HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Confessions of a Closeted CBJ fan.

Old
07-07-2008, 02:02 PM
VictoryRose

vCash: 500
Confessions of a Closeted CBJ fan.

Hi.

I am a lifelong fan of the Kings and also of the Rangers, in that order.

For awhile now I've harbored feelings of love and admiration for this franchise. No idea why, but I think it stems from two things;

#1 - my admiration for the midwest (smallish towns in particular)
#2 - my admiration for the underdog

Aside from that though, this team has always had some magnetic draw for me, not sure what it is precisely, but I like it. Your TV announcers are a little hokey, but I like them.

Big overhaul for you guys this year, I'm hoping for the best possible results against the rest of the Western Conference, just not the Kings, but you'll probably take most of the games from them as well. Haha.

Have a good summer, jackets fans!

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 02:07 PM
FiveHole23

If you want to join our club, you must give us Kopitar!

FiveHole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Cambion

HAHAH welcome to the club.. go JACKETS!

Cambion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 02:09 PM
DougKnowsBest

thanks for the kind words.

hopefully we will give you something to smile about soon. did you watch the draft in town last year on TV?

DougKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 02:10 PM
CBJwheel

Our midwest is a bit different from Kansas Midwest.

I always like to see LA doing well, except when they're in direct competition with us.

CBJwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 10:50 PM
213 Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjwheel View Post
Our midwest is a bit different from Kansas Midwest.
Yeah. Fatter.

213 Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 01:15 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by 213 Sentinel View Post
Yeah. Fatter.
Couldn't help it. Had to look it up.

I am starting to get nervous about all these fans of other teams saying how great the CBJ have done this offseason. Oh well, I guess that when our number of great photoshop masterminds finally get the chance to roll out some playoff avatars (you've had many years to come up with good ones. They better be amazing ) they'll have to make some "bandwagon" ones for our growing number of outside fans.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 01:46 AM
Renion

That map is another reason why we probably shouldn't have signed Hitchcock to a 3-year extension. When the elevation of California continues to rise, remember this post.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 02:03 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
I KNEW there were more fat people in Ohio than there were in Connecticut! I was saying this for a few years but no one believed me. Thank you, "Calorielab"

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 12:07 PM
213 Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Couldn't help it. Had to look it up.

I am starting to get nervous about all these fans of other teams saying how great the CBJ have done this offseason. Oh well, I guess that when our number of great photoshop masterminds finally get the chance to roll out some playoff avatars (you've had many years to come up with good ones. They better be amazing ) they'll have to make some "bandwagon" ones for our growing number of outside fans.

I, too, can't wait for the bandwagoners. When they show up with their college sports jerseys, I'll politely ask them if they know where the gift shop is.

Old
07-12-2008, 01:04 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

I've always been pretty fond of the BJ's as well, I think Columbus has been pretty kind to them and could turn into a pretty sweet hockey town if they are rewarded with a winning (or competitive at least) team.

Definitely my favourite of the teams coming from the last rounds of expansion (CBJ, Min, Atl, Nsh) and other than Minnesota, the team most destined for long term success IMHO.

As soon as parity returns to the Central division (may be awhile, the way the Wings are going) I can see you guys establishing some pretty sweet rivalries over the years with Chicago, Detroit and St. Louis to an extent.

I think you're on your way in terms of being a playoff team, you've got a lot of good depth pieces in place - in addition, of course, to Rick Nash and Pascal Leclaire - and if you can hold it all together in addition to adding maybe an impact defenseman, you'll have a pretty formidable lineup in two or three years when Brassard, Voracek and Filatov have entered the lineup.

(The logo/jerseys could stand to improve though )

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 02:18 PM
futurcorerock

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
I've always been pretty fond of the BJ's as well, I think Columbus has been pretty kind to them and could turn into a pretty sweet hockey town if they are rewarded with a winning (or competitive at least) team.

