HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shannahan rumored to sign in KLH Russia

Old
07-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Nemchinov13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
wow is playing for Atlanta or Edmonton really worse than Siberia?
Ignorance is a bliss.

St Petersburg is not Siberia. If St. Pete was in US, it would've been the 3rd largest city behind metro NY and metro LA. With classic European architecture and better cultural life.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemchinov13 View Post
Ignorance is a bliss.

St Petersburg is not Siberia. If St. Pete was in US, it would've been the 3rd largest city behind metro NY and metro LA. With classic European architecture and better cultural life.
St. Pete is on my top 5 list of places I'd love to visit.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
St. Pete is on my top 5 list of places I'd love to visit.
Thank you for including one of my favorite cities into your list. I've visited it 3 times, and loved it each and every time. The city has so many palaces and canals, you'd think you're in a larger version of Venice. And visit it during summer time. You'll experience what they call white nights - nights without darkness. Basically, it's almost as light outside as it is during the day.

Also, check out Peter's Palaces (Petergoff in German) - the palace complex of Peter The Great outside of the city itself - it's huge and has more fountains (and in different formations) than pretty much any other place on Earth. Even the proud and chauvinistic French have called it the Russian Versailles.

Old
07-13-2008, 09:46 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Thank you for including one of my favorite cities into your list. I've visited it 3 times, and loved it each and every time. The city has so many palaces and canals, you'd think you're in a larger version of Venice. And visit it during summer time. You'll experience what they call white nights - nights without darkness. Basically, it's almost as light outside as it is during the day.

Also, check out Peter's Palaces (Petergoff in German) - the palace complex of Peter The Great outside of the city itself - it's huge and has more fountains (and in different formations) than pretty much any other place on Earth. Even the proud and chauvinistic French have called it the Russian Versailles.
I don't mean at all to be rude, but for those who are interested, I BELIEVE that auf Deutsch, it would actually be Peterhof.

http://www.saint-petersburg.com/virt...r/peterhof.asp

I would love to see it myself.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I don't mean at all to be rude, but for those who are interested, I BELIEVE that auf Deutsch, it would actually be Peterhof.

http://www.saint-petersburg.com/virt...r/peterhof.asp

I would love to see it myself.
Thank you. I've spelled it completely phonetically. Peterhof was the original name of the place when it was built (completed after the death of Peter I The Great), but in the Soviet times, the place was renamed into the Russian translation of Peterhof - Petrodvoretz.

Last edited by Nemchinov13: 07-13-2008 at 09:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
07-13-2008, 10:19 PM
The Thomas J.*

Now I'm hearing Shanny to the Habs.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 10:37 PM
newyorkrangers11

if shanny continues to play it will absolutely not be in Russia.

HE IS NORTH AMERICAN... why would he go to russia? ever?

ridiculous, Eklund or what?

newyorkrangers11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 10:44 PM
squishy

Quote:

Seconded. I've only been once, and it was over a decade ago now, but i remains number one on my list of places to return. Even in the mid 90s, when it was just starting to pull itself out of the post-Soviet doldrums, it was an incredibly beautiful city. And I'd also recommend the trip out to Peterhof, and would add Catherine's Palace to the list of imperial palaces to visit as well.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:

Thanks for the great info. I'll be sure to do that if I'm ever able to make it there.

I'd really love to do a Scandinavian trek and work my way from Iceland to St Petersburgh in like 3 weeks or a month.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote