HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Kevin Klein signed - 2 years/1.3 million

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-16-2008, 10:42 AM
  #1
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,462
vCash: 500
Kevin Klein signed - 2 years/1.3 million

http://predators.nhl.com/team/app/?s...ticleid=368498

This is good for the team, and it hopefully it is an indication that he will be given an inside shot at a starting role.

Keep in mind - he is still only 23 and was drafted the same year as Suter and Weber. He turns 24 in December.

http://predators.nhl.com/team/app/?s...ayerId=8470630

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 10:58 AM
  #2
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Good signing!

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 01:12 PM
  #3
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,856
vCash: 500
I can't believe he signed for that little.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 02:25 PM
  #4
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Argentina
Posts: 23,121
vCash: 500
Sayonara VK

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 02:47 PM
  #5
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,856
vCash: 500
Why you say that Dave? Devries and Zanon are on their last years and Franson may not be ready by then.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 02:50 PM
  #6
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Argentina
Posts: 23,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Why you say that Dave? Devries and Zanon are on their last years and Franson may not be ready by then.
Because I believe that Franson is ready, he looked GREAT at the Prospects Camp, and I'd rather him be in the Top 7 than Ville "quicker than a Tortoise" Koistinen

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 02:50 PM
  #7
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Why you say that Dave? Devries and Zanon are on their last years and Franson may not be ready by then.
But Sulzer is, Laakso likely will be, and I think it is doubtful that Franson needs more than 1 more year. Still, I like Koistenen and would hate to see him walk. My post is just to point out the alternatives .

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 02:59 PM
  #8
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,856
vCash: 500
So in that situation, you could say that Klein has just become very economical trade bait.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 03:03 PM
  #9
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
Because I believe that Franson is ready, he looked GREAT at the Prospects Camp, and I'd rather him be in the Top 7 than Ville "quicker than a Tortoise" Koistinen
Sulzer and Laakso are NHL-ready, possibly better than Franson at the moment. Hell, Blum might be NHL ready with the additional 20 pounds he's put on. Franson, however. still needs to work on skating and transition and playing more physical for a guy his size. And I would much rather have him getting 1st pairing minutes in Milwaukee than being the 6th/7th like VK would be in Nashville.

I highly doubt we get rid of Koistinen. He'll make less than $1M this year so there's no reason not to hang on to him because he can actually play way beyond that salary.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 04:44 PM
  #10
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Sulzer and Laakso are NHL-ready, possibly better than Franson at the moment. Hell, Blum might be NHL ready with the additional 20 pounds he's put on. Franson, however. still needs to work on skating and transition and playing more physical for a guy his size. And I would much rather have him getting 1st pairing minutes in Milwaukee than being the 6th/7th like VK would be in Nashville.

I highly doubt we get rid of Koistinen. He'll make less than $1M this year so there's no reason not to hang on to him because he can actually play way beyond that salary.
I agree on all points, but I do think Blum needs another year, possibly two, to be truly ready for the NHL. There is no need to rush Franson, and if we develop him correctly (which its hard to say that he hasn't taken a step forward each year), he will be an absolute stud on the backend.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 08:28 PM
  #11
darth5
Rowsdower!
 
darth5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,394
vCash: 500
Look, guys, Defense is our depth position. We've traded away assets that likely play NHL this year. Now DP can walk away if VK gets a ridiculous arbitration award, he has Klein in the fold- who seems solid by all indications but still has to prove he can play quality NHL minutes. We have others (Laakso, Sulzer) than can step up so this sends a message to Ville. If I were him I would have my agent trying to get a deal now.

If this were at the forward position it is a whole different coversation.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 09:46 PM
  #12
braindead
Registered User
 
braindead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,755
vCash: 500
If Kevin can't step up and take Zanon's spot in the top 6 before the all-star break, he should be very ashamed. Great signing by Poile and glad to see KK was interested in staying (or at least couldn't find an offer sheet).

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 11:19 AM
  #13
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,655
vCash: 50
Id take that paycheck to sit on the bench as the 7th dman!


Seriously though, good signing, great price.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 11:53 AM
  #14
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
If Kevin can't step up and take Zanon's spot in the top 6 before the all-star break, he should be very ashamed. Great signing by Poile and glad to see KK was interested in staying (or at least couldn't find an offer sheet).
It is highly debatable that he has been ready to take his spot for the past 2-3 seasons....Zanon is just one of Trotz 'guys'.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.