HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Dubinsky/Dawes/Staal are very underrated

Old
07-13-2008, 12:48 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFPatUSC View Post
He reminds me more of Mark Recchi than either of them.

I think Recchi's post 93-94 goal totals are what you can expect from Dawes over his career - mostly high 20's with a few 30 goal years sprinkled in here and there. Dawes will never post the amount of Assists that Recchi did though.
i hope he doesnt turn into modern day recchi. he sucks ass.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 12:51 AM
TrojanRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
i hope he doesnt turn into modern day recchi. he sucks ass.
I lol'd

I don't think we gotta worry about that unless Dawes ages 16 years in the off season

TrojanRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 01:17 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFPatUSC View Post
I lol'd

I don't think we gotta worry about that unless Dawes ages 16 years in the off season
i heard his off-season plan was eat twinkies and just watch re-runs of seinfeld...

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 02:34 AM
Unk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
i heard his off-season plan was eat twinkies and just watch re-runs of seinfeld...
Sounds like my off-season!

Anyway, I could see Dawes sticking around for the medium term future. I'd imagine some time in the future Drury might be pushed to wing because of Dubinsky and Anisimov (but this isn't the place to debate the merits of that) but the team doesn't seem to have too many legit top-6 LW prospects atm, so I think Dawes will stick around. It just doesn't make sense to trade him since he can play w/ our #1 center.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 06:28 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i really like all of these players....i just dont know if dubinsky AND dawes will be around for more than a couple more years....with younger, cheaper players coming up, who maybe more skilled in their positions they may be pushed down the depth charts or traded......(not saying i want it to happen but just looking at the math)
I agree about Dawes, but, I'm not seeing the "younger, cheaper players coming up, who may be more skilled in their positions" in the organization that will cause him to be pushed down on the depth chart. Dubsinky is a unique talent within this organization. He is the one legitimate young player the Rangers have with the ability to become a top six PF at center. The only other player with that ability is Grachev, and he's a wing. I love AA, but, he doesn't project as that type of player. On a team supposedly lacking toughness and grit, I fail to see how Dubinsky is replaceable with a younger, cheaper alternative.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 06:30 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
Sounds like my off-season!

Anyway, I could see Dawes sticking around for the medium term future. I'd imagine some time in the future Drury might be pushed to wing because of Dubinsky and Anisimov (but this isn't the place to debate the merits of that) but the team doesn't seem to have too many legit top-6 LW prospects atm, so I think Dawes will stick around. It just doesn't make sense to trade him since he can play w/ our #1 center.
How about if you get an upgrade? I don't see a problem trading Dawes if he goes for a better top six forward.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 06:58 AM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 920
I can easily agree on Staal being underrated. In a few years he'll be a superstar in the league. Dubinsky is my second favorite Ranger going into next season, but I still have to be convinced of his production rate without Jagr. I'm not sure what to think of Dawes because he only turns into a scoring machine against my team

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote