HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Speculation: Trade coming?

Old
07-13-2008, 07:46 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Speculation: Trade coming?

Does anyone else here speculate that Gainey maybe preparing for a trade?

We are very deep in defense prospects as it is, but Gainey has went out and signed Henry, trades for Belle (Locke trade) and also got Greg Pateryn in trade as well (Grabovski trade).

In order to dump a salary like Dandenault to open up cap space and to free up a roster spot it is my thinking that we maybe packaging Dandy along with on of our defense prospects. I think that is the only way you get Dandy off the books, unless he goes to Hamilton.

I know Eklund has said today that Gainey is working on cap space as well, and that Sundin will be a Hab by weeks end.

I was thinking this before the above mentioned person said anything.

Anyone else speculate why all the Dmen in trade recently...it isn't exactly a weak point in our team or prospect area.

Thoughts? Ideas? Rumours?

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 07:48 PM
CritZ

I believe that yes Gainey is on something, if he has some sort of sign that Sundin joins Habs.

CritZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:00 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

I'd be willing to package Dandy with a prospect, simply to get Dandy off the books.. Depends which prospect, obviously but you get my drift.

I don't see a massive deal coming on or anything, but I do see Sundin coming to us for some reason.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Magic33

i want to wake up soon and see "Dandy traded to ____"

that way i know a certain someone is most probably on the way

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:02 PM
ed ible*

Yep I heard that Gainey was wanting to trade Halak and 2nd rounder to Boston for Ryder!!!!!!!!!!

ed ible* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:04 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
I'd be willing to package Dandy with a prospect, simply to get Dandy off the books.. Depends which prospect, obviously but you get my drift.

I don't see a massive deal coming on or anything, but I do see Sundin coming to us for some reason.
I can live with maybe Valentenko, rights to Yemelin and/or maybe Carle/Weber going in a package, but please keep O'Byrne, McDonagh, Fischer and Subban!

Old
07-13-2008, 08:04 PM
CritZ

I would try to trade Chipchura, with Lapierre that has shown good things, i think Chip can be thrown in a deal.

CritZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Absolutely don't 'cause everytime we thought that some moves meant a trade it actually didn't. I see what we did just as what it's suppose to mean. Henry, Belle just d-prospects to replace what we had in Hamilton that won't be coming back. Pateryn was brought in 'cause Timmins liked him and wasn't able to get him.

Even if Dandenault is traded, I would still see it as a way to please Dandenault who for sure will not want to be the #9 d-man or the 15th forward....

The only way that I'll think that Sundin or a trade is coming is when I'll see it...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:13 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritZ View Post
I would try to trade Chipchura, with Lapierre that has shown good things, i think Chip can be thrown in a deal.
Are you serious?

Lapierre is a horrible center in the NHL, outside of 4th line duties the only use I'd have for him is on the wing and we have far too much depth for him to be playing wing on this team. 4th line center.

Only reason i'd consider moving Chipchura is because he still a 1st round pick, and still has quite a bit of value for what he is. But I think any trade revolves around Dandy, maybe Bouillon or Begin... And thats to dump salary.

Old
07-13-2008, 08:13 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritZ View Post
Chip is way better than Lapierre for an overall game and leadership as well...I would rather say bye bye to Lappy.

Old
07-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Rapmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I can live with maybe Valentenko, rights to Yemelin and/or maybe Carle/Weber going in a package, but please keep O'Byrne, McDonagh, Fischer and Subban!
just send him to Hamilton

Rapmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Are you serious?

Lapierre is a horrible center in the NHL, outside of 4th line duties the only use I'd have for him is on the wing and we have far too much depth for him to be playing wing on this team. 4th line center.

Only reason i'd consider moving Chipchura is because he still a 1st round pick, and still has quite a bit of value for what he is. But I think any trade revolves around Dandy, maybe Bouillon or Begin... And thats to dump salary.
hes good on the pk too

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:22 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapmaster View Post
just send him to Hamilton
I think it is a respect thing, Gainey has class and wants to treat players the same way he was treated by the Habs.

Old
07-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

If Eklund is right, then Montreal should pull off a trade within a week.

Bold = key words.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:30 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Chip is way better than Lapierre for an overall game and leadership as well...I would rather say bye bye to Lappy.
Kyle Chipchura is way better than Lapierre for an overall game... ok there. Typical HFboards mentality. Lets just ignore that Lapierre is a better skater, isnt afraid to get involved in a game, and isnt a liability on faceoffs.

