HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vermette has asked to be traded.....

Old
07-12-2008, 01:33 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
Simply saying he "wont be" doesn't make it so.

That decision is on the Rangers.
going off of what they have done with most of their prospects and considering all of the nhl depth they have i made an educated guess on what they will do.....does it mean that they wont...no, but that is what i expect to see.....are they ready to play in the nhl....probably, but there is no rush when the rangers already have about 15 forwards or more in the nhl right now who are fighting over 12 spots

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Vermette is going to be packaged for a top-4 d-man. I think if Slats called up Ottawa, the names he'd hear through the phone would be Girardi or Sanguinetti. Even if for some stupid reason I wanted to move either of them for Vermette, Girardi doesn't clear enough cap space and Sangs clears none.

Don't get your hopes up guys. As much as I like Vermette's game and think he would be a great fit with Gomez, you honestly have a better chance of seeing Radulov on this team next season.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 01:39 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

My take....

If Vermette asked to be moved, the Sens now have ZERO leverage in a trade negotiation. This is similar to the Jokinen situation in Florida, and Vermette isn't even signed to a contract yet. Prucha, Potter, and a 2nd/3rd is what I would offer, and nothing more.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post
As per Ek----who may have legit sources----Vermette may be gettin' the hell outta dodge and maybe, straight to Gotham.

Jason Williams 3 years at 1.9 million per season/Vermette asks to be traded.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16204

No connection or rumors to the Rangers yet----but who can go to free up salary and bring him in? Maybe a few of our countless 4th-liner scrappers and picks??

***Updated at 3:21pm, Predators and Blackhawks are after Neil, with Murray looking for a defensemen in return.***

They're gonna need some grinders, scrappers and character depth---we got plenty with the like of Voros, Fritche etc..........I'd love for this to come together.

Just imagine the lines.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Sena...36036-sun.html
Its not possible for us to get him. Id love for it to happen but we simply dont have in return what Murray wants, an NHL ready defenseman.

If we do, we simply open up another hole in our D-corps.

If we can some how pry Vermette out of there with prospects and picks and a NHL ready centre/winger.... then Im all for it.

07-12-2008, 01:41 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
going off of what they have done with most of their prospects and considering all of the nhl depth they have i made an educated guess on what they will do.....does it mean that they wont...no, but that is what i expect to see.....are they ready to play in the nhl....probably, but there is no rush when the rangers already have about 15 forwards or more in the nhl right now who are fighting over 12 spots
I'm not suggesting he is going to or not going to make it.

If they feel he is ready, he will be in the NHL.

And i am simply point out the fact that if or when he does, SOMEONE is gong to have to be moved out of the center position.

Drury, being the only guy who has experience at the NHL level playing wing at a high level or performance, is the prime candidate. And it automatically fills two positions. It fills the third line center position, and it adds a legit top line winger.

It is an ideal situation.

Again, if he makes it, that means they feel he is ready.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
When Callahan produces at the NHL level, talk to me.
he has produced at the NHL level...he's scored big goals at the NHL level...he's played important minutes at the NHL level (are you suggesting scoring goals is the only way to judge a player?)

what you want the rangers to do to aquire vermette isn't going to happen...name another team that blew up there roster (which is what the rangers did two weeks ago) to blow it up again two weeks later? not a team in EHM but an NHL team...

Vermette would be great but the salary cap and the rangers own depth issues make it impossible...

also wbat about the other points in my post? you choose this one thing to quote but nothing else? ok....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 02:51 PM
tdawg56

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
if anyone should be waived it should be Hollweg
Hollweg will not play another game for us. He is an absolute terrible hockey player that takes stupid penalties and has no offensive game. Voros has way more upside and will make the team over him.

tdawg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 02:58 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
he has produced at the NHL level...he's scored big goals at the NHL level...he's played important minutes at the NHL level (are you suggesting scoring goals is the only way to judge a player?)

what you want the rangers to do to aquire vermette isn't going to happen...name another team that blew up there roster (which is what the rangers did two weeks ago) to blow it up again two weeks later? not a team in EHM but an NHL team...

Vermette would be great but the salary cap and the rangers own depth issues make it impossible...

also wbat about the other points in my post? you choose this one thing to quote but nothing else? ok....
Rissmiller and Voros staying or going would not be "blowing up" a roster, as you put it. And making one trade, again, is not "blowing up" a roster.

Cap restrictions are an issue. Obviously.

Shaving salary where you can to attempt fitting better players into your roster is not a poor decision.

It goes back to the same issue: we have a ton of depth, and no legitimate top 6 wingers in that depth, to fill the need we have.

And on the subject of Callahan, no, he really has not produced at the NHL level. As a matter of fact, he couldn't handle the NHL in the first half of the season, and when he got his recall, he still showed limited offensive upside.

8 goals, 13 points in 52 games is not what i would consider production. There are players who have been on this club, in recent years (Sykora), that have produced far more then that, and got ran out of town.

There is a big difference between effort, and real ability. Callahan is 100% effort. He has limited offensive skill.

I have absolutely nothing against Callahan. Except, someone with limited offensive skill should not be in an offensive role. Just like someone with limited size should not be expected to power through defenders. Callahan is a great penalty killer, and a great energy guy. Those attributes work great on the 4th line, IMO. The top 3 lines should be reserved for guys who have the ability to put the put in the net on a somewhat consistent basis.

I am willing to wait and see what Callahan does, as he is young, but IMO he has not earned the right to play above the 3rd line, and I'm even leery on that one, because tehre are guys, like Fritsche, Korpikoski, and Dawes, who have more offensive skill then Callahan, that should fill out the third line.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 03:02 PM
SteelCitySensFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post

No connection or rumors to the Rangers yet----but who can go to free up salary and bring him in? Maybe a few of our countless 4th-liner scrappers and picks??

