HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT - No need to hate the Rangers anymore: Hollweg to Toronto

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-14-2008, 11:29 PM
  #76
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
It's funny reading the comments on the Rangers board. Poor leafs.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=536130

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 02:23 AM
  #77
#57
Registered User
 
#57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,641
vCash: 500
I GUARENTEE Hollweg will injure one of our main offensive players (my guess is either Tanguay or S.Kostitsyn, someone who can't defend himself) with a cheap shot and that said player will miss a good chunk of the playoffs, AND this hit will go uncalled by the refs and the last placed Leafs fans will be laughing at us.

Toronto just has a way of always getting to us, whatever they do, whoever they are.

I will always remember game #82 where we were fighting for the playoffs. ONE game. and we were fricking leading. And J-S Aubin comes in and they beat us in the end. Talk about lucky bunch of ****ers.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 06:18 AM
  #78
Pat
Registered User
 
Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Trois-Rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
I GUARENTEE Hollweg will injure one of our main offensive players (my guess is either Tanguay or S.Kostitsyn, someone who can't defend himself) with a cheap shot and that said player will miss a good chunk of the playoffs, AND this hit will go uncalled by the refs and the last placed Leafs fans will be laughing at us.

Toronto just has a way of always getting to us, whatever they do, whoever they are.

I will always remember game #82 where we were fighting for the playoffs. ONE game. and we were fricking leading. And J-S Aubin comes in and they beat us in the end. Talk about lucky bunch of ****ers.
with Laraque on the team, I don't think Hollweg will take liberties on our top players.

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 06:43 AM
  #79
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
You know what, I really liked the signing of Laraque, he's just a pure pimp out there on the ice but no real emplyoees. Now it looks like he's gonna make Hollweg work for him and at a cheap price.

Money in the bank baby toronto making this signing look real good.



Sorry you're WRONG WRONG WRONG.


The reason Laraque doesn't fight any of those scrubs is because THEY WILL GET A HUGE SMACK DOWN. So teams send in their most strongest warrior to compete, but often fail. See your logic is flawed, because the mere presence of BGL on game day roster will put those **** disturbers at ease. A dirty player (hit-and-run, talk trash during whistle blows, instigate penalties) is a sub-human compared to the real enforcers of this league, they do this role because fighting isn't an option of them. And usually they will fight eachother on opposing teams (Lapierre vs. Talbot). Fear not.
You have absolutely no clue about fighting and how fighting works and are going to be sorely disappointed when you see how what you envision plays out against reality.

Don't get me wrong, I love Big Georges...he's probably the best fighter there is. Unfortunately, he does absolutely nothing to deter dirty play.

Speaking of logic...you should examine yours: Laraque doesn't fight scrubs because they will get a beat down. Yeah...that's kind of the point...beat the tar out of the perpetrator...otherwise you may as well apply for a name change...Useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post

I will always remember game #82 where we were fighting for the playoffs. ONE game. and we were fricking leading. And J-S Aubin comes in and they beat us in the end. Talk about lucky bunch of ****ers.
Not much luck involved. Montreal played horribly. So did Toronto for that matter...they just played less horribly than Montreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
with Laraque on the team, I don't think Hollweg will take liberties on our top players.
What is somewhat scary, with Hollweg IMO barely qualifying as an NHL player, is that he actually sees more ice time than Big George. Of the 525 players to play at least 50 games, only 12 played fewer minutes than Big George and even that was cut by 25% in the playoffs.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-15-2008 at 07:52 AM.
eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 06:53 AM
  #80
Antropovsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
And who can forget the notorious Jeff Finger!



Its too bad the Leafs couldnt trade to get Adam Foote, you could have had a Foote-Finger pairing at defense.
I don't see why this is such a disappointment, considering they did play together in Colorado.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see alot has been discussed about the Leafs line-up next season, so I thought i'd give my opinion. Obviously there is reason to be pessimistic about this upcoming season, but there also is reason to be optimistic (should Sundin return).

