HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sundin to Montreal Offseason Rumors Part 6

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2008, 07:00 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
IMO, before making such claims, posters should be ready to receive either the praise or the boot, should they be right or wrong.

There's no point on making his trial before we get a definitive answer from Sundin. Meanwhile, either you trust him, or you don't! I don't.

"His trial," as in, you are going to judge him? ...Stop the insanity. HFF has shown integrity and foresight in many of his posts. He's relaying to us what has been relayed to him by his source, which he trusts. Should that source be wrong, is it reflection on HFF or the source? Does it matter?

Based on what I have seen and heard, on both the internet and radio, I'm confident in Sundin signing in Vancouver. However, should he sign with the Habs, I can't really blame him. They are the better team, as of right now (although the margin has been under debate).
That said, questioning HFF after the fact would be in extremely bad form. He's not the source, he's simply the messenger.

Bleach Clean

Old
07-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
man, Boone is a terrible writer....
How many writers at the Gazette aren't terrible?

Maybe Pat Hickey and Ian MacDonald.

The rest of the gazette writers are 3rd rate wannabees and should be shipped off to the blogosphere.

Old
07-14-2008, 09:44 AM
skule123

Man, the Gazette writers are usually pretty good in my books. Boone isn't Pulitzer material, but his game blogs are usually a must-read for the good lines he lands. Pat Hickey and Dave Stubbs also has a pretty good range: HabsInsideOut is pretty amazing. Jack Todd was hit and miss.

When I get the local papers, I have to read the Ottawa Sun or Citizen. Don Brennan ("duh, let's break Crosby's ankle and then I'll fight Laraque") and Bruce Garrioch (basically Eklund with a newspaper column) are TERRIBLE. Allan Panzeri of the Citizen is meh, and Wayne Scanlan is probably most famous for comparing the 07-08 Senators to the 76-77 Canadiens, when they ended up behind the 07-08 Canadiens.

HIO any day, friend.

Old
07-14-2008, 09:52 AM
HabsDood

So, did Sundin sign with us finally?

Old
07-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
So, did Sundin sign with us finally?
at the end of the week

Old
07-14-2008, 09:55 AM
HabsDood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
at the end of the week
Loool yeah sure thing

Old
07-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Delat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
Loool yeah sure thing
It is a sure thing, Ek heard it form the russian who is said to be a great frend of the IKEA store owner in the city where Mats lives. That makes it an E3.

But really I don't want anyone else than Sundin, Shanahan can stay where he wants, I don't want him.

Old
07-14-2008, 10:01 AM
HabsDood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
It is a sure thing, Ek heard it form the russian who is said to be a great frend of the IKEA store owner in the city where Mats lives. That makes it an E3.

But really I don't want anyone else than Sundin, Shanahan can stay where he wants, I don't want him.
I agree, Shan is old stuff and we don't exactly need him now.. He shoulda make the right choice 2 years ago, period..

About Sundin, I have a good felling..

Old
07-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
"His trial," as in, you are going to judge him? ...Stop the insanity. HFF has shown integrity and foresight in many of his posts. He's relaying to us what has been relayed to him by his source, which he trusts. Should that source be wrong, is it reflection on HFF or the source? Does it matter?

Based on what I have seen and heard, on both the internet and radio, I'm confident in Sundin signing in Vancouver. However, should he sign with the Habs, I can't really blame him. They are the better team, as of right now (although the margin has been under debate).
That said, questioning HFF after the fact would be in extremely bad form. He's not the source, he's simply the messenger.

Bleach Clean
I think this is a classic case (for the HFBoards anyways) of you vesting too much interest in Sundin's decision to sign in Vancouver. If he doesn't sign, it seems you will be devastated. Do you think it wise to be mesmerized so?

It's easy to be confident about him signing with a different team than yours, as you don't have to get involved emotionaly. So either you're not a Habs fan or I was right about you protecting yourself emotionaly.

Because as it is, there aren't more signs he will sign there than here, nor Toronto nor take his retirement... For the moment only Sundin knows, we just have to wait and see.

BTW, "His trial", because there isn't any reason to post such a rumor on the Habs board. There is a main HF thread specificaly created for that matter and all users including those of the Habs board have access to it, why not post it there? Doing so here shows a purpose, an intention, there is a motive behind that and some people feel it is not one that is honorable.

Last edited by Ozymandias: 07-14-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old
07-14-2008, 11:26 AM
sampollock

guys, when it happens it does or not.

that ecklund is quoted to many times,

i feel mats will sign with habs or leafs.

best part crew, is if he does sign with the habs, we don't owe the leafs zip!

and that must make bob happy.

