HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: NY State Help...

Old
07-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Ghost of Saku

vCash: 500
OT: NY State Help...

Sorry to post this here but I figure I would be giving myself the best chance at getting a realistic and accurate answer. To make a long story short, a friend and I are driving down to Lake George from Montreal next week and then want to hit up the Woodbury Outlets (http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet...tions.asp?id=7)

I've been told Lake George is about 3 hours from here but how much further are we going to travel time-wise to reach the outlets? I'm asking because I want to plan the trip accordingly - Thanks.

P.S. Dubinsky gets Montreal love

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 11:24 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

According to Yahoo! Maps, 2 hours 37 minutes from Lake George to Woodbury

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=41....1%2C-74.130036

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 11:25 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

I used to live about 5 miles from Woodbury Commons(outlets). its probably around 2 and a half hours from Lake George. Really its nothing special, just a bunch of Metro-sexual Asians.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
According to Yahoo! Maps, 2 hours 37 minutes from Lake George to Woodbury

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=41....1%2C-74.130036
Thats accurate. theres usually no traffic either on that route too. I just went to Siene(Loudondale), because my bro goes there and drove back to my parents house(Monroe-Woodbury...Best Town save NYC)

Old
07-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Komisaurus if you have any questions about the are or anything just PM. i know that town like the back of my hand.

Old
07-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Ghost of Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
Komisaurus if you have any questions about the are or anything just PM. i know that town like the back of my hand.
Lake George or Woodbury Outlets?

Old
07-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisaurus View Post
Lake George or Woodbury Outlets?
Woodbury Outlets area.

Old
07-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Ghost of Saku

Maybe you guys can give me ideas on how to plan this trip then. We're leaving Montreal Sunday 20th in the morning and want to accomplish this:

Lake George Beach - Golfing - Outlets .. The thing is, we're leaving to come back on the 22nd...

I think driving time is really gonna kill us

Old
07-16-2008, 11:34 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
I used to live about 5 miles from Woodbury Commons(outlets). its probably around 2 and a half hours from Lake George. Really its nothing special, just a bunch of Metro-sexual Asians.
So true . They do have good bargains though, so if you need clothes it's a good place to go. Although I went last week and there actually weren't many Asians.

Old
07-16-2008, 11:34 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Maybe you guys can give me ideas on how to plan this trip then. We're leaving Montreal Sunday 20th in the morning and want to accomplish this:

Lake George Beach - Golfing - Outlets .. The thing is, we're leaving to come back on the 22nd...

I think driving time is really gonna kill us
Your Leaving the 20th so... I would leave really early go to the Beach the day of the 20th, Golf on the 21st, and then drive down to Monroe-Newburgh Area. Get a hotel of course. Shop at Woodbury commons and then leave to Montreal. Its probably around 5-6 hour drive to Montreal for Monroe-