Tlusty Sundin Antropov
Kulemin Grabovski Steen
Hagman Bell/Stajan Blake
Hollweg/Devereaux Moore Mayers

Kaberle Kubina/McCabe
Finger Colaiacovo
Frogren Stralman

Toskala
Joseph

Tradeable assets, Ponikarovsky/Stajan/McCabe/Kubina

Reasons to be optimistic:
- Noone has ruled out Sundin returning
- Younger (led by Kulemin)
- Faster (Kulemin/Grabovski/Hagman added to the likes of Blake + Tlusty)
- Tougher (Finger/Frogren/Colaiacovo/Mayers/Hollweg/Kulemin/Kubina are all not shy about laying the body; while Mayers/Hollweg give us additional fighting toughness)
- Better leadership (Tucker was rumored to have a bad dressing room ego; while adding Joseph/Mayers gives us players with positive reps).
- Defense on Offense (Mayers/Hagman/Kulemin are all dedicated to defense, while we dropped Tucker and Wellwood who weren't defensively responsible).
- Goaltending balance (Goaltending can only get better as Maurice really messed the Toskala/Raycroft system from the beginning).
- Most importantly we dropped Maurice and added Wilson

Obviously all the optimism hinges on Sundin resigning, and should he not......then I agree were probably going to be pretty terrible. Should he come back though, I think were going to be a very tough team to play against.


Last edited by Antropovsky: 07-15-2008 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Forgot about Blake
Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 08:11 AM
  #81
Wiseman27*
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I found these line on the Leafs board

Tlusty - Steen - Kulemin
Grabovski - Antropov - Blake
Hagman - Stajan - Mayers
Hollweg - Moore - Bell

I must say.. HOLY ****... "poor" Leafs.
Savage - Gilmour - Zednik
Rucinsky - Perreault - Audette
N. Sunstrom - Juneau - Dackell
Petrov - Kilger - Asham


Wiseman27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 08:11 AM
  #82
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
You have absolutely no clue about fighting and how fighting works and are going to be sorely disappointed when you see how what you envision plays out against reality.

Don't get me wrong, I love Big Georges...he's probably the best fighter there is. Unfortunately, he does absolutely nothing to deter dirty play.

Speaking of logic...you should examine yours: Laraque doesn't fight scrubs because they will get a beat down. Yeah...that's kind of the point...beat the tar out of the perpetrator...otherwise you may as well apply for a name change...Useless.



Not much luck involved. Montreal played horribly. So did Toronto for that matter...they just played less horribly than Montreal.



What is somewhat scary, with Hollweg IMO barely qualifying as an NHL player, is that he actually sees more ice time than Big George. Of the 525 players to play at least 50 games, only 12 played fewer minutes than Big George and even that was cut by 25% in the playoffs.
All you do is insist Laraque will do nothing, blah blah blah, and provide no arguments what so ever. And you're saying I have no clue? Don't you understand what's written in plain english in front of you? If you're a bigger kid than someone else ( and you're probably a kid ) , will your opponent willingly engage in combat? What do you think. No, they are going to run away scared and look over their shoulders for a while. Wasting my time on you.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 08:18 AM
  #83
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,379
vCash: 500
Toronto should be stock piling draft picks, not throwing them away on mediocre players and AHL calibre bangers. They could have had Nagy Holik and Ondrus for nothing but cash and kept their picks. Very poor asset management...

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 08:27 AM
  #84
CritZ
Registered User
 
CritZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
The problem is that they have drafted poorly for years now.

CritZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 08:40 AM
  #85
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
All you do is insist Laraque will do nothing, blah blah blah, and provide no arguments what so ever. And you're saying I have no clue? Don't you understand what's written in plain english in front of you? If you're a bigger kid than someone else ( and you're probably a kid ) , will your opponent willingly engage in combat? What do you think. No, they are going to run away scared and look over their shoulders for a while. Wasting my time on you.
All the argument you need is displayed in Laraque's fight card. He NEVER takes to task ANY dirty players.

I hate to break it to you but I am no kid. I have followed hockey religiously for over 3 decades. My kids have graduated from post secondary and live on their own. I have immediate family members with Cup rings (one of whom is a current NHL scout). I am also a former boxer and current boxing coach who has had the fortune of being a sparring partner for a current professional light heavyweight and two Canadian National team members and the guy I coach under is a former Commonwealth Champion. Suffice to say, I am more than comfortable talking the fight game and the hockey game with anyone.

