive he can handle the NHL...rushing guys never leads to good things...it always adds more time to there development..

Lets have him develop the right way not in the NHL on a team that is going to spend the first quater to half way mark trying to find it's identity..

Moving Drury out of the faceoff circle hurts the team...its make no sense to do and frankly you don't move Chris Drury out of postion for an unproven 20 year old.....

The Rangers aren't Detroit..they don't have depth throughout the lineup that they can have the luxary of having two centers on a line in a regular game situation (not when you are leading in the 3rd and want to be cautious in the faceoff circle with two centers on the ice)

So your saying playin Drury in a postion he doesn't want to play and Anisimov losing confidence is worth the risk? ok....i don't think it is and i think your "scenario" here is not very likely to happen...i'm open for all creative ideas but no offense...this is a bad idea that would do more harm then good...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 01:13 PM
  #27
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
A history of doing of playing wing SIX YEARS AGO but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do now SIX YEARS LATER ON ANOTHER TEAM...Ansimov should domiante the AHL before he earns a callup (which is something Gordie Clark talks about in every interview)...You and I can come up with a 100 guys that played great in camp but once the season started looked overmatched (Dawes two seasons ago for example) why put a young player through that? Training camp isn't the only way to judge where a players development is...Lets look at Anisimov half way through the season...I'd rather be cautious with him and let him develop a little more then try to throw him out there against NHL players when he isn't ready for it...lets be 100% postive he can handle the NHL...rushing guys never leads to good things...it always adds more time to there development..

Lets have him develop the right way not in the NHL on a team that is going to spend the first quater to half way mark trying to find it's identity..

Moving Drury out of the faceoff circle hurts the team...its make no sense to do and frankly you don't move Chris Drury out of postion for an unproven 20 year old.....

The Rangers aren't Detroit..they don't have depth throughout the lineup that they can have the luxary of having two centers on a line in a regular game situation (not when you are leading in the 3rd and want to be cautious in the faceoff circle with two centers on the ice)

So your saying playin Drury in a postion he doesn't want to play and Anisimov losing confidence is worth the risk? ok....i don't think it is and i think your "scenario" here is not very likely to happen...i'm open for all creative ideas but no offense...this is a bad idea that would do more harm then good...
First off.

Like i said, if Anisimov makes the club out of camp, that means the RANGERS feel he is ready.

In that case, Drury is the ONLY candidate to move out of the center position. Regardless of how long ago he played wing, it is irrelevant.

Second, because Drury is not on the ice as a center, does not mean he CAN'T take face offs. He can take a draw and when the opportunity presents itself, he can shift back to his proper lane. Such as when a defensman pinches and either the center (usually) or winger falls back in his place. Hockey has the luxury of being a free flowing sport where these things can happen. This is not baseball.

Detroit's situation of having Zetterberg take many faceoffs, even though Datsyuk is the listed center on that line, was an example of a circumstance. It was NOT a suggestion that he Rangers have equal talent.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 01:59 PM
  #28
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
First off.

Like i said, if Anisimov makes the club out of camp, that means the RANGERS feel he is ready.
it seems you like YOU expect that to be in October...
Quote:
In that case, Drury is the ONLY candidate to move out of the center position. Regardless of how long ago he played wing, it is irrelevant.
I don't see it that way...I think Dubinksy could be the guy that ends up moving to wing...I also don't think Drury signed here to play winger..he signed here to play center...he dealt with the situation we had here last year but if the team is giving Drury a role this season it's not as 2nd line winger...at least i hope it isn't...

Quote:
Second, because Drury is not on the ice as a center, does not mean he CAN'T take face offs. He can take a draw and when the opportunity presents itself, he can shift back to his proper lane. Such as when a defensman pinches and either the center (usually) or winger falls back in his place. Hockey has the luxury of being a free flowing sport where these things can happen. This is not baseball.
your discounting the weakness that's created on faceoffs the line that Drury isn't playing on....you don't move your best faceoff man to wing...not when the center he probably would be playing with is also a good faceoff man...you don't do it for an unproven kid who needs time to grow like anisimov...that's bad asset management...

Quote:
Detroit's situation of having Zetterberg take many faceoffs, even though Datsyuk is the listed center on that line, was an example of a circumstance. It was NOT a suggestion that he Rangers have equal talent.
name another team then the stanely cup champions...name a team that you can actually compare talent with not a team that just carried the stanley cup around the ice..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 02:37 PM
  #29
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
it seems you like YOU expect that to be in October...