Definitely my favourite of the teams coming from the last rounds of expansion (CBJ, Min, Atl, Nsh) and other than Minnesota, the team most destined for long term success IMHO.

As soon as parity returns to the Central division (may be awhile, the way the Wings are going) I can see you guys establishing some pretty sweet rivalries over the years with Chicago, Detroit and St. Louis to an extent.

I think you're on your way in terms of being a playoff team, you've got a lot of good depth pieces in place - in addition, of course, to Rick Nash and Pascal Leclaire - and if you can hold it all together in addition to adding maybe an impact defenseman, you'll have a pretty formidable lineup in two or three years when Brassard, Voracek and Filatov have entered the lineup.

(The logo/jerseys could stand to improve though )

futurcorerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 06:49 PM
puckeye

Quote:
The logo/jerseys could stand to improve though )
coming from Nuck's fan?

puckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

I also am a fan of the BJ's.

Anyway, I'm going to school at OSU, so I will probably be around these boards asking dumb questions about the team to try to learn some information about the players and the team before I watch some games in the upcoming season. So don't pick on me too much, and I sware I'm not being a smartass.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 10:35 AM
futurcorerock

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post

Anyway, I'm going to school at OSU, so I will probably be around these boards asking dumb questions about the team to try to learn some information about the players and the team before I watch some games in the upcoming season. So don't pick on me too much, and I sware I'm not being a smartass.
Nice, Welcome to OSU

futurcorerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 12:09 PM
forty_three

Quote:
Originally Posted by 213 Sentinel View Post

I, too, can't wait for the bandwagoners. When they show up with their college sports jerseys, I'll politely ask them if they know where the gift shop is.
So will I be one of these Bandwagoners? I mean, my two favorite teams are the Sens and whoever is playing against the Rangers. I've always paid attention to the Jackets because I met some people online at another site who were Jackets fans. Now I live here and will be getting Season Tickets eventually.

My first love will be the Sens. But if I cheer for the Jackets too, does that make me a bandwagoner? Just curious.

Last edited by forty_three: 07-14-2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: I can't spel
forty_three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 01:07 PM
213 Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_three View Post
So will I be one of these Bandwagoners? I mean, my two favorite teams are the Sens and whoever is playing against the Rangers. I've always paid attention to the Jackets because I met some people online at another site who were Jackets fans. Now I live here and will be getting Season Tickets eventually.

My first love will be the Sens. But if I cheer for the Jackets too, does that make me a bandwagoner? Just curious.
I can't speak for everybody, but generally speaking bandwagoners refer to those who all but ignored the team while it's been here and then rush to get tickets when they are doing well. This term applies especially to if and when this team makes the playoffs.

Old
07-14-2008, 09:08 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Dan Fritsche said it best. Something along the lines of "When we make the playoffs, the fans are gonna go crazy."

Rimer also said during a game vs. STL "Can you imagine this place during the playoffs?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post

Welcome aboard!

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Macster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSprague24 View Post
Dan Fritsche said it best. Something along the lines of "When we make the playoffs, the fans are gonna go crazy."
Oh Parma. It didn't set in until right now, I am going to miss him. I love his story. Ohio boy playing in his home state, putting serious shoulder injuries behind him, and making the jump from junior to the show.

The best is yet to come for Danno. I hope he explodes on to the scene in New York.

Macster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 09:25 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
That map is another reason why we probably shouldn't have signed Hitchcock to a 3-year extension. When the elevation of California continues to rise, remember this post.
<--- Are you saying my avatar is fat?

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 09:21 AM
JayGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macster View Post
Oh Parma. It didn't set in until right now, I am going to miss him. I love his story. Ohio boy playing in his home state, putting serious shoulder injuries behind him, and making the jump from junior to the show.

The best is yet to come for Danno. I hope he explodes on to the scene in New York.
If he can make it there, he'll make it anywhere.

JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 09:26 AM
forktie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
If he can make it there, he'll make it anywhere.
...except maybe Toronto.

forktie is offline   Reply With Quote