HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas/Buffalo proposal....

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2004, 05:35 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Dallas/Buffalo proposal....

Quite a large trade, but one I think could work out for both teams...

To Dallas: Satan, rights to Zhitnik, Kotalik
To Buffalo: Arnott, Zubov

Dallas can resign Zhitnik for less than Zubov (4.0-4.5 million should do it) and Buffalo gets their PP captain for this season and next. Satan could replace the soon departed Guerin at much less (and will probably have a great season while doing so). Kotalik could add to their depth charts as he will soon be replaced by one of the many youngsters in Buffalo. Buffalo doesn't add any salary (Arnott should sign qualifying offer, which is around 3.85 million, which is 10k than what Zhitnik made, and Kotalik+Satan=6.05 million).

The only problem with this trade is that it hinges on Dallas dumping salary elsewhere, as they really don't dump any salary here.

Old
06-07-2004, 05:40 PM
munkeyman70

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoak
Quite a large trade, but one I think could work out for both teams...

Dallas can resign Zhitnik for less than Zubov (4.0-4.5 million should do it) and Buffalo gets their PP captain for this season and next. Satan could replace the soon departed Guerin at much less (and will probably have a great season while doing so). Kotalik could add to their depth charts as he will soon be replaced by one of the many youngsters in Buffalo. Buffalo doesn't add any salary (Arnott should sign qualifying offer, which is around 3.85 million, which is 10k than what Zhitnik made, and Kotalik+Satan=6.05 million).

The only problem with this trade is that it hinges on Dallas dumping salary elsewhere, as they really don't dump any salary here.
Dallas wouldnt do it. I think they are tired of veterans who dont do anything.

Old
06-07-2004, 05:44 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

No way, not a chance. The Stars can potentially lose Numminen (as good as gone), Matvichuk, Klemm, Sweeney, Therien and Sekeras all due to free agency. They aren't going to trade Zubov or Boucher, their only defensemen under contract, strictly for the rights to a certain player, regardless of his position. In terms of money, this deal is quite even, in terms of value, the Stars are getting ripped apart. It's a lot easier for the Stars to dump salary on a different way then trading their best defenseman and what has arguably been their best center this past season.

That, and the Stars dump around 20/25 million this upcomming season and this is without Bill Guerin's potential departure.

Old
06-07-2004, 05:47 PM
The Frugal Gourmet

I think if Dallas is trading veterans they want young players/prospects now. I don't see a veteran for veteran swap transpiring at this point.

Old
06-08-2004, 07:20 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Erg. no. no no no. i dont want arrnot, who will do nothing for our young team apart from clog up someone elses space. Zubov is an offensive defensman who i dont think we can trust with large minutes. Certainly not the Big Dman we need.

If we're going to trade Satan, i want a CLEAR no.1 defensman who's strong, or a 30 goal scoring 65+ point getting forward.

The rights to Zhitnik are worthless as he wants to test the market as a UFA anyway.

Old
06-08-2004, 07:33 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
Erg. no. no no no. i dont want arrnot, who will do nothing for our young team apart from clog up someone elses space. Zubov is an offensive defensman who i dont think we can trust with large minutes. Certainly not the Big Dman we need.

If we're going to trade Satan, i want a CLEAR no.1 defensman who's strong, or a 30 goal scoring 65+ point getting forward.

The rights to Zhitnik are worthless as he wants to test the market as a UFA anyway.
Zubov isn't an offensive defenseman, he is widely considered as one of the top two-way defensemen in the game today. If he isn't a clear cut #1 defenseman, there aren't more who are. The Stars would never trade Zubov for Satan.. Zubov is worth so much more, even with his salary.

Old
06-08-2004, 07:57 AM
SabresRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = Dud
Zubov isn't an offensive defenseman, he is widely considered as one of the top two-way defensemen in the game today. If he isn't a clear cut #1 defenseman, there aren't more who are. The Stars would never trade Zubov for Satan.. Zubov is worth so much more, even with his salary.
Erm, i disagree, Satan is our no.1 player talent wise. 70+ points and 25+ goals every single year, while playing every game or close to it every year is very hard to come by, even at his salary and off year, his a prized sniper.

