HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT- Alcine fight.

Old
07-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Duff88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
Santos just wanted it more, Alcine wasn't really in the fight, was too defensive, and feared Santos power and speed. Santos was waiting at the beginning, cause he didn't know if Alcine was hitting hard or not. After that he just threw some explosive series of punch that finally were more efficient than Alcine.

Yes Alcine won a title, but I remember back then when he fought that little guy, to me it was a split decision... but hey, I'm not a corrupted boxing judge either, so...

His first defense, was painful to watch, he won again, but it was close, and the guy wasn't a top flight contender...

Anyway, Alcine will rebound, but I'm not sure he'll ever win a title.

Bute is the real deal, but he will face another real deal, Andrade... while he lost to Kessler, damn this guy is made of steel... can't wait to see this fight, but damn those pesky presentation and pre-fight show on SRC are annoying as hell. WAAAYYYYY too long and biased to be of any interest...

Also, I like how Diaconu is underrated... this guy is a beast
You think the SRC boxing specials are bad? Interboxe's, and therefor Bute's, fights are on TVA, which provides incredibly bad coverage. For Bute's last two fights, TVA had comedian Guillaume Lemay-Thivierge as a commentator in a publicity stunt for what was an upcoming boxing film of his, and he knew nothing about boxing but kept on trying to be in the spotlight. All fight long, all they were trying to do is talk about the stars in the crowd and how boxing had become so jet-set.

Give me SRC's biased coverage any day of the week, and on weekends.

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Clumsyhab

I was at the Uniprix Stadium last night. The atmosphere was GREAT. Funny part was when they announced the celebrities in the attendance, everyone got booed (businessmen, politicians). The only one who got cheered was Calvillo, Latendresse (lots of Gui Gui Gui), GSP and Bute who got the biggest pop.

Last edited by Clumsyhab: 07-12-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 05:05 PM
DrMailloux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
You think the SRC boxing specials are bad? Interboxe's, and therefor Bute's, fights are on TVA, which provides incredibly bad coverage. For Bute's last two fights, TVA had comedian Guillaume Lemay-Thivierge as a commentator in a publicity stunt for what was an upcoming boxing film of his, and he knew nothing about boxing but kept on trying to be in the spotlight. All fight long, all they were trying to do is talk about the stars in the crowd and how boxing had become so jet-set.

Give me SRC's biased coverage any day of the week, and on weekends.
Yeah, well its always fun to ***** about the coverage in any sport, i agree with you, tva coverage is a real pain in the ass, thivierge is a good actor but knows nothing about boxing and their unorthodox camera movement make it hard to follow the action, at least src has some ppl that know what boxing is all about, unfortunatly, Mario Langlois (who is great at what he does) was not there i don't know why they used the janitor as a replacement . Bernard barre is always fun to listen, i don't understand why he isn't a coach. This is what GYM needs, a friggin coach that can get the most out of their fighter and make them progress faster.

DrMailloux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

you guys are arguing over coverage that is given to you FREE!

any other championship fight and you have to pay for PPV.

you expect top of the line for free coverage?

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
you guys are arguing over coverage that is given to you FREE!

any other championship fight and you have to pay for PPV.

you expect top of the line for free coverage?
Not necessarily top of the line, but something decent would be fun at least, I agree TVA are very bad, but yesterday was just so long and boring, damn get on with the friggin fight !

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
Not necessarily top of the line, but something decent would be fun at least, I agree TVA are very bad, but yesterday was just so long and boring, damn get on with the friggin fight !
i must say the in ring presentation took forever. I felt like turning it off and falling asleep right away

Old
07-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
i must say the in ring presentation took forever. I felt like turning it off and falling asleep right away
Yeah me too, was switching channels all the time, when finally they began the presentation of the boxers... but as I thought everything was ok for the fight to begin, NO the announcer throw something, don't know what, switched channel again...

Bah, anyway, like you said, it was free, so gotta make up with the trash...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 02:00 AM
jiboy
Patience

Joachin Hallucine is a tool.

He's a good story (haitian) willing to help his communitiy and Yvon Michel know that since the beginning. He is a weak boxer who's lacking killer instinct, he got there by inflating his record by fighting awful boxer that he would hardly beat.

He is not that bad but there are a tons of Joachin Alcine skill-wise. He got poonihilated and that's sad for him, because once GYM is done with him he'll get to see where his true friends are, and that's going to hurt.

jiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Did you guys know that Alcine never watch his opponents on tapes? That's not really an intelligent thing to do. I think he's too easy going to be a champion.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:36 AM
Haddock

Where's his god now?

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Where's his god now?
The light is gone

Alcine is always funny in interviews...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Russeltown

Again, I've paid to see the event live, and the locals lose.

Russel

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

I've never been a fan of the GYM organisation boxers. Seeing Alcine fall kinda made me smile. Go Lucian Bute!!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Russeltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
I've never been a fan of the GYM organisation boxers. Seeing Alcine fall kinda made me smile. Go Lucian Bute!!