Anyways, there is no need to add a player to a deal in order to get Dandy off the cap... just send him down to the AHL and thats it end of story.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:42 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Kyle Chipchura is way better than Lapierre for an overall game... ok there. Typical HFboards mentality. Lets just ignore that Lapierre is a better skater, isnt afraid to get involved in a game, and isnt a liability on faceoffs.

Anyways, there is no need to add a player to a deal in order to get Dandy off the cap... just send him down to the AHL and thats it end of story.
Isn't a liability in faceoffs? If Lappy a guru???

What good is a speedy skater if you can't win faceoffs, can't or won't fight and has no hockey sense?

Typical HFboards mentality? I watch the game, played the game to a very high level and have seen players like Max come and go. They are a dime a dozen, if he was a Max Talbot I would agree...but Chip is more that mold, not Lappy.

Chip has offensive talent, can check and isn't afraid to get involved either. He has been a captain in junior, the WJC and many Hamilton players have said he was a great leader there as well in their Championship run as a rookie.

Chip is a better longterm Hab than that of Lappy.

Old
07-13-2008, 08:45 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:

What good is a speedy skater if you can't win faceoffs, can't or won't fight and has no hockey sense?

Typical HFboards mentality? I watch the game, played the game to a very high level and have seen players like Max come and go. They are a dime a dozen, if he was a Max Talbot I would agree...but Chip is more that mold, not Lappy.

Chip has offensive talent, can check and isn't afraid to get involved either. He has been a captain in junior, the WJC and many Hamilton players have said he was a great leader there as well in their Championship run as a rookie.

Where is Chipchura anyways?

Old
07-13-2008, 08:52 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:

Considering he had the same faceoff percentage as Plekenec... well I wont even continue that one.

Secondly, to say that Chipchura is more in the mold of a Max Talbot than Lapierre is utterly laughable. Chipchura demonstrated zero intensity or willingness to get involved during his half season in Montreal... he would check, but definately not hit. He looked exactly like Smolinski did. Same frame, same skating style, same head in the clouds approach. And where is this offensive talent you speak of... certainly not in the professional ranks.

Old
07-13-2008, 08:52 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Where is Chipchura anyways?
I think he's captaining Kelowna... right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Considering he had the same faceoff percentage as Plekenec... well I wont even continue that one.

Secondly, to say that Chipchura is more in the mold of a Max Talbot than Lapierre is utterly laughable. Chipchura demonstrated zero intensity or willingness to get involved during his half season in Montreal... he would check, but definately not hit. He looked exactly like Smolinski did. Same frame, same skating style, same head in the clouds approach. And where is this offensive talent you speak of... certainly not in the professional ranks.
Chipchura is better than Lapierre at every facet of the game other than skating. Which doesn't matter because Chipchura is always in position.

If Lapierre and Chipchura were playing 1 on 1, Chipchura would win. Even if Chips lost the face-off, which he's improving at, he'd get the puck back with his supreme hockey sense, his checking ability, his smarts and his unbeatability on the boards. Plus his general calmness. Chipchura has better hands, can control the puck better than Lapierre, can protect the puck better. Chipchura also has leadership up the wazoo. There's a reason Chipchura was selected as highly as he was and is reguarded as highly as he is the organization.

But yeah, you make more money than me or something, so you win.. or whatever.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-13-2008 at 09:27 PM.
WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:56 PM
onice

Quote:
Rejean Houle! is that you?

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I think he's captaining Kelowna... right?

WRONG!

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 09:00 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
WRONG!
Mind telling me who is?

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Iwishihadacup

Josh Gorges was Captain in kelowna from what my sources told me

Old
07-13-2008, 09:05 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Chipchura is better than Lapierre at every facet of the game other than skating. Which doesn't matter because Chipchura is always in position.

If Lapierre and Chipchura were playing 1 on 1, Chipchura would win. Even if Chips lost the face-off, which he's improving at, he'd get the puck back with his supreme hockey sense, his checking ability, his smarts and his unbeatability on the boards. Plus his general calmness. Chipchura has better hands, can control the puck better than Lapierre, can protect the puck better. Chipchura also has leadership up the wazoo. There's a reason Chipchura was selected as highly as he was and is reguarded as highly as he is the organization.

Yeah and Im sure youd be saying all of this had Chipchura been drafted in the 7th round by Ottawa.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-13-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old
07-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:

i actually second these thoughts

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-13-2008 at 09:28 PM.