If you honestly think that a big guy who never takes dirty players to task is going to scare away a smaller, dirty player, you either don't play sports with anybody at any significant level or are the type of player you are mentioning, one who is afraid of someone because they are big. Real world doesn't work that way.


Last edited by eyeball11: 07-15-2008 at 08:46 AM.
eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 09:27 AM
  #86
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXvyxKrkpgM

lol..

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 09:38 AM
  #87
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
All the argument you need is displayed in Laraque's fight card. He NEVER takes to task ANY dirty players.

I hate to break it to you but I am no kid. I have followed hockey religiously for over 3 decades. My kids have graduated from post secondary and live on their own. I have immediate family members with Cup rings (one of whom is a current NHL scout). I am also a former boxer and current boxing coach who has had the fortune of being a sparring partner for a current professional light heavyweight and two Canadian National team members and the guy I coach under is a former Commonwealth Champion. Suffice to say, I am more than comfortable talking the fight game and the hockey game with anyone.

If you honestly think that a big guy who never takes dirty players to task is going to scare away a smaller, dirty player, you either don't play sports with anybody at any significant level or are the type of player you are mentioning, one who is afraid of someone because they are big. Real world doesn't work that way.
Then mr hockey/sports/universe englighten us with your infinite wisdom Oh and please, your "boxing" history means jack squat in here. And unless YOU have the cup rings maybe you shouldn't make it sound as if.

Let's all build a team of pests, since they can't be stopped. They rule unchallenged, and injure players at will without fear of any retribution.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 09:41 AM
  #88
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
....If you honestly think that a big guy who never takes dirty players to task is going to scare away a smaller, dirty player, you either don't play sports with anybody at any significant level or are the type of player you are mentioning, one who is afraid of someone because they are big. Real world doesn't work that way.
I don't think Laraque is going to prevent a guy like Hollweg from playing his game. However, if Hollweg challenges a guy like Begin or Lapierre etc... Laraque has demonstrated in the past that he will step in (i.e., when Archer went after Ruutu, Laraque jumped in).

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 09:46 AM
  #89
Guillemin
Registered User
 
Guillemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Well Tlusty, Kulemin, Grabovski, and Steen are only going to get better...Antropov emerged as a somewhat steady offensive player last year...Blake probably won't be so snake-bitten (he was like 3rd in shots or something)...and Hagman might have another miracle near-30 goal season. I know things look ****** for them but if the kids have breakout seasons and the veterens all have near-career seasons, I could see an extremely far fetched scenario where Toronto finishes 9th/8th in the East


But don't get me wrong, if all those "if"s don't add up they could easily be 15th in the East
Even if all the "ifs" come together, 8th in the East does nothing to help the Leafs. 8th in the East means they don't get another Schenn type of impact player next year.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 09:56 AM
  #90
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
You're a moron for thinking just because you don't enjoy something that nobody does. Why do you think there are boxers, cage fighters, street fighters -- same reason why there are hockey goons -- they enjoy it


So what do you like to do? I probably don't like it, so you're a moron
There's a difference between being a science guy and being a financial guy or an Arts Guy or wtv. You liking to take it easy at night or me liking to go out party.

Being a guy that likes to bash in someone's head and see blood pouring out of someone's nose or mouth (Boxing/Cage-Street Fighters) is quite retarded. The fact he eats a lot of blows to the head doesn't help either.

Im a fan of MMA, I respect their courage, but most of them from what they show are quite dumb.
Call it a prejudice, but its still quite true.

As for hockey goons, IM not the one that said they didn't enjoy it, LARAQUE said he didn't enjoy it..Im sure some of them do, if not most of them, but some like Laraque dont.
If you take the history of a goon, none of them started playing hockey to become a goon. They were all pretty good skilled players until reaching juniors or midget and then being converted into a Goon. Some even get converted in the NHL.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 10:21 AM
  #91
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
I don't think you've watched a lot of Laraque but whatever.

