HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sundin to Montreal Offseason Rumors Part 6

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Corey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I always liked the Sens, if you have to pick sides in the Leafs/Sens, I wasn't raised to ever like the Leafs. I like the city, they have a nice fan base, but the overall tone around here during the last season, made me feel a little bit of 'looks good on you' .

I have enough friends that are dyed in the wool Sens fans that I'm not really too excited about wanting them to fail, but I sure don't want Sundin there.
I always hoped the Senators would win Ottawa their first Cup since the original franchise. No longer. They blew too many golden opportunities and now they've fallen back into the pack. As for the Leafs, their not winning the Cup since expansion has become a tradition in Toronto that will be handed down from generation to generation until the last person who attended the 1967 playoffs is no more.

Old
07-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I hope Ottawa knows their role and keeps their hole shut.

Old
07-14-2008, 02:22 PM
CritZ

Eklund is becoming flat all of a sudden. What's going on? He is now on the Sens case.

Old
07-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I always hoped the Senators would win Ottawa their first Cup since the original franchise. No longer. They blew too many golden opportunities and now they've fallen back into the pack. As for the Leafs, their not winning the Cup since expansion has become a tradition in Toronto that will be handed down from generation to generation until the last person who attended the 1967 playoffs is no more.
That will actually be funny

Old
07-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I always liked the Sens, if you have to pick sides in the Leafs/Sens, I wasn't raised to ever like the Leafs. I like the city, they have a nice fan base, but the overall tone around here during the last season, made me feel a little bit of 'looks good on you' .

I have enough friends that are dyed in the wool Sens fans that I'm not really too excited about wanting them to fail, but I sure don't want Sundin there.
Not sure Ottawa will sign Sundin anyways. Im guessing they're in the process of resigning Vermette, I hope they are for them because he's as good as it gets for a 3rd liner.
If they do resign Vermette, they'll also have Fisher at a 4.2 cap hit and Kelly at 2.125. They just resigned Kelly so not sure they want to let him go.

The good thing about Sundin coming to Mtl, is that not only is there room for him at center, but he would automatically become our 1st line center which wouldn't be the case in OTT with Spezza. Probably pairing up with Tanguay and Lats.

I don't think you have to worry about Sundin landing in Ottawa, especially if we look at the way they finished the season last year.

If Sundin is serious about winning a cup and all his criteria, then we're the best fit no doubt about it.

Old
07-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
There are two teams i could see getting involved...

Colorado should have lots of cap space; from last years team Theodore, Sakic, and Forsberg are all out... Theo was replaced by a much cheaper raycroft.... and news came out recently that Forsberg will be out till after Xmas with more foot problems. Sakic may still resign there though.

Florida has a big hole at centre right now.

However Colorado has the same travel problems as Vancouver, and Florida has the "suckiness" problems of the Leafs....

I don't see a contender that has the money for Sundin.
bingo

That's the team I've been expecting to go after sundin, and I suspect that they have more than enough cap space. You cant go into the season with stephen weiss as your number 1 centre. It might force horton to play centre because of their severe lack of depth in that position, and horton is better used on the wing IMO.

Old
07-14-2008, 03:59 PM
TheGoalJudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
bingo

That's the team I've been expecting to go after sundin, and I suspect that they have more than enough cap space. You cant go into the season with stephen weiss as your number 1 centre. It might force horton to play centre because of their severe lack of depth in that position, and horton is better used on the wing IMO.
Well they put themselves in that position so obviously they are comfortable with what they have up the middle after trading Jokinen. I doubt they would trade Jokinen thinking they had a shot at Sundin.

Old
07-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
Well they put themselves in that position so obviously they are comfortable with what they have up the middle after trading Jokinen. I doubt they would trade Jokinen thinking they had a shot at Sundin.
perhaps they had their sights set on someone else in either free agency or trade but it broke down at the last minute. Sundin is really the only centre option left and I dont see how florida is remotely comfortable with their top end centre situation unless they are okay with using horton as a center (a mistake IMO)

Old
07-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Beakermania*

isn't booth a centre... he'd be their number 2 right now... IMO.

Old
07-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Don't forget top prospect Shawn Matthias...

Old
07-14-2008, 04:48 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
isn't booth a centre... he'd be their number 2 right now... IMO.
Booth plays left wing... the line of Booth-Weiss-Horton was actually pretty effective last year.

Old
07-14-2008, 04:48 PM
CritZ

But Matthias aint ready to step up to the bat as of now and radically change everything.

Old
07-14-2008, 04:51 PM
One Trick Pony

I have a feeling Sundin will sign by the end of a week

Old
07-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
perhaps they had their sights set on someone else in either free agency or trade but it broke down at the last minute. Sundin is really the only centre option left and I dont see how florida is remotely comfortable with their top end centre situation unless they are okay with using horton as a center (a mistake IMO)
If Sundin refused 20M/2years deal from Vancouver, I doubt Florida has any chances of landing him.
Awright, maybe he didn't refuse it but at his age, an offer of 10M per season would be as good as it gets financially.

Seeing as Florida sucks hard ballz at the moment, and money is the only thing they can offer him, I doubt they have a shot at landing him.

Sundin said he wanted to be part of a contender if he were to come back, he also said he wants to stay in the East. Seeing as he didn't jump on the VAN offer, I tend to believe him.

The top contender team in the East with enough cap space is us. One can argue Ott might be a contender as well, but they miserably failed to prove that with the way they ended their season.

Unless, Buf-Car-TB-Flo-NYI are also considered contenders, we have the best chances to sign him. Thats IF, he really meant that he wants to be part of a contender in the East.

Old
07-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Nobak

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
These BigTimer jokes are never going to get old.
And I'm never going to get them.
Score -1 points for the ignore list.

Old
07-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Go Habs Go

Perhaps the 3rd party is the KHL?

Sundin in toronto would drive Leafs fans nuts

Old
07-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I think this is a classic case (for the HFBoards anyways) of you vesting too much interest in Sundin's decision to sign in Vancouver. If he doesn't sign, it seems you will be devastated. Do you think it wise to be mesmerized so?

It's easy to be confident about him signing with a different team than yours, as you don't have to get involved emotionaly. So either you're not a Habs fan or I was right about you protecting yourself emotionaly.

So I have vested too much interest _AND_ I'm protecting myself emotionally? Logic left you a long time ago Ozy.

Quote:
Because as it is, there aren't more signs he will sign there than here, nor Toronto nor take his retirement... For the moment only Sundin knows, we just have to wait and see.

BTW, "His trial", because there isn't any reason to post such a rumor on the Habs board. There is a main HF thread specificaly created for that matter and all users including those of the Habs board have access to it, why not post it there? Doing so here shows a purpose, an intention, there is a motive behind that and some people feel it is not one that is honorable.

Curious, what is this motive you are talking about? What could you be referring to? That he posted to try and incite something from the MTL fanbase? If so, then you have totally disregarded my earlier comments of HFF's integrity as a poster.

And what is this trial going to entail? He doesn't have to answer to anyone here. What is going on here? You, and everybody that feels the way you do about judging HFF, need to take a step back and gain some perspective.

Bleach Clean

Old
07-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Licou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
So I have vested too much interest _AND_ I'm protecting myself emotionally? Logic left you a long time ago Ozy.

Curious, what is this motive you are talking about? What could you be referring to? That he posted to try and incite something from the MTL fanbase? If so, then you have totally disregarded my earlier comments of HFF's integrity as a poster.

And what is this trial going to entail? He doesn't have to answer to anyone here. What is going on here? You, and everybody that feels the way you do about judging HFF, need to take a step back and gain some perspective.

Bleach Clean

And you really need to stop arguing for the sake of arguing...

Old
07-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Beakermania*

Page 40

Closed Thread