Whether he's from GYM or Interbox, he's still an home-made boxer and was holding a WBA belt. I think he deserves more respect than that, whether you like the organization or not.

But that's just my opinion...

Old
07-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post

Whether he's from GYM or Interbox, he's still an home-made boxer and was holding a WBA belt. I think he deserves more respect than that, whether you like the organization or not.

But that's just my opinion...
so? noone is obliged to cheer for the home talent. IP doesnt like Alcine, so be it, he is allowed to pull for whoever he wants.

I chose the Montreal Canadiens, others choose the Boston Bruins, it happens.

It has nothing to do with respect.

Old
07-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Russeltown

Quote:
so? noone is obliged to cheer for the home talent. IP doesnt like Alcine, so be it, he is allowed to pull for whoever he wants.

I chose the Montreal Canadiens, others choose the Boston Bruins, it happens.

It has nothing to do with respect.
I think there's a difference to do between a boxer and a hockey team, Jaydee! It's not a matter of preference, it's a matter of pride and of respect. In my honest opinion, you can't say... I'm glad he god knocked out because I don't like his allegiance to the GYM group. It's just not correct. You can not like him, but please don't be glad if he loses a championship, because of that. Boxers put so much energies, time and pride to fight... especially the right ones... that they deserve more than that.

I just think to amateur athletes, like Adam Van Koeverden. If he doesn't win a gold medal, I won't be proud that he didn't reach his goal!

Well, as I said, that's my opinion. I don't pretend that I'm right! It's just what I think.

Old
07-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post
I think there's a difference to do between a boxer and a hockey team, Jaydee! It's not a matter of preference, it's a matter of pride and of respect. In my honest opinion, you can't say... I'm glad he god knocked out because I don't like his allegiance to the GYM group. It's just not correct. You can not like him, but please don't be glad if he loses a championship, because of that. Boxers put so much energies, time and pride to fight... especially the right ones... that they deserve more than that.

I just think to amateur athletes, like Adam Van Koeverden. If he doesn't win a gold medal, I won't be proud that he didn't reach his goal!

Well, as I said, that's my opinion. I don't pretend that I'm right! It's just what I think.

your allowed to think that, but you cant tell someone he has no respect because he's happy Alcine lost. It's his right to cheer for any boxer, weather he be from Montreal, Koujouak or the island of Malta.

Noone is obliged to go for or respect the local talent.

Old
07-13-2008, 12:26 PM
znk

Quote:
your allowed to think that, but you cant tell someone he has no respect because he's happy Alcine lost. It's his right to cheer for any boxer, weather he be from Montreal, Koujouak or the island of Malta.

Noone is obliged to go for or respect the local talent.
I think you can. People who are happy about such a thing are people who want to be proven right. It's like someone being happy Latendress fails because they've been sayint all along. In those cases you should be happy to be proven wrong and disapointed to be proven right. These kind of attitudes are very revealing.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I think you can. People who are happy about such a thing are people who want to be proven right. It's like someone being happy Latendress fails because they've been sayint all along. In those cases you should be happy to be proven wrong and disapointed to be proven right.
its not the same really because Lats can fail while the team still succeeds.
Alcine fails, means he loses, which in turn means people who dislike him are happy.
I dislike the leafs and bruins, when they lose I'm happy.
You'll say, its a team, its different, well in UFC, I dislike Josh Koscheck, When he loses I'm very happy.

again, noone is obliged to like a fighter, even if he is local talent.

Old
07-13-2008, 12:33 PM
znk

Quote:
its not the same really because Lats can fail while the team still succeeds.
Alcine fails, means he loses, which in turn means people who dislike him are happy.
I dislike the leafs and bruins, when they lose I'm happy.
You'll say, its a team, its different, well in UFC, I dislike Josh Koscheck, When he loses I'm very happy.

again, noone is obliged to like a fighter, even if he is local talent.
And why do you dislike Alcine?

Old
07-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
And why do you dislike Alcine?
i dont dislike Alcine.
I wanted him to win.

I just dont find it right that Russel says IP has no respect because he doesnt cheer for Alcine.

Old
07-13-2008, 12:43 PM
znk

Quote:
i dont dislike Alcine.
I wanted him to win.

I just dont find it right that Russel says IP has no respect because he doesnt cheer for Alcine.
Well the motiviations are kind of obvious in this case.....I'm pretty sure it's not because he's a fan of Daniel Santos.

Old
07-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Well the motiviations are kind of obvious in this case.....I'm pretty sure it's not because he's a fan of Daniel Santos.
I agree that he's probably not a fan of Santos but he still doesnt have to cheer for Alcine.

Old
07-13-2008, 01:19 PM
wolves019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
+1 Alicine is a good guy...but a moron in the ring

wolves019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Russeltown

Quote:
i dont dislike Alcine.
I wanted him to win.

Just to make it clear, I said that Alcine deserves more repsect than that. I never said that IP "no respect because he doesnt cheer for Alcine".