How many heavyweight type fighters can you name that play dirty? Boulton is one of the few I can think of. Most of the dirty play is carried out by smaller guys. If a guy like Laraque was acting as a deterrent to dirty play, I'd expect to see some scraps where he tunes dirty players. Here's his list from last year:

Donald Brashear, Brian McGrattan, Krys Barch, Eric Godard, Brian McGrattan, Zdeno Chara, Donald Brashear, Colton Orr, Riley Cote, Raitis Ivanans, Wade Brookbank, Wade Belak, Riley Cote

How many of those guys would you class as the rats of the league...the guys who cripple you? Do you think if I was say Steve Downie and looked at this list that I'd be worried about nailing you from behind because a guy who doesn't like to fight is on the ice and rather than pummel me is going to square off with Riley Cote instead? Geez...that sure teaches me a lesson.

As a player, I'd find the likes of Hollweg, Downie, etc. a heck of a lot more "intimidating" in the sense that I'd know my head would have to be on a swivel at all times. With George? Well I know he's not going to punish me with constant hitting and I know he's only going to square off with my enforcer, so I'm really not too worried. What worries me? Guys like Ulf Samuelsson, Claude Lemieux, Bryan Marchment, etc. These guys take no prisoners every shift.
What about Simon?..
I've seen plenty of Laraque, Im not sure you have. Remember when Pittsburgh were losing to Philly during the season one game and Laraque purposely slipped into Biron to start crap?..what about one game vs us where he elbowed Bouillon(his buddy)??..
Laraque can be a pest if he wants too as well

I don't know what you're trying to say here..Don't get your huge disappointment in hearing Laraque say he doesn't like to fight.
The guy is down to earth, with a minimum of intelligence. The guy would rather play hockey..try to score goal and such then fight..wow..he's such a p***y..

I find it quite hilarious that you think if Downie gives a dirty hit to Kovalev lets say, Laraque won't go see him.

You obviously don't know how things work. Let's say Laraque does square off versus Coté after a dirty Downie hit, and owns him. What do you think Coté will say to Downie?..Keep screwing around..I like to lose fights?..

I don't really get what you're trying to say. All the 3guys you talk about are retired and they used to drop the gloves when they had too as well.
Avery/Downie more intimidating than Laraque, Chara, Simon, Ivanans, Boulton, etc...ya ooooookay there buddy.

Its not because Laraque doesn't like the fight that he wont bash your face in if you start crap.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 10:21 AM
  #92
Wiseman27*
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 157
vCash: 500
Looks like the perfect replacement for Tucker


Wiseman27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 10:47 AM
  #93
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
What about Simon?..
I've seen plenty of Laraque, Im not sure you have. Remember when Pittsburgh were losing to Philly during the season one game and Laraque purposely slipped into Biron to start crap?..what about one game vs us where he elbowed Bouillon(his buddy)??..
Laraque can be a pest if he wants too as well

I don't know what you're trying to say here..Don't get your huge disappointment in hearing Laraque say he doesn't like to fight.
The guy is down to earth, with a minimum of intelligence. The guy would rather play hockey..try to score goal and such then fight..wow..he's such a p***y..

I find it quite hilarious that you think if Downie gives a dirty hit to Kovalev lets say, Laraque won't go see him.

You obviously don't know how things work. Let's say Laraque does square off versus Coté after a dirty Downie hit, and owns him. What do you think Coté will say to Downie?..Keep screwing around..I like to lose fights?..

I don't really get what you're trying to say. All the 3guys you talk about are retired and they used to drop the gloves when they had too as well.
Avery/Downie more intimidating than Laraque, Chara, Simon, Ivanans, Boulton, etc...ya ooooookay there buddy.

Its not because Laraque doesn't like the fight that he wont bash your face in if you start crap.

Yes, Simon was a dirtier heavyweight, though if you've noticed, he isn't in the NHL.

No one is saying George is a wimp. If you can read, you'll see I've already said he's a great fighter, probably the best in the league. I love the guy, as a fighter. As a deterrent, sorry but I'm less than overwhelmed.

Laraques can go see Downie all he wants. Unfortunately, he virtually never DOES anything to a guy like Downie because he is too good of a guy. Strange thing to say but he is. You want a heavy deterrent? Try Link Gaetz. THAT is a big guy you would have to worry about because he was virtually crazy. They didn't call him "The Missing Link" for nothing.

