HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT- Alcine fight.

Old
07-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
... IP doesnt like Alcine, so be it, he is allowed to pull for whoever he wants.
BTW, i never said i disliked Alcine, i just said "Seeing Alcine fall kinda made me smile.". Nothing more.

I just like Lucian Bute more and Eric Lucas who is head of the Interbox organisation. Alcine made me proud when he won that belt but his last fights were iffy at best and it made me think then that the belt was going to his head; something you dont see in Bute and Interbox because Stephan Larouche the trainer seems like a very grounded guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post
Just to make it clear, I said that Alcine deserves more repsect than that. ...
I respect him alright but his organisation does not have a clean slate. Yvon Michel has been accused by a lot of boxers of doing less than honest things in their backs, there was even a book that came out from a former boxer (Stéphane Ouellet) concerning GYM and Yvon Michel and it didnt paint a nice picture of him and GYM.

Last edited by Ice Poutine: 07-13-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 02:34 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
BTW, i never said i disliked Alcine, i just said "Seeing Alcine fall kinda made me smile.". Nothing more.

I just like Lucian Bute more and Eric Lucas who is head of the Interbox organisation. Alcine made me proud when he won that belt but his last fights were iffy at best and it made me think then that the belt was going to his head; something you dont see in Bute and Interbox because Stephan Larouche the trainer seems like a very grounded guy.

I respect him alright but his organisation does not have a clean slate. Yvon Michel has been accused by a lot of boxers of doing less than honest things in their backs, there was even a book that came out from a former boxer (Stéphane Ouellet) concerning GYM and Yvon Michel and it didnt paint a nice picture of him and GYM.
Would you have been disapointed if Alcine had managed a KO.
My self I dont have alot of confidence in that guy and I was pretty much expecting what happend. But I was disapointed to see this and i would have been exstatic to see him win in a way I did not expect.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Would you have been disapointed if Alcine had managed a KO.
My self I dont have alot of confidence in that guy and I was pretty much expecting what happend. But I was disapointed to see this and i would have been exstatic to see him win in a way I did not expect.
I would have been just as happy if he would have won, but i too was a bit uncertain especially against Santos. Alcine is good but he has to become more of a killer inside that ring and i blame his boxing coach for not trying to instill that in the guy.

Even if it isnt 'in you', you can still learn how to see an opening to finish a fight and pursue it until it gives results. Seizing the tactical advantage, that can be taught. Seems he needs to learn about it.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Delat

I think Alcine needed that in order to progress. Going backwards is sometimes the only way that permits an athlete to go foward after the facts. Alcine is not an elite boxer, he is a good boxer who deserves a world title in the hundreds of categories there is, but he needs a lot of upgrades in order to keep it, he got it from a weak Travis Simms he faced. He can win against Santos some day but needs more discipline and more anger. He needs to work on his training like every boxer does. Jean Pascal has to be the best for GYM in order to remove pressure from Alcine, then he will perform better. I'm pretty sure Bute will beat Andrade, I can't wait for the fight.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote