HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luring Sundin?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-15-2008, 03:25 PM
  #76
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,684
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
from where would the room come to sign Sundin? Figure Rozsival, Redden, Drury, Gomez and Lundqvist are locks. There's less than $20MM left for the rest of the roster. There just isn't room for Sundin, unless he comes to NY for a dirt cheap price which I don't see him doing. For Sather to create room, one of the aforementioned would have to go - I just don't see that happening.
easy, just employ a 15 man roster and bam, you got some cap space.

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 06:18 PM
  #77
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,258
vCash: 500
Naslund Sundin Dubinsky
Drury Gomez Zherdev
Korpikoski Fritsche Callahan
Sjostrom Betts Voros
Orr

Staal Redden
Rozsival Girardi
Mara Kalinin
Pock

Henrik
Vally

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 06:26 PM
  #78
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Naslund Sundin Dubinsky
Drury Gomez Zherdev
Korpikoski Fritsche Callahan
Sjostrom Betts Voros
Orr

Staal Redden
Rozsival Girardi
Mara Kalinin
Pock

Henrik
Vally
there is a salary cap

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 06:35 PM
  #79
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,684
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
there is a salary cap
minor detail

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 06:38 PM
  #80
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
minor detail
haha, yeah unless Sundin just doesnt care about getting Big $$ he might* sign a contract worth 800k per season




*=1/1,000,000,000 chance

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 06:57 PM
  #81
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
haha, yeah unless Sundin just doesnt care about getting Big $$ he might* sign a contract worth 800k per season









*=1/1,000,000,000 chance
The Rangers could just try something like this!


trade Prucha for a pick----Subtract $1.6M

demote Korpikoski----Subtract $1.0

waive/trade Pock-----Subtract $600k

trade Sjustrom for a Pick----Subtracting any future contract...

sign Dawes to a $850,000 contract

That gives the Rangers about $1.8M to play with (it also assumes your going to have a 22 man roster with no 7th defenseman) and you need some space incase of injury(ies)

I don't see how they can pull it off....UNLESS....Sundin signs for $1M...which isn't going to happen...

I'm putting the odds at


*=1/1,000,000,001 chance

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 06:59 PM
  #82
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
The Rangers could just try something like this!


trade Prucha for a pick----Subtract $1.6M

demote Korpikoski----Subtract $1.0

waive/trade Pock-----Subtract $600k

trade Sjustrom for a Pick----Subtracting any future contract...

sign Dawes to a $850,000 contract

That gives the Rangers about $1.8M to play with (it also assumes your going to have a 22 man roster with no 7th defenseman) and you need some space incase of injury(ies)

I don't see how they can pull it off....UNLESS....Sundin signs for $1M...which isn't going to happen...

I'm putting the odds at


*=1/1,000,000,001 chance
haha, personally i'd rather not get sundin. he doesnt fit the speed type game we have right now.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 07:07 PM
  #83
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
there is a salary cap

Naslund Sundin Dubinsky (not including Sundin, 4.633)
Drury Gomez Zherdev (16.91)
Korpikoski Fritsche Callahan (2.45)
Sjostrom Betts Voros(2.49)
Orr (.537)
Forwards total not including Sundin:27.02
1.5 in dead cap space
28.52

Staal Redden (7.327)
Rozsival Girardi (6.55)
Mara Kalinin (4.05)
Pock (.667)
Total D: 18.594

Henrik (6.875)
Vally (.725)
Total Goalie: 7.6
Cap Space :57.6
Total Salary not including Sundin:54.714
Total to pay Sundin: 2.886 Mil

If Sundin wont take that money, oh, well, no harm, no foul, just put in Prucha and Dawes, and rework the lineup.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 09:00 PM
  #84
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Naslund Sundin Dubinsky
Drury Gomez Zherdev
Korpikoski Fritsche Callahan
Sjostrom Betts Voros
Orr

Staal Redden
Rozsival Girardi
Mara Kalinin
Pock

Henrik
Vally
I like the look of that. Except no Dawes.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 09:33 PM
  #85
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,987
vCash: 500
pass on sundin unless he wants to sign for 4-5 million(including bonuses)

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 09:06 PM
  #86
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Mats Sundin

Okay, I know this is probably a 1 in 1,000,000,000 chance that this happens. but do you guys/girls think that Mats is waiting to see how much Cap Space the Rangers have until he makes his final desicion? They have, what around 1 mil in cap space left. then they sign Sjo to around 700-800k contract then move one of there bottom six fowards to the minors (i think its going to be Rissmiller) and you have around 1.2-1.3 mil in cap space. Mats does have $100,000,000 in the bank right now, and the guy hasnt accepted the highest contract ever in the New-NHL.So my question is, do you think it is a possibility he would go for a $1.3 mil contract?

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 09:12 PM
  #87
sattar18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
Okay, I know this is probably a 1 in 1,000,000,000 chance that this happens. but do you guys/girls think that Mats is waiting to see how much Cap Space the Rangers have until he makes his final desicion? They have, what around 1 mil in cap space left. then they sign Sjo to around 700-800k contract then move one of there bottom six fowards to the minors (i think its going to be Rissmiller) and you have around 1.2-1.3 mil in cap space. Mats does have $100,000,000 in the bank right now, and the guy hasnt accepted the highest contract ever in the New-NHL.So my question is, do you think it is a possibility he would go for a $1.3 mil contract?
i dont want to sound like an ass but why would he give up 10 mill from the nucks to 1.3 mill from the rangers. Sure they have alot better chance to win the cup the the nucks but wouldnt he just go to another team that has a better chance then the rangers for that chance?

sattar18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 09:13 PM
  #88
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sattar18 View Post
i dont want to sound like an ass but why would he give up 10 mill from the nucks to 1.3 mill from the rangers. Sure they have alot better chance to win the cup the the nucks but wouldnt he just go to another team that has a better chance then the rangers for that chance?
because he already has 100 million dollars

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 09:18 PM
  #89
sattar18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
because he already has 100 million dollars
yes but wouldnt he just go to the wings for 1.3 mill or stars or maybe 2-3 other teams that have a better chance to win the cup then the rangers.

sattar18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 09:18 PM
  #90
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,139
vCash: 500
Do we really need yet another thread about Sundin? Especially since there is absolutely no new news about his situation and the thread from yesterday is still available if y'all just take the time to scroll about halfway down this page?

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 09:20 PM
  #91
NoamHemsky
Registered User
 
NoamHemsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
because he already has 100 million dollars
then he's should just play for free. You guys should offer him that deal. I'm sure he'll be there in a jiffy.

NoamHemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 09:23 PM
  #92
Chain Attack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,308
vCash: 500
Maybe if he had business interests in New York. Otherwise it's highly unlikely. Plus, I imagine the players association and his agent would do everything in their power to deter him from signing such a contract.

Chain Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 09:33 PM
  #93
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sattar18 View Post
yes but wouldnt he just go to the wings for 1.3 mill or stars or maybe 2-3 other teams that have a better chance to win the cup then the rangers.
The Rangers were also the only team he did contact. Im only speculating, and if you read my post i said its highly unlikely

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 09:34 PM
  #94
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cob View Post
then he's should just play for free. You guys should offer him that deal. I'm sure he'll be there in a jiffy.
Great Post i'm sure you'll make a man very happy one day

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 09:54 PM
  #95
ran1gers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
He had a 100,000,000 all in one bank that only insures up to 100,000 so he is just about broke...don't think we get him for 1.3 mil

ran1gers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 10:05 PM
  #96
NoamHemsky
Registered User
 
NoamHemsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
Great Post i'm sure you'll make a man very happy one day
wow, that was intelligent.

I wasn't sure you were capable topping your previous post. But two, well thought out, inspiring posts in a row?

Man, you are on a roll! Way to go, champ!

NoamHemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 10:13 PM
  #97
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cob View Post
wow, that was intelligent.

I wasn't sure you were capable topping your previous post. But two, well thought out, inspiring posts in a row?

Man, you are on a roll! Way to go, champ!
thanks, but i guess your too incompitent to realize the part. okay *********, go back to your own teams board.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 10:16 PM
  #98
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,581
vCash: 500
I really, really hope we don't sign Sundin (so we probably will). We're already stacked at center and I don't want to take away any of Dubi's ice time.

Basically, I just don't see where he fits with this team. We need more wings.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 10:17 PM
  #99
NoamHemsky
Registered User
 
NoamHemsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
thanks, but i guess your too incompitent to realize the part. okay *********, go back to your own teams board.
lol... you're not the happy, fluffy character you would expect to be associated with a Bubblegum Gang.

I'll leave you to your dreams of grandeur.

NoamHemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 10:18 PM
  #100
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ran1gers View Post
He had a 100,000,000 all in one bank that only insures up to 100,000 so he is just about broke...don't think we get him for 1.3 mil
??

Did he have all 100 M with IndyMac?

haha

HatTrick Swayze is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.