I don't see it that way...I think Dubinksy could be the guy that ends up moving to wing...I also don't think Drury signed here to play winger..he signed here to play center...he dealt with the situation we had here last year but if the team is giving Drury a role this season it's not as 2nd line winger...at least i hope it isn't...



your discounting the weakness that's created on faceoffs the line that Drury isn't playing on....you don't move your best faceoff man to wing...not when the center he probably would be playing with is also a good faceoff man...you don't do it for an unproven kid who needs time to grow like anisimov...that's bad asset management...



name another team then the stanely cup champions...name a team that you can actually compare talent with not a team that just carried the stanley cup around the ice..
You would NOT lose anything in the face off department. Your argument is moot regarding that issue.

Serious question: Do you play [ice]hockey? Do you coach (ice hockey)?

ANYONE on the ice can take a draw. Not sure if you are aware of that.

There would be exactly zero loss of faceoff production. Why? Because Drury can STILL take a face off if needed. And he will STILL be on either of the top two lines.

I could care less what position Drury "signed" to be. Unfortunately it does not work that way, you play where your coach wants you to play. You play where it will benefit your team... Drury centered the third line majority of the season, i'm sure that's not where he "signed to play."


Secondly, Go look at Dubinsky's face off win %.


On the Subject of me wanting or not wanting Anisimov earning a place on the roster, what baring does it have on the issue? Regardless of what I want, Renney will make a decision. If his decision happens to be that Anisimov earns a place, it leaves the roster with OPTIONS.

OPTIONS strengthen rosters, not weaken them.


I know you are TRYING to get a rise out of me, but, you should really move on.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 02:48 PM
  #30
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
You would NOT lose anything in the face off department. Your argument is moot regarding that issue.

Serious question: Do you play [ice]hockey? Do you coach (ice hockey)?

ANYONE on the ice can take a draw. Not sure if you are aware of that.

There would be exactly zero loss of faceoff production. Why? Because Drury can STILL take a face off if needed. And he will STILL be on either of the top two lines.

I could care less what position Drury "signed" to be. Unfortunately it does not work that way, you play where your coach wants you to play. You play where it will benefit your team... Drury centered the third line majority of the season, i'm sure that's not where he "signed to play."


Secondly, Go look at Dubinsky's face off win %.


On the Subject of me wanting or not wanting Anisimov earning a place on the roster, what baring does it have on the issue? Regardless of what I want, Renney will make a decision. If his decision happens to be that Anisimov earns a place, it leaves the roster with OPTIONS.

OPTIONS strengthen rosters, not weaken them.


I know you are TRYING to get a rise out of me, but, you should really move on.

I disagree with your points but I'm not trying to get a rise out of you at all so i'll just agree to disagree...

I'll def move on dude...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 03:05 PM
  #31
RANGERS2448
Registered User
 
RANGERS2448's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Drury and Gomez have talked about Dru moveing to wing and them playing on the same line. they are fine with it and excited about it if it needs to happen. i am trying to find where this was writen if i do i will post a link

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 03:06 PM
  #32
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I disagree with your points but I'm not trying to get a rise out of you at all so i'll just agree to disagree...

I'll def move on dude...
lol yea, maybe i misinterpreted.

Maybe we can just agree to disagree on these two threads.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 03:08 PM
  #33
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERS2448 View Post
Drury and Gomez have talked about Dru moveing to wing and them playing on the same line. they are fine with it and excited about it if it needs to happen. i am trying to find where this was writen if i do i will post a link
I do recall this, as well.

I think Gomez and Drury are very team oriented guys (there's that character trait that Renney and Sather are so high on). I don't think either would put up much of a fuss about things like that.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 03:15 PM
  #34
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERS2448 View Post
Drury and Gomez have talked about Dru moveing to wing and them playing on the same line. they are fine with it and excited about it if it needs to happen. i am trying to find where this was writen if i do i will post a link
I believe thats when there were talks of bringing in Sundin to play with Jagr.

Someone is going to have to move to wing if we sign Fritsche. I'd imagine Fritsche will probably move to wing, but I don't see Renney relegating Dubinsky to a 3rd line center role.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 03:22 PM
  #35
RANGERS2448
Registered User
 
RANGERS2448's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I believe thats when there were talks of bringing in Sundin to play with Jagr.

Someone is going to have to move to wing if we sign Fritsche. I'd imagine Fritsche will probably move to wing, but I don't see Renney relegating Dubinsky to a 3rd line center role.

Renney has alot of shuffleing and figureing out to do. he will be a busy man

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 04:02 PM
  #36
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,363
vCash: 500
Barring a trade.

1. Gomez
2. Dubinsky
3. Anisimov
4. Betts

I think Drury goes on the wing.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 06:10 PM
  #37
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,049
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Prucha will be the 1st line C.


Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.