HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

ellerby

Old
07-10-2008, 11:05 PM
melubsdonna

vCash: 500
ellerby

Hey, do you guys see ellerby making your squad this year? if not, how far away would u say he is? what is his immediate impact going to be like and what is his maximum potential?

melubsdonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 01:04 AM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by melubsdonna View Post
Hey, do you guys see ellerby making your squad this year? if not, how far away would u say he is? what is his immediate impact going to be like and what is his maximum potential?
Nooo way, he's still a project prospect. I'd say after his CHL years he'll be in the AHL for a year or two. His max potential is a top-2, and his current impact would be 0.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
No way. He's definitely a project and needs to continue polishing his game to make the NHL.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 09:58 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Ellerby will likely be playing in the AHL this year. His adaption to the AHL will be interesting. Repik, Matthias and Frolik all go pro as well. All our best prospects in North America are going professional, its a big year for our system.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 02:27 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Thank goodness no! He needs much more time to develop. We have a lot of depth on D right now which bodes well for our prospects.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Given the year Ellerby had last season, I'd say he's on track for at least two seasons in the minors before he makes the big club. I personally think that - if he makes it - it will only be after a number of fans here begin to call him a bust.

07-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
He won't make it this year simply because of the number of d-men we have under contract, and he could use a year in the AHL as well. How far away he is depends on his upcoming season. I could definitely see him making the team in 09-10, he's not that far away. He probably won't have a huge immediate impact, most likely starting out as a bottom pairing guy. His max potential is a top pairing defenseman IMO, and he should be a top 4 guy in all likelihood.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
Thank goodness no! He needs much more time to develop. We have a lot of depth on D right now which bodes well for our prospects.
Yeah, They are not going to make the same mistake they did with Bouw and bring him in at 18years old. No way! He is at least 2 years away!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
I am pretty excited to see how he does in the AHL this year. Everybody seems to have something against this guy but I think he could be huge for us in a few years!

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias4Prez View Post
I am pretty excited to see how he does in the AHL this year. Everybody seems to have something against this guy but I think he could be huge for us in a few years!
Nothing against him, just after a poor year not becoming of a #10 (or 11, whichever it was) overall pick some are being realistic.

He definitely would have to make some massive offseason improvement to have a shot at the big club this year - a more realistic prediction is he'll fit in on the second or third pairing in Rochester and hopefully get some seasoning there that allows him to someday be the top pairing NHL D he was projected as.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
I agree, I really like our future at defense and really hope Bouw doesn't screw it up & is still here!
3 solid defensive pairings!

Bouwmeester - Ballard
Ellerby - Allen
Welch - Robak

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I agree, I really like our future at defense and really hope Bouw doesn't screw it up & is still here!
3 solid defensive pairings!

Bouwmeester - Ballard
Ellerby - Allen
Welch - Robak
Looks pretty solid to me!

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 12:45 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Looks pretty solid to me!
c'mon guys - you know the odds of that group ever taking the ice together is very slim. heck, most people don't even know what robak, ellerby or welch can bring to the table (if anything). stop dreaming and try to consider them for what they are - assets. i know it's a foreign concept for us but let's try

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote