HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jason Williams

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Oylerz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Skittles View Post
That's Jeremy Williams.
Jeremy?

You mean Justin?

Jeremy is a Maple Leafs Draft choice who has a whopping total of 4 goals in 20 games on his career.

Justin is the player who recently re-signed with Carolina and has two 30 goal seasons on his resume prior to his injury plagued year last year.

Jason is somewhere in between those two but he is not a bonafide 25 goal scorer, he hit 21 once. I can't believe he thinks he is worth $4mil based on 66 career goals. He's not even worth $2mil IMO.

Old
07-07-2008, 03:39 AM
Dr_Gonz0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Well, Williams could come to Vancouver, since now he wouldn't have to worry about playing in the same division as Raffi Torres, now that Torres is a Blue Jacket.
Torres isn't going to be taking anyone out if he can't catch them. My friend was at his bachelor party a couple weeks before he was traded to CLB, and his knee is far from 100%, it's still mangled pretty bad.

Old
07-07-2008, 03:51 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0 View Post
Torres isn't going to be taking anyone out if he can't catch them. My friend was at his bachelor party a couple weeks before he was traded to CLB, and his knee is far from 100%, it's still mangled pretty bad.
I dont get that... the guy has had plenty of time to heal up. The injury was so weird. He like fell and that was it he was done for the year.

Old
07-07-2008, 07:27 AM
Dr_Gonz0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I dont get that... the guy has had plenty of time to heal up. The injury was so weird. He like fell and that was it he was done for the year.
Knee injuries have finished many a career.

As for Williams, the guy sounds like a cancer that i want no where near the Oilers dressing room. We have a ton of kids looking for ice time, and i would like to save some cap room for the trade deadline if we are in a position to make the playoffs. No sense spending money for the sake of spending money.

Old
07-07-2008, 11:01 AM
DelVecchio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0 View Post
Knee injuries have finished many a career.

As for Williams, the guy sounds like a cancer that i want no where near the Oilers dressing room. We have a ton of kids looking for ice time, and i would like to save some cap room for the trade deadline if we are in a position to make the playoffs. No sense spending money for the sake of spending money.
You're off by 180 degrees.

He's the total opposite.
He was always the first Wing @ practice and the last off. He's the guy they have to keep the rink open for. He's an immensely and tirelessly hard worker who finds something new, physical, and hockey related to do every summer. One summer it was climbing mountains on mountain bikes. He sets an example.

As for relationships, I've heard nothing and always regarded him as a team guy.

Did I mention that he used to come to Prospect Camp and skate as filler long after he had made the Wings Major League Roster?

Very Hard Worker.

Old
07-07-2008, 11:11 AM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
So who's to say he doesn't go on a spree and scores that extra .3 goal to make it 25? lol...seriously, that was just pathetic...24.791...really? really? That's your argument for why he's not a 25 goal scorer, that he'd only score 24.8 goals had he played 82 games?

No. Its because hes not a goal scorer and never will be.

Old
07-07-2008, 11:16 AM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelVecchio View Post
What I was really wondering about is how does being paired with Robert Lang qualify as 'Run-and-Gun'?
When Robert Lang became all about offense...AKA when he joined the NHL.

Old
07-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
Never liked Williams, he makes way too many mistakes offensively to be a reliable winger. I hope he comes to his senses and gets that he's not worth what he's asking.

Old
07-14-2008, 12:14 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkearney913 View Post
He's soft, but he's got great hands and is a solid producer on a line with somebody tough to pick up for him. I'd say Dallas or Vancouver, with a dark horse being...the Thrashers?

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Closed Thread