Old
07-14-2008, 11:27 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
guys, when it happens it does or not.

that ecklund is quoted to many times,

i feel mats will sign with habs or leafs.

best part crew, is if he does sign with the habs, we don't owe the leafs zip!

and that must make bob happy.
Bob already traded the Leafs what they targeted as compensation for Sundin. Fairly certain it was Grabovski. So Fletcher and Gainey decided to strike a deal that brought Grabovski to T.O. because Sundin did not sign before July 1st.

Old
07-14-2008, 11:29 AM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Bob already traded the Leafs what they targeted as compensation for Sundin. Fairly certain it was Grabovski. So Fletcher and Gainey decided to strike a deal that brought Grabovski to T.O. because Sundin did not sign before July 1st.
true, but the habs got a pick in return, and grabby was not going to play for us,

but if mats signs, we get mats and there pick and a player from the leafs,

and they get grabby.

so alot worse for the leaf

Old
07-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Fido22

SUNDIN!!!!!

Carry on, carry on.

Old
07-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

Latest from Ek...

Meanwhile, the Sundin situation is getting more and more complex with sources telling me that Montreal stills has the inner track but ANOTHER team that we have yet to talk about may indeed be getting into the game today or tomorrow.

Old
07-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
Meanwhile, the Sundin situation is getting more and more complex with sources telling me that Montreal stills has the inner track but ANOTHER team that we have yet to talk about may indeed be getting into the game today or tomorrow.
Nashville Predators

Old
07-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Beakermania*

There are two teams i could see getting involved...

Colorado should have lots of cap space; from last years team Theodore, Sakic, and Forsberg are all out... Theo was replaced by a much cheaper raycroft.... and news came out recently that Forsberg will be out till after Xmas with more foot problems. Sakic may still resign there though.

Florida has a big hole at centre right now.

However Colorado has the same travel problems as Vancouver, and Florida has the "suckiness" problems of the Leafs....

I don't see a contender that has the money for Sundin.

Old
07-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
Ottawa.... that's my gut feeling.

I'd hate that more than anything else. Goes back to the Leafs, fine, takes his retirement, fine, goes to Van, fine, but Ottawa... I think I'll puke if that happens...

That would be like GW Bush becoming president of the world, that would be like Celine Dion being the only artist you can buy albums of or go to shows, that would be like if every movie was directed by McG, that would be like BigTimer becoming a Mod on our board...

Old
07-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
that would be like BigTimer becoming a Mod on our board...
Well he certainly has the money and prestige to make it happen.

Old
07-14-2008, 01:41 PM
mcphee

Quote:

I'd hate that more than anything else. Goes back to the Leafs, fine, takes his retirement, fine, goes to Van, fine, but Ottawa... I think I'll puke if that happens...

That would be like GW Bush becoming president of the world, that would be like Celine Dion being the only artist you can buy albums of or go to shows, that would be like if every movie was directed by McG, that would be like BigTimer becoming a Mod on our board...
Ottawa would be the ultimate kick in the ass for Leaf fans as it seems that while they hold us in disdain, they detest the Sens. Mats and Alfie all smiles after a goal 4 on 4 in ot, we'd see the first honest emotion in Toronto since 67, but it wouldn't be pretty.

Old
07-14-2008, 01:41 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
These BigTimer jokes are never going to get old.

Old
07-14-2008, 01:42 PM
mcphee

Quote:
wish I'd been nicer over the years, I could use a loan. Not really, but I like to borrow money from people, kind of a hobby.

Old
07-14-2008, 01:44 PM
David_99

Quote:
Don't forget the education.

Old
07-14-2008, 01:44 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:

That would be like something good happening for Sens fans...

Old
07-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Let's cover our bases and create a petition to CraveOnline, just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Ottawa would be the ultimate kick in the ass for Leaf fans as it seems that while they hold us in disdain, they detest the Sens. Mats and Alfie all smiles after a goal 4 on 4 in ot, we'd see the first honest emotion in Toronto since 67, but it wouldn't be pretty.
I thought the Queen came more often than that.

If there is one thing a lot of Hab fans share with the Leaf fans, it's the hatred for OTT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
That would be like something good happening for Sens fans...
And from the contents of my post you can guess that I am lifetimes away from being one.

I think if God truly has a sense of humor and a dose of sadism, he'll reincarnate me into one in my next life.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-14-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old
07-14-2008, 01:55 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Let's cover our bases and create a petition to CraveOnline, just in case.

I thought the Queen came more often than that.

If there is one thing a lot of Hab fans share with the Leaf fans, it's the hatred for OTT.
I always liked the Sens, if you have to pick sides in the Leafs/Sens, I wasn't raised to ever like the Leafs. I like the city, they have a nice fan base, but the overall tone around here during the last season, made me feel a little bit of 'looks good on you' .

I have enough friends that are dyed in the wool Sens fans that I'm not really too excited about wanting them to fail, but I sure don't want Sundin there.

Closed Thread