They're gonna need some grinders, scrappers and character depth---we got plenty with the like of Voros, Fritche etc..........I'd love for this to come together.
Haha wow way off base here. This is 100% oppoiste what we need. Go actually find out who the Senators have on their roster and come back to me.

SteelCitySensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 03:30 PM
NYR Viper

i really think a deal like this makes sense as the sens are looking for more grit and lower line help and to retool their farm system and the rangers have tons of depth and need a high-end forward

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralKronwallus View Post
Haha wow way off base here. This is 100% oppoiste what we need. Go actually find out who the Senators have on their roster and come back to me.
OR you could actually provide some team insight and respond with a thoughtful post instead of just trolling.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 04:40 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
There's no way Vermette WON'T command a 1st (and something else) from us. Have you guys seen his moves? Plus speed, plus versatilty. It's all a matter of what you're willin to give.

I'd give 1st in '09, rights to Dawes and Denisov/Kalinin (they know how to develop d-men). And even that probably wouldn't do it. Had we not signed Naslund, I'd have been all for trading for Vermette, now it seems impossible. But $4M is a bargain for what he should become in the next year or two.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 04:54 PM
McMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Rangers are not getting Vermette.....lets move on
yea really.... don't get your hopes up guys

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 04:57 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

All this discussion based on Eklund garbage?

What a waste.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 05:31 PM
TheHMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
My take....

If Vermette asked to be moved, the Sens now have ZERO leverage in a trade negotiation. This is similar to the Jokinen situation in Florida, and Vermette isn't even signed to a contract yet. Prucha, Potter, and a 2nd/3rd is what I would offer, and nothing more.
You do know that he's filed for arbitration and we can elect to have him on a 2 year deal right? It's not like we're hurting to find a trading partner other than the rangers for this guy.

Also, the Sens do not need any 4th line grinders, prospects or low picks for Vermette. The Rangers don't have very many players that Ottawa would be interested in.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 06:02 PM
SteelCitySensFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
OR you could actually provide some team insight and respond with a thoughtful post instead of just trolling.
Okay if you cant take 2 seconds to read a roster here you go...The guy said that the Senators needed Grit and Leadership and role players...We have

Fisher
Kelly
Bass
Ruutu
Neil
Volchenkov
Phillips
Smith
Shubert
Donovan
McAmmond

What Im sayin is, we have plenty of grit and leadership. I believe the locker room problem has been solved for the most part, so people can stop working "character guys" into trade proposals. I really dont think the Rangers are going to have what the Senators are looking for, and while Vermette isnt a superstar, its going to take more than a few fourth liners.

SteelCitySensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralKronwallus View Post
Okay if you cant take 2 seconds to read a roster here you go...The guy said that the Senators needed Grit and Leadership and role players...We have

Fisher
Kelly
Bass
Ruutu
Neil
Volchenkov
Phillips
Smith
Shubert
Donovan
McAmmond

What Im sayin is, we have plenty of grit and leadership. I believe the locker room problem has been solved for the most part, so people can stop working "character guys" into trade proposals. I really dont think the Rangers are going to have what the Senators are looking for, and while Vermette isnt a superstar, its going to take more than a few fourth liners.
Fair enough. If Vermette is demanding a trade, what do the Senators need? Goaltending?

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 06:25 PM
gaglinefan

Vermette

What do you think about Paul Mara, Michael DZ and 3/4 liner?? Serviceable Dman who might flourish, great prospect #1 pick, NHL player, gets us Vermette and cap space. We bring up next best from Hartford. Thoughts?

Last edited by gaglinefan: 07-12-2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Just thinkin
gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaglinefan View Post
What do you think about Paul Mara, Michael DZ and 3/4 liner?? Serviceable Dman who might flourish, great prospect #1 pick, NHL player, gets us Vermette and cap space. We bring up next best from Hartford. Thoughts?
Overpayment. You can bet DZ isn't going anywhere unless it's in a package for a franchise player, same with Sangs I'd imagine.

Plus, trading Mara would seriously damage our reputation with UFA's. The guy took a serious pay cut to play here and then Slats moves him? That's just asking for trouble.

Old
07-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
I like the kid but wouldn't give up too much.. especially not a dman. Maybe Dawes and a draft pick.

Carlos Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Potter, 2nd, Hollweg, and Rissmiller. for Vermette. I dont want to trade prucha because i feel petr will have a breakout season.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vermette for hollweg, straight up.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Nekz
Let's Go Rangers!

Send a message via AIM to Nekz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
Potter, 2nd, Hollweg, and Rissmiller.
I laughed.

Nekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
I like the kid but wouldn't give up too much.. especially not a dman. Maybe Dawes and a draft pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
Potter, 2nd, Hollweg, and Rissmiller. for Vermette. I dont want to trade prucha because i feel petr will have a breakout season.
The trade would have to involve Prucha. There's just no way we'd clear enough cap space to sign Vermette if Prucha wasn't involved. Remember, Vermette is rumored to be looking for upwards of 3.5 mil per season.

Personally, I don't think Vermette is in the cards for us. We just don't make good trading partners with Ottawa. I think if he's available, they should try to make a play for Radulov by offering Prucha + mid prospect or a pick. Fits under the cap and when he runs back to Russia next season it's okay because we wouldn't be able to afford him anyway.

Naslund - Gomez - Dawes
Zherdev - Drury - Radulov

Then next season, Radulov walks and Cherepanov slips right into his place.

Old
07-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoZ View Post
I laughed.
haha, yeah i couldnt really care-less if we got him or not. i think petr prucha is better when he is on. no point in getting him in my opinion

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote