HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rumor [KHL] Shanahan to SKA ??

Old
07-14-2008, 09:43 AM
CCCP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Yeah such a decline that he was the best performing player in the playoffs up until the point where he was eliminated. The most potent player in the playoffs and finished up with 71 points during an awful year. It wasn't just a year of declining it was just an unlucky awful year and he still had 71 points. If you saw all 82 games as a Ranger fan you'd probably understand that. Which ranked him as the 10th most productive right winger during the regular season and also five points in front of Marian Hossa, the most sought after free agent this year. Did he have a bad year or was it just a decline? To each his own though.

And I think it is laughable that people think the NHL all star team would absolutely demolish the KHL all star team. Don't you people realize how good a lot of players in Russia are? Do you realize the # of players they have over there with not only NHL talent but possible NHL star talent? It's pompous for us to think that they don't have that kind of talent. Think about it, is it JUST possible for there to be NHL all star level talent over there that don't exist in our players going over there? Jaromir Jagr had 38 points in 32 games playing for Omsk in 2004-2005 yet had 123 points in 82 games in 2005-2006 in the NHL. A higher points per game in the NHL. Secondly, there was a player for Omsk that averaged a higher point per game total than Jagr that year. Is it just a coincidence, possibly. But I won't rule out that the player whom averaged a higher point per game total than Jagr could be a potential super talent.

Secondly, IF we are talking about talent solely winning a series.... I think we can say that team Canada in the last olympics arguably had the most talented team. They lost to SWITZERLAND! SWITZERLAND people. A team with guys like Iginla, Sakic, Thornton, Lecavalier, St. Louis, Heatley, etc; A bunch of Art Ross, Maurice Richard, Hart Memorial, NHL Players with Martin Brodeur in net, lost to SWITZERLAND. But the KHL with stars like Jaromir Jagr and Radulov going over there, along with there already talented crop of players including Cherepanov, wouldn't be able to compete? Give me a break. I don't understand it. There is plenty of talent over there to be able to compete with any other team the NHL has to offer if given the opportunity to practice together.
Veri nice post!!!

CCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 09:54 AM
ESY16

Send a message via MSN to ESY16
I am still waiting for somebody to post the feared KHL All-Star line-up so that we can compare it to an NHL line-up.

Also, I am just wondering if this rumor had any more news as of late. Basically it started as "Shanahan knows SKA's coach so maybe the coach can lure Brendan to the KHL" and never really seemed to have developed any further than that.

ESY16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Paxton Fettel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehta View Post
The KHL is starting to piss me off now. Why cant they leave NHL players alone.

this is only the beginning

it will only get worse and worse

Paxton Fettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 10:12 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
I believe former Red Wings coach Smith is the coach there. That along with money could have something to do with it.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 01:17 PM
AN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESY16 View Post
I am still waiting for somebody to post the feared KHL All-Star line-up so that we can compare it to an NHL line-up.
how are u going to compare it?
how many rlsplayers do you know (except Jagr)? did you watch any rslgame?

AN is offline   Reply With Quote