HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Why the cup belongs in Canada

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Hemsky4PM

vCash: 500
Why the cup belongs in Canada

Nothing would make me cheer for the Flames, but this comes close.

A whopping 15,000 fans celebrated the Lightning Stanley Cup win today at the St. Pete-Times Forum.
30,000 Calgarians celebrated the Flames cup run today in Cowtown.

In the name of all that is hockey, please let the lock-out go on long enough to have two teams from the states move back up to Winnipeg and Quebec.

Old
06-09-2004, 05:54 PM
Oi'll say!

I dare you to try telling the Flyers board that, or the Bruins board, or Detroit... You might just as well try making-out with a beesnest.

I don't know if hockey really belongs in T-Bay but you can't lump the whole U.S.A. into one category.

Old
06-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
I dare you to try telling the Flyers board that, or the Bruins board, or Detroit... You might just as well try making-out with a beesnest.

I don't know if hockey really belongs in T-Bay but you can't lump the whole U.S.A. into one category.
Yeah, Yeah, that goes without saying. But there are mabye 10 strong hockey markets in the US and I was really just talking with respect to the finals this year. Just from the "celebration" in the dressing room you could tell that there was not a lot of electricity in Tampa.

Old
06-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
Yeah, Yeah, that goes without saying. But there are mabye 10 strong hockey markets in the US and I was really just talking with respect to the finals this year. Just from the "celebration" in the dressing room you could tell that there was not a lot of electricity in Tampa.
:lol The 40 watt Bolts.

I totally agree with you in that regard, the city of Tampa are not worthy of holding the Cup. I bet it won't spend more than a week or so there all summer anyways.

Old
06-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Takkie
I Goc ya nose!

Old
06-09-2004, 08:01 PM
Loweball

There should be no hockey in Carolina, Pittsburgh, Long Island and New Jersey. Maybe a few others i can't think of right now.

When Winnipeg is ready to sell out every night and support a team it's absolutely assanine any of those teams still exist.

New Jersey Devils consistently finish near the top of the league and can hardly muster out 10,000 fans. The New York area can not support 3 teams.

Closed Thread