Old
06-08-2004, 08:08 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Erm, i disagree, Satan is our no.1 player talent wise. 70+ points and 25+ goals every single year, while playing every game or close to it every year is very hard to come by, even at his salary and off year, his a prized sniper.
Zubov is a top 10, or you could even make a case for top 5, defenseman with extremely rare playmaking skills, he has a general skillset few to no defenseman have these days. A two-way defenseman with 50/60 point upside is a hell of a lot more valueble than a 25/30 goal scoring winger. Let alone when you also consider the facts that Zubov raises his game in the playoffs and is actually a very good leader.

Old
06-08-2004, 10:24 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoak
I would love Zubov, but Dallas probably wouldn't go for this.

Old
06-08-2004, 12:36 PM
SabresRule

Quote:
Zubov is a top 10, or you could even make a case for top 5, defenseman with extremely rare playmaking skills, he has a general skillset few to no defenseman have these days. A two-way defenseman with 50/60 point upside is a hell of a lot more valueble than a 25/30 goal scoring winger. Let alone when you also consider the facts that Zubov raises his game in the playoffs and is actually a very good leader.
As much as i'd love to sit here and disagree, im in a small minority here, combined with the fact i dont know a whole lot about his current game, ill take your word for it.

Zubov would give us a top 2 defensman, a veteran, and a 2 way defensman. he would be a good fit, but Dallas wouldnt want Satan. Unless Kotalik, Dumont, Rights to Zhitnik, and a 2nd are any use, i cant see anything you'd want.

nor do i actually know what Dallas are looking to do.

Last edited by SabresRule: 06-09-2004 at 12:02 PM.
Old
06-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
nor do i actually know what Dallas are looking to do.
Neither do I..

Old
06-08-2004, 01:14 PM
littleHossa

Martin Erat.

Old
06-08-2004, 02:18 PM
Freezerburn

Quote:
im in a small majority here
A bit of an oxymoron, no?

In regards to the trade, I would love to have Zubov but the Stars would not go for it. That trade comes down to Satan and Kotalik for Zubov, as Zhitnik is set to become an UFA. If Dallas is in need of defensemen maybe they would be interested in one of ours going back in place of Kotalik. Or even leave Kotalik in the trade and have Dallas add something coming to the Sabres.

Last edited by Freezerburn: 06-09-2004 at 05:47 PM.
Old
06-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
This deal would be great for the Sabres, so you know damn well it'll never happen.

Old
06-09-2004, 12:03 PM
SabresRule

Alright, i do want Zubov. What would you guys want for him? Tallinder? Kotalik? Dumont?

we have RW's a plenty.

Old
06-09-2004, 12:08 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Alright, i do want Zubov. What would you guys want for him? Tallinder? Kotalik? Dumont?

we have RW's a plenty.
Zubov is not available, period.

Old
06-09-2004, 12:39 PM
SabresRule

Quote:
Zubov is not available, period.
Ok, what the hell, didnt this topic start with a Zubov trade? when was he mentionend.

Old
06-09-2004, 12:53 PM
munkeyman70

Quote:

we have RW's a plenty.

Stars wont trade thier #1 defense man for forwards....I think we have 3 dmen signed for next year...

Old
06-09-2004, 03:59 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Quote:

It is so blatantly obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.

As for the forementioned proposal, Zubov would be a great addition, but Dallas has no reason to deal him.

Old
06-09-2004, 04:55 PM
SabresRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSabre
It is so blatantly obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.

As for the forementioned proposal, Zubov would be a great addition, but Dallas has no reason to deal him.
Too late, i admitted i was wrong on zubov. Arnott i dont want. and Satan we need to much to give away.

Old
06-10-2004, 04:12 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Ales Kotalik for John Erskine??

am I close??

Old
06-10-2004, 04:51 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
Ales Kotalik for John Erskine??

am I close??
You're probably overpaying, but the Stars will likely have Lessard playing that position next season. It would open an extra hole if Guerin leaves, so then it might be a great deal for the Stars.

Old
06-10-2004, 05:21 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
You're probably overpaying, but the Stars will likely have Lessard playing that position next season. It would open an extra hole if Guerin leaves, so then it might be a great deal for the Stars.
Most are suspecting Kotalik will be gone by next season because he suffered an injury(I beleive a knee or hip injury) and then Coach Lindy Ruff qustioned his toughness and the injury itself through the media.
I would think that it would lower his value though so IMO the Sabres wouldn't be overpaying...

Closed Thread