HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Top 10 Prospects ?

Old
07-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anod View Post
Don't Forget Mike Duco. He probably has a good chance under Peter Deboer, seeing as he did so well with Kitchener scoring goals and being an agitator. Also JM talked very higfhly of him.

Also JM talks very highly about Jason Garrison and him possibly making the team.
good call Anod... I would probably put Duco in my 15. I REALLY like Duco, can't believe I forgot about him.

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Sports24-7

The good news after reading through this thread is that there is some nice depth in the system for the first time in a while.

Sports24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 04:52 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
McArdle played in the ECHL towards the end of the year. Whilst that was said to be playoff experience, his Offensive production in the AHL was very average. Since being drafted, McArdle has not gone on a development cruve that we had hoped. His Offensive numbers never improved on his draft year (Always a warning sign on a Prospect). He projects to be a Bottom line forward, but he is quite a long way from that. On pure potential, Dadonov, LaPoint, Jenks are now ahead of McArdle.
He was never supposed to be a scorer, he is supposed to be a 3rd line energy guy. McArdle never quits, I think he is a safe prospect.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 05:14 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGP View Post
He was never supposed to be a scorer, he is supposed to be a 3rd line energy guy. McArdle never quits, I think he is a safe prospect.
Prospects who are projected to be 3rd liners in the NHL still usually continue a development curve in Juniors. Often they dominate in their 19-20 year old seasons.

McArdle was drafted after a great draft year. It turned out to be his best year offensively. Now prospects generally improve their Offensive production as age continues in Juniors (Often why a draft class for most teams looks good a 1-2 years afterwards, before they have gone pro). McArdle's offensive numbers took a massive noise dive. I don't care what you are projected to be, that is an incredibly worrying stat. Gregory Campbell had a better development curve to McArdle. If you don't improve in Juniors you tend to not make it. Stewart is a similar case, he never progressed in Juniors from his draft year.

McArdle played some games in ECHL. Very few successful NHL players do that. The excuse that he was sent down for playoff experience is weak to me. Either way, he did nothing of note in the ECHL playoffs. Ryan O'Marra has taken a very similar path to McArdle so far, and is projected to be a similar player . I doubt either become anything at this point.

Oh, and when McArdle was drafted, i assume the Panthers saw him as more than just a 3rd line player, otherwise they would not have traded up for him. His draft year production was excellent. It signalled better things to come.

McArdle is not a safe prospect. Just because his upside is limited, does not mean he becomes a safe prospect. There is a massive difference between playing in the ECHL and becoming a useful bottom line forward. At this point, he is anything but safe.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 05:36 PM
sabrefan27

As someone who has seen him play quite a bit, McArdle is still a solid prospect. He had a pretty bad injury 10 games into his rookie year. By the time he came back the team was miserable and it was a terrible situation. I think he'll rebound nicely this year.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Personally I see alot of David Booth in McArdle

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Sorry I havent started a poll yet. Im sick at home. If someone else wants to start off the Top 10 Prospects poll go ahead

Mogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 01:43 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Sorry I havent started a poll yet. Im sick at home. If someone else wants to start off the Top 10 Prospects poll go ahead
That would make more sense if you had said "I was too busy nailing a chick from Helsinki".

Being sick at home, well, what an average excuse.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
That would make more sense if you had said "I was too busy nailing a chick from Helsinki".

Being sick at home, well, what an average excuse.
I wish... have to settle on some Vantaa booty

Mogo is online now   Reply With Quote