Sorry but your vision of intimidation only works in playgrounds and amongst people who aren't at a high level. Tough players at an NHL level don't cower because a big player says "look out". Tough players at that level know their job and get it done.

Darcy Tucker weighs about 160 lbs soaking wet, yet I've watched him take runs at and knock Chara (who is way bigger) on his butt. If being a big tough guy is such a phenomenal deterrent, why would a guy like Tucker show no quarter to him?

You should probably learn what quotations mean around a word.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 10:52 AM
  #94
Scotianhab
Registered User
 
Scotianhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Savage - Gilmour - Zednik
Rucinsky - Perreault - Audette
N. Sunstrom - Juneau - Dackell
Petrov - Kilger - Asham

That lineup is just plain disgusting. It's so great to see we've gone in a great direction since those atrocious rosters of those couple years.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 10:53 AM
  #95
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
There's a difference between being a science guy and being a financial guy or an Arts Guy or wtv. You liking to take it easy at night or me liking to go out party.

Being a guy that likes to bash in someone's head and see blood pouring out of someone's nose or mouth (Boxing/Cage-Street Fighters) is quite retarded. The fact he eats a lot of blows to the head doesn't help either.
That right there is what you don't understand about fighting. Sure, the odd person likes it for causing injury. A lot of people like it for the more intelligent side. Fighting is a high speed chess match. You have to be quick enough to identify mistakes and capitalize on them. You have to outthink your opponent at high speeds with the penalty for not outthinking them being potentially death.

How many fighters do you see that don't congratulate each other afterwards and have the utmost respect for each other? Do you really think all they want to do is injure each other.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 10:56 AM
  #96
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
I don't think Laraque is going to prevent a guy like Hollweg from playing his game. However, if Hollweg challenges a guy like Begin or Lapierre etc... Laraque has demonstrated in the past that he will step in (i.e., when Archer went after Ruutu, Laraque jumped in).
I agree with that wholeheartedly. He'll definitely step in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Then mr hockey/sports/universe englighten us with your infinite wisdom Oh and please, your "boxing" history means jack squat in here. And unless YOU have the cup rings maybe you shouldn't make it sound as if.

Let's all build a team of pests, since they can't be stopped. They rule unchallenged, and injure players at will without fear of any retribution.
Judging by your response, it appears we have established who the "kid" is in this equation, no?

Nice to see you have no rebuttal. I'm shocked, truly shocked.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-15-2008 at 11:03 AM.
eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 12:50 PM
  #97
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
That right there is what you don't understand about fighting. Sure, the odd person likes it for causing injury. A lot of people like it for the more intelligent side. Fighting is a high speed chess match. You have to be quick enough to identify mistakes and capitalize on them. You have to outthink your opponent at high speeds with the penalty for not outthinking them being potentially death.

How many fighters do you see that don't congratulate each other afterwards and have the utmost respect for each other? Do you really think all they want to do is injure each other.
I remember, many years ago, Mitch Melnick interviewing Rubin Carter, and Carter saying that boxers were usually very gentle people. The people around the sport, well that was often another matter.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 01:24 PM
  #98
roy munson
Registered User
 
roy munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairmanmeow View Post
they don't have a very good defense... are you on crack?
mccabe is awful as a defenseman, kubina played well in tampa, coli is always injured, white is tiny
kaberle and finger are the only ones i'd be excited about on the backend
Is that Coliparovski or Coliparovsky?!?...

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 01:27 PM
  #99
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
Judging by your response, it appears we have established who the "kid" is in this equation, no?

Nice to see you have no rebuttal. I'm shocked, truly shocked.
Here's the bottom line, you did nothing to prove your point except throw a bunch of unrelated crap into the discussion. You have no clue what Laraque can bring to a team like the Canadiens. Saying he's fought only heavyweights and not goning to go after players like Hollweg if they intend to injure our rookies or Kovalev is just plain ignorant. No rebuttal, QQ...

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 01:34 PM
  #100
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 10,885
vCash: 500



Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.