HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would it cost to get Radulov

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-13-2008, 02:56 PM
  #26
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Are you guys seriously discussing giving significant assets to another team for a player who has made it clear he wants to play in Russia, has already signed a contract there, is unlikely to be forced to come back to the NHL this season, would likely be disgruntled if he is, has already proven that he's willing to break a contract, and will want far more than we will be able to pay him (and Zherdev and Dubi, and Cally) at the end of next season?

Seriously, Korpikoski and a 3rd round pick for 1 year of Radulov, if you're lucky?
Actually, I'd do Prucha and a 3rd for one year of Radulov, with the hope that, with Zherdev here, and possibly AA and Cherepanov here, he'd be less inclined to run back to Russia.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 03:27 PM
  #27
BrianLeetch2
Registered User
 
BrianLeetch2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toms River NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 694
vCash: 803
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Actually, I'd do Prucha and a 3rd for one year of Radulov, with the hope that, with Zherdev here, and possibly AA and Cherepanov here, he'd be less inclined to run back to Russia.
i would also but i doubt nashville would

BrianLeetch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 03:39 PM
  #28
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,439
vCash: 50
Doubt you get Radulov for Prucha and a 3rd... but Prucha + lower prospect (ie: Sauer, Moore, etc) + a conditional pick might be closer. If he's only around for 1 year maybe the pick is only a third, but Nashville is going to have to save some face by bringing back the potential of at least a 1st rounder if he stays for more than 1 year.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 03:42 PM
  #29
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLeetch2 View Post
i would also but i doubt nashville would

Here's the question...knowing he wants out of Nashville, what is his value? What team is going to give up assets to get him for one year, and hope he has a change of heart? There are other markets that might be appealing, (such as Montreal). But, which team is willing to give up assets, that are also a team he might consider foregoing a return to Russia. The Rangers at least have the attraction of 1) one of his "best friends" in Zherdev being here, along with 2) other fellow countrymen on the way. And, to be honest, they have excess assets at the NHL level. "What is his value" is the key question.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 04:15 PM
  #30
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,408
vCash: 500
i see his value as being extraordinarily low.....i agree a conditional pick will have to be included if he resigns but it would be a 2010 pick.....not a 2009......maybe something like

prucha
moore
3rd rounder
conditional 2nd if he resigns

or something along those lines

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 06:03 PM
  #31
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,052
vCash: 500
the guy has bolted for another country....you guys want to give up 2, 3, 4 assets for a guy who bolted for another country in the hopes that ALL of the following things happen?
1)the khl rips up his contract
2)he comes crawling back to play another year, before possibly bolting back to russia
3)he actually performs at a high level despite being forced to play here
4)he changes his mind because we bend over backwards to accomodate him.


Are you guys frikkin kidding me?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 06:15 PM
  #32
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,439
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
the guy has bolted for another country....you guys want to give up 2, 3, 4 assets for a guy who bolted for another country in the hopes that ALL of the following things happen?
1)the khl rips up his contract
2)he comes crawling back to play another year, before possibly bolting back to russia
3)he actually performs at a high level despite being forced to play here
4)he changes his mind because we bend over backwards to accomodate him.


Are you guys frikkin kidding me?
In regard to (1) and (2), I don't think anyone is proposing making a trade UNLESS the KHL contract is voided and he returns to the NHL, in such a case him remaining with Nashville is unlikely, and I expect him to be dealt at far less than equal value (at the least I am not, as I already mentioned).

In regard to point (3) and (4), we have too many players/prospects for a limited number of spots. It would be awesome if NHL teams ran 5 or 6 forward lines, and prucha, moore, rismiller, voros, and our other glut of bottom line players/ready prospects could all play on our team at the same time. As it stand this is not the case. Giving up a few of these spare parts and a lower pick for one year of a talent like Radulov is a move that you make every day of the week, especially when that type of player conforms perfectly to the biggest current hole in your 2008-2009 lineup, a top 6 winger.

If he walks after 2008-2009, too bad, you've lost some of your spare parts, but the core of the team moving forward is in no way impacted. Even if he still flees to Russia after 2008-2009, the added benefit is you now retain his NHL rights; if the KHL fails, you've got a superb talent.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 07:31 PM
  #33
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
In regard to (1) and (2), I don't think anyone is proposing making a trade UNLESS the KHL contract is voided and he returns to the NHL, in such a case him remaining with Nashville is unlikely, and I expect him to be dealt at far less than equal value (at the least I am not, as I already mentioned).

