HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Filatov signs Entry Deal

Old
07-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Go to dispatch.com and read Ray Stein's mailbox. The first letter was a complaint about how much Jackets coverage there was during the draft and free agency. The writer wanted to see more offseason Buckeye football coverage.
I read that letter Sunday morning.

What an A$$!!!

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 04:54 PM
RDriesenUD

check this out

and the khl wants us to give them money for Filatov when he doesnt have a contract anymore. Radulov still has a contract with Nashville.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=534878

RDriesenUD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETS! on the PP View Post
I can't pronounce the names ... I'm a freakin' idiot .

Somebody should hipcheck him into Block O.
Yeah, seriously. If that is his biggest complaint, then he needs some ****ing culture in his life. But then trying to sound out names with Z's and V's in them would take away from his precious Buckeye football-watching time

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 04:58 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesen16 View Post
and the khl wants us to give them money for Filatov when he he doesnt have a contract anymore. Radulov still has a contract with Nashville.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=534878
As its my understanding, Filatov NEVER had a contract with a KHL team....That said, this is scary if true...

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Casework

I hate to say this but this is already starting to make me feel better about the Zherdev trade, if true. Radulov is probably his best friend in the NHL.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 05:00 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Anybody think there's any chance Filatov comes into camp and basically blows the coaches away and sends Brassard back to Syracuse?

Old
07-10-2008, 05:03 PM
MFRONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by contingent_23 View Post
Anybody think there's any chance Filatov comes into camp and basically blows the coaches away and sends Brassard back to Syracuse?
Not a chance

MFRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
That would be great, but no.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Skraut

Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casework View Post
I hate to say this but this is already starting to make me feel better about the Zherdev trade, if true. Radulov is probably his best friend in the NHL.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
That makes Nashville alot easier to beat.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 05:14 PM
futurcorerock

Funny how you guys are harping on BuckNut accusing the rag of being off topic when.................

So, Filatov is coming over soon, YAY!!!!

futurcorerock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 05:23 PM
FlaggerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2430...s=topStory_nhl

TSN reporting an agreement between the NHL and the new Russian league has been reached. No mention specifically of Filatov. I assume this will affect how this plays out.
I'm not surprised. The reason top talents get the big bucks is because they are very, very hard to respect. Sure you could pay me to play hockey, but nobody in his right mind would want to. Should the Russian federation overplay its hand (and I think they have) Russian players will bolt anyway until Russia pays NHL salaries. Punish them by holding them out of international competition? That will last until Russia loses a few games their fans expect they should have won.

Frankly, it sounds like they're simply trying to extort money of of the NHL. (The sell tickets in Russia don' they?) When top players want to play here, they will because all they really need is a visa. I think this is likely a temporary pain in the tail. And I'm looking forward to seeing Comrade Filatov on our ice.

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 05:36 PM
CapnCornelius

We'll see how this plays out. The Predators have a savvy GM. If this is true, I'm betting he's going to work to quickly find a replacement.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 05:39 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
That makes Nashville alot easier to beat.
Not really... Wake me up when Tootoo is no longer on their team...

Old
07-10-2008, 05:45 PM
FlaggerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
We'll see how this plays out. The Predators have a savvy GM. If this is true, I'm betting he's going to work to quickly find a replacement.
True, but without sniffing around the Nashville boards, I'd say this is a problem their GM didn't expect until next year. Of course Nashville will own him should he return to the NHL, but dropping one of the top people out of the blue certainly hurts the club.

I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 06:07 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
KHL is starting to get crazy. Jagr and Radulov leaving this year makes me wonder who's going to jump ship next season. Semin? Zherdev? Who knows...

The money must good but who in the hell wants to play in a league with a team from Kazakhstan? If Finland and Swedish teams join next year the travel is going to be thousands of miles between cities! I'm hoping this little adventure fails and fails soon. Thank god no Canadian in his right mind would go to that league. I'm still burned about Svitov going to Avangard Omsk.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 06:18 PM
cbjpointman
It begins here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru View Post
KHL is starting to get crazy. Jagr and Radulov leaving this year makes me wonder who's going to jump ship next season. Semin? Zherdev? Who knows...

The money must good but who in the hell wants to play in a league with a team from Kazakhstan? If Finland and Swedish teams join next year the travel is going to be thousands of miles between cities! I'm hoping this little adventure fails and fails soon. Thank god no Canadian in his right mind would go to that league. I'm still burned about Svitov going to Avangard Omsk.
Good that Ray Emery is wacko..

cbjpointman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Pluckfur

I don't suppose there's any chance that Raffi Torres is Russian ...

poop.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
The money must good but who in the hell wants to play in a league with a team from Kazakhstan? If Finland and Swedish teams join next year the travel is going to be thousands of miles between cities! .
NYC to LA is 3000 miles

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 10:32 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

NY to LA Oz?

Maybe thats why their in diff divisions eh?

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 11:28 PM
FeedDaPuck

Quote:

Who in the hell wants to play in a league with a team from Manitoba or from Saskatchewan??? BTW - Kazakhstan - produced the likes of Nabokov, Antropov, etc... Ak Bars - a Bashkirian team (I doubt you have ever heard of that region - has the likes of Morozov, Zinovyev and Zaripov - the best trio outside of NHL)... On the other hand no Canadian is going to sign there (Damn me - I am going to agree with PluckFur)... Check their rosters and THEN talk... You would be surprised... Currently SKA St. Petersbug is negotiating with Shannahan. (BTW - Do you know where good ol' Canadian boy Lecavalier spends his summers??? Yep, Ca.... RUSSIA!)

Get off of your high ignorant stereotypical horse - and stop dividing players into Russians and Canadians... This ain't Olympics... KHL - most likely will fail, but does NHL need competition? Absolutely! Will it dilute the talent? Doubt it.. It will actually create more of it... Radulov is a bum for not honoring his contract - just like any Russian player that has one and bolts here (EXCEPT - contracts that were signed by players when they were younger than 18)

FeedDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 06:50 PM
3 goals = chili

Send a message via Skype™ to 3 goals = chili
Nik gets his contract "officially" approved by the NHL yesterday

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2008/07...approved.shtml

3 goals = chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 07:25 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedDaPuck View Post
Who in the hell wants to play in a league with a team from Manitoba or from Saskatchewan??? BTW - Kazakhstan - produced the likes of Nabokov, Antropov, etc... Ak Bars - a Bashkirian team (I doubt you have ever heard of that region - has the likes of Morozov, Zinovyev and Zaripov - the best trio outside of NHL)... On the other hand no Canadian is going to sign there (Damn me - I am going to agree with PluckFur)... Check their rosters and THEN talk... You would be surprised... Currently SKA St. Petersbug is negotiating with Shannahan. (BTW - Do you know where good ol' Canadian boy Lecavalier spends his summers??? Yep, Ca.... RUSSIA!)

Get off of your high ignorant stereotypical horse - and stop dividing players into Russians and Canadians... This ain't Olympics... KHL - most likely will fail, but does NHL need competition? Absolutely! Will it dilute the talent? Doubt it.. It will actually create more of it... Radulov is a bum for not honoring his contract - just like any Russian player that has one and bolts here (EXCEPT - contracts that were signed by players when they were younger than 18)
Well, excuuusssssseeeeeeee me princess. You're one to talk about high horses.

I'm fully aware that the KHL is going to be the 2nd best league in the world. When you can attract the star power of a 35 year old Jozef Stumpel to play for Barys Astana you've obviously got staying power. You have fun with that.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote