HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Vacation

Old
07-13-2008, 02:40 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
OT: Vacation

hey guys and girls, i am currently looking to take a trip over my winter vacation to somewhere in europe with my girlfriend. i was wondering if anyone has any sort of experience with this and any information woul dbe helpful as i have never done anything like this......also, i am on a budget so i cant go crazy but any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. thanks

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
hey guys and girls, i am currently looking to take a trip over my winter vacation to somewhere in europe with my girlfriend. i was wondering if anyone has any sort of experience with this and any information woul dbe helpful as i have never done anything like this......also, i am on a budget so i cant go crazy but any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Go to Amsterdam...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
What kind of things are you looking to do? What interests you and your girlfriend? Sights? Architecture? Food? Partying?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 03:04 PM
NYR Viper

most likely sight-seeing, architecture, good food......we arent really large partiers by ourselves

Old
07-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
most likely sight-seeing, architecture, good food......we arent really large partiers by ourselves
I think the easy answer to that one is Italy. I had the opportunity to go back in high school. Absolutely beautiful place and you certainly can't beat the food.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 03:27 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I think the easy answer to that one is Italy. I had the opportunity to go back in high school. Absolutely beautiful place and you certainly can't beat the food.
yea, i had that at the top of my list.....kinda wanna go to ireland as well....i hear the natural sights are awesome

Old
07-13-2008, 03:49 PM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
I would recommend Spain. Stay in B&Bs and bring your camera. I'm in Madrid right now (Posuelo) after a day trip to Toledo. If you like taking travel photos Toledo will blow your mind. We were in Pamplona for 2 days (Mad town), but great spectacle. Afterwards we drove to Zarautz in the mountainous region bordering France and stayed in a B&B waaay up in the mountains and went down to the sandy beach with great waves for surfing and paraglyding (if you do those things, we don't). Drove down the coast to Santander (one of the best kept secrets in the world) where we stayed at Chiqui hotel on the boardwalk for approx EUR100. Think of it as a poor man's Montecarlo. If you like the night life I recommend Barcelona. You will NEVER forget it! Have fun!

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Smashley

Are you (or both of you...) a student?

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 05:34 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
Are you (or both of you...) a student?
yes, we are

Old
07-13-2008, 05:35 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
I would recommend Spain. Stay in B&Bs and bring your camera. I'm in Madrid right now (Posuelo) after a day trip to Toledo. If you like taking travel photos Toledo will blow your mind. We were in Pamplona for 2 days (Mad town), but great spectacle. Afterwards we drove to Zarautz in the mountainous region bordering France and stayed in a B&B waaay up in the mountains and went down to the sandy beach with great waves for surfing and paraglyding (if you do those things, we don't). Drove down the coast to Santander (one of the best kept secrets in the world) where we stayed at Chiqui hotel on the boardwalk for approx EUR100. Think of it as a poor man's Montecarlo. If you like the night life I recommend Barcelona. You will NEVER forget it! Have fun!
wow.....that sounds awesome!!....if you dont mind me asking, how much in total was your trip?

Old
07-13-2008, 06:03 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:

come to Scotland lots of sites to see the weather aside you may see the loch ness monster haha

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 07:18 PM
HoosierDaddy

The B&B in Zarauts cost about EUR70 (with a couple of extra cots for the kids). We did a home exchange with a family in Posuelo (college profesor) so we normally don't pay for lodging as we exhange homes and cars. This year we've been a bit more adventureous. Oh, the hotel in Pamplona (San Fermin Hotel) cost about 80-90 EUR. But that's for double rooms (kids). Our flights are really cheap (Ryan Air) so we basically spend our money on dining out, driving to various destinations. If you want more info you can PM me. Right now I'm off to bed

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
If you're outdoorsy/skiing types you can do a ski trip from lodge to lodge in the Swiss Alps for not too much $$$. When is your winter vacation?

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Smashley

Quote:
yes, we are
http://www.studentuniverse.com

Trust me, I worked at dunkin donuts with a kid years ago who had a gf studying abroad in france, he would go visit her once a month on a DD salary through this site. Its an excellent resource, all you have to do is show them the documentation they want and you get a huge break. I tell everyone (thats a student) about this site.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 12:48 AM
NYR Viper

wow guys/girls....thanks a lot for all your help....i like all the ideas, i just wish i was rich so i could do them all......makes me want to just travel like some kids do.....but im too poor!!