In regard to point (3) and (4), we have too many players/prospects for a limited number of spots. It would be awesome if NHL teams ran 5 or 6 forward lines, and prucha, moore, rismiller, voros, and our other glut of bottom line players/ready prospects could all play on our team at the same time. As it stand this is not the case. Giving up a few of these spare parts and a lower pick for one year of a talent like Radulov is a move that you make every day of the week, especially when that type of player conforms perfectly to the biggest current hole in your 2008-2009 lineup, a top 6 winger.

If he walks after 2008-2009, too bad, you've lost some of your spare parts, but the core of the team moving forward is in no way impacted. Even if he still flees to Russia after 2008-2009, the added benefit is you now retain his NHL rights; if the KHL fails, you've got a superb talent.
Its a massive risk. Id rather move our spare parts to Hartford and help a seriously depleted team down there than take a gigantic risk on a guy who was willing to walk out on a signed contract to another country, and will ONLY be here if the NHL threatens the IIHF. Why give up anything for him at all? maybe like a conditional 2nd rounder only, with the condition being we sign him or something, but im not interested in giving up prucha, or really anyone for a guy who doesnt want to be in the NHL.

I want guys who have had to bust their ass, like a Prucha, who has paid his dues, and wants badly to be a Ranger, and an NHLer.


Screw Radulov.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 07:38 PM
  #34
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Its a massive risk. Id rather move our spare parts to Hartford and help a seriously depleted team down there than take a gigantic risk on a guy who was willing to walk out on a signed contract to another country, and will ONLY be here if the NHL threatens the IIHF. Why give up anything for him at all? maybe like a conditional 2nd rounder only, with the condition being we sign him or something, but im not interested in giving up prucha, or really anyone for a guy who doesnt want to be in the NHL.

I want guys who have had to bust their ass, like a Prucha, who has paid his dues, and wants badly to be a Ranger, and an NHLer.


Screw Radulov.
Yup, nothing like seeing a player who wants to be a Ranger getting his head taken off, because he still has poor ice awareness.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:02 PM
  #35
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,439
vCash: 50
Quote:
Id rather move our spare parts to Hartford and help a seriously depleted team down there than take a gigantic risk
Hartford may be depleted defensively, but we're getting to the point where offensively, the younger guys who need ice time to develop are being held back by the Jessimans and the Moores. There's only so much ice time to go around, and quite frankly we have too many bodies for too few positions.

If you can find a better target to turn our quantity into quality that'd be great, but these opportunities don't grow in tree. A Radulov move (assuming he returns for 2008-2009) allows us to free up some space so Pyatt, Dupont, Hillier, etc (the younger players in Hartford) can develop.

As far as the risk goes, giving up Prucha, Moore, + a pick is very little risk. You need to look at it as acquiring 1 year of Radulov. That price for a year of Radulov is still slanted in our favor. If he stays longer, by all means, awesome, but such a cost would be worth it even for one season. If it makes it feel better, think of it as an early deadline rental.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 09:53 PM
  #36
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,149
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
the guy has bolted for another country....you guys want to give up 2, 3, 4 assets for a guy who bolted for another country in the hopes that ALL of the following things happen?
1)the khl rips up his contract
2)he comes crawling back to play another year, before possibly bolting back to russia
3)he actually performs at a high level despite being forced to play here
4)he changes his mind because we bend over backwards to accomodate him.


Are you guys frikkin kidding me?
Excellent point. I don't want any part of Radulov. I have no idea with our history why our fans would want a guy like this.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 10:43 PM
  #37
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Hartford may be depleted defensively, but we're getting to the point where offensively, the younger guys who need ice time to develop are being held back by the Jessimans and the Moores. There's only so much ice time to go around, and quite frankly we have too many bodies for too few positions.

If you can find a better target to turn our quantity into quality that'd be great, but these opportunities don't grow in tree. A Radulov move (assuming he returns for 2008-2009) allows us to free up some space so Pyatt, Dupont, Hillier, etc (the younger players in Hartford) can develop.

As far as the risk goes, giving up Prucha, Moore, + a pick is very little risk. You need to look at it as acquiring 1 year of Radulov. That price for a year of Radulov is still slanted in our favor. If he stays longer, by all means, awesome, but such a cost would be worth it even for one season. If it makes it feel better, think of it as an early deadline rental.
The guy doesnt want to be here...period. I dont care if its Cherepanov, Zherdev, or Radulov. If you dont want to be here, GTFO because i dont want you on my team.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 11:33 PM
  #38
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,408
vCash: 500
idk, if he has to come back he might like NYC....playing with his good friend....seeing that players like anisimov, cheraponov, grachev arent too far away and having leaders like gomez, drury in the locker room and an all-star goalie.....he might just want to stay....if it were for a couple prospects, like jessiman and moore who probably dont rule into the teams future then i would pull the trigger....his skill is insane and he plays the side we need.....even if its one year, its not like he would just sulk, as he is trying to raise his value

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.