HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Sundin to Montreal Rumors and Discussion Part 7

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-15-2008, 11:16 AM
  #51
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Why should people have to ignore a thread about Sundin to avoid all this trash?
The response was telling him to ignore the Beaker-LW Date thread..... all the "trash" as you call it; i call them off-topic posts came after that... why don't you try posting something about sundin to get it back on topic.... look at the posts... I've already tried once to get it back on topic.

So I hear Sundin is fishing in Sweden?? You'd think he would've had plenty of time to fish during the NHL playoffs. Why won't he decide??

Sundin

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 11:21 AM
  #52
Habsaholic
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
personal speculation or you have a source??
An NHL coach lives here in the summer months(plays in the same golf league as I), he doesnt "know" anything but this is his speculation from what he is hearing.

So you can call it, educated speculation?

Habsaholic is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 11:22 AM
  #53
BadKiwi
 
BadKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Maybe depending on the fish he will sign somewhere... A bass could be Montreal while a Esturgeon Vancouver. Anyways, this could only mean that Mats a lousy fisherman or none of these fish exists in Sweden.

BadKiwi is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 11:24 AM
  #54
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Sundin is lucky. His penchant to take decisions on his own timeline, irrespective of external circumstances could have really hurt him. Habs and Nucks have kept space for him (mostly because their other top targets didn't sign), but it could have been otherwise. Rags, Wings, Leafs did not wait. He could have put himself in an impossible position.

As is, he can now take his sweet time to reflect on life and the meaning of another hockey season on a lake in Sweden and still sign for 7M$+ when he feels the time is right and he has realigned himself with the stars.

Sundin

Fido22 is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 11:38 AM
  #55
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Wow... this is getting close to the Hossa saga....

Tell me Beaker... how many threads were there for Hossa 8? 10?

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 11:46 AM
  #56
Guillemin
Registered User
 
Guillemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Sundin is lucky. His penchant to take decisions on his own timeline, irrespective of external circumstances could have really hurt him. Habs and Nucks have kept space for him (mostly because their other top targets didn't sign), but it could have been otherwise. Rags, Wings, Leafs did not wait. He could have put himself in an impossible position.
Nah, then he'd just retire to the Swedish leagues, play in the Olympics, and remain a hero in his home country.

Guillemin is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 11:47 AM
  #57
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,165
vCash: 500
Tired of that Sundin debate. Let's just go with the guy who wants to play and let the others deal with him.

I want Brett Favre!

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 11:48 AM
  #58
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
Nah, then he'd just retire to the Swedish leagues, play in the Olympics, and remain a hero in his home country.
That's true. Sundin is a man of many options.

We are the pupets. Sundin can make us dance at will.

Sundin

Fido22 is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 11:53 AM
  #59
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean
So I have vested too much interest _AND_ I'm protecting myself emotionally? Logic left you a long time ago Ozy.

Eh no. If you haven't noticed, my response was an exact copy of your own response to one of my posts. This one was said with cynism (that should've been obvious by the way I copied your own response) and was rather to show you how easily it can be done to downgrade the other person's opinion by using unfounded, unsupported and unlogical conclusion such as this one, based only on your perception.

So help yourself, you've just found out logic left you a long time ago, BC.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 11:53 AM
  #60
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,606
vCash: 500
Anyone know approx when his wedding is? He's gone fishing this week. He's stated he doesn't think he'll decide before August. Can I assume the wedding is in the next couple weeks? Cause if it's not til August, this could drag out even longer.

David_99 is online now  
Old
07-15-2008, 12:04 PM
  #61
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Oh Eklund Schmeklund...

As anyone here posted this :

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16239

""Your Mats Update...
Sources continue to tell me that the Montreal Canadiens are leading the way for Mats, so much so that although they won't always call him by name, "waiting on a big player before we can make that decision" is something that several people have told me they have discussed with the Habs.

There is however another growing theory, brought up by a source in Western Canada yesterday, but also gaining momentum all over the league....."


Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-15-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Ozymandias is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 12:06 PM
  #62
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Oh Eklund Schmeklund...

As anyone here posted this :

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16239
He's getting pretty good at saying nothing. That's a skill that takes some crafting. Eklund is getting better and better!


Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-15-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Fido22 is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 12:20 PM
  #63
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,606
vCash: 500
'Sources tell me the Habs are leading the way, though he'd rather go to NY, while still contemplating retirement.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
He's getting pretty good at saying nothing. That's a skill that takes some crafting. Eklund is getting better and better!
Yup, sounds about right. 3 "sources", 3 different stories. Unless the source is Sundin, there's really no point in speculating.

David_99 is online now  
Old
07-15-2008, 12:20 PM
  #64
Artie
Registered User
 
Artie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Que
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
Smoke and mirrors I say.

I don't think Sundin has or had any interest in coming to Montreal. IMO BG knows that but can't/won't publically disclose it as this will be another admission of failure. Meanwhile the masses keep tuning in waiting for news on the arrival of the messiah. Can you say conspiracy

It sounds like the premise for a good Dan Brown novel....

Artie is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 12:25 PM
  #65
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
Smoke and mirrors I say.

I don't think Sundin has or had any interest in coming to Montreal. IMO BG knows that but can't/won't publically disclose it as this will be another admission of failure. Meanwhile the masses keep tuning in waiting for news on the arrival of the messiah. Can you say conspiracy

It sounds like the premise for a good Dan Brown novel....
You usually have pretty good intuition on this hockey stuff Artie (except for trading goalies, you know **** all about trading goalies). What do you think Sundin will do?

Fido22 is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 12:33 PM
  #66
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,073
vCash: 597
If he's waiting on the Rangers, he'll be waiting the whole 2008-09 season.

Unless the Rangers want to deal Redden or Rozsival or Naslund 2 weeks after signing them to big contracts? Riiiiiiiiiight.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 12:46 PM
  #67
Artie
Registered User
 
Artie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Que
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
You usually have pretty good intuition on this hockey stuff Artie (except for trading goalies, you know **** all about trading goalies). What do you think Sundin will do?
I gotta believe he can't like the way things ended in Toronto.
It sounds like he doesn't need the money.
And while the posturing about retirement makes for nice drama, I don't think he's ready yet.

My bet is that if he decides to return, he will be looking for a chance at the Stanley Cup. I think he is waiting for the dust to settle and is building his short list of teams that will give him that opportunity.

But then again, he's played for the Nordiques and the Maple Leafs so as far as I'm concerned he's one 6 away from being the anti-christ.

Artie is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 12:49 PM
  #68
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
But then again, he's played for the Nordiques and the Maple Leafs so as far as I'm concerned he's one 6 away from being the anti-christ.
He just has to go to Boston next to complete the apprenticeship.

guest1467 is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 12:52 PM
  #69
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
If he's waiting on the Rangers, he'll be waiting the whole 2008-09 season.

Unless the Rangers want to deal Redden or Rozsival or Naslund 2 weeks after signing them to big contracts? Riiiiiiiiiight.
They might just try to trade Drury for a high pick and a blue chip prospect.


Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
He just has to go to Boston next to complete the apprenticeship.
Or Ottawa, since the nodicks aren't here anymore...

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 12:54 PM
  #70
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,073
vCash: 597
Drury's got a NMC and at that salary, how many teams that he would accept to go to actually want him?

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 01:04 PM
  #71
Guy Caballero
Registered User
 
Guy Caballero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
It sounds like the premise for a good Dan Brown novel....
Hard to tell, since that doesn't exist.

Guy Caballero is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 01:08 PM
  #72
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Drury's got a NMC and at that salary, how many teams that he would accept to go to actually want him?
wish I had a no movement clause. I ate some ice cream before and it goes right through me.

mcphee is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 01:11 PM
  #73
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
wish I had a no movement clause. I ate some ice cream before and it goes right through me.
Sign you bowels to a 15 year, $70 million contract, and I'm sure you two can work something out. If he holds out for a while, try a laxative.

David_99 is online now  
Old
07-15-2008, 01:25 PM
  #74
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Sign you bowels to a 15 year, $70 million contract, and I'm sure you two can work something out. If he holds out for a while, try a laxative.
Throw in a more fibre clause and he will sign.

guest1467 is offline  
Old
07-15-2008, 01:32 PM
  #75
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
just forget about sundin for now. assume we won't get him too. you'll live peacefully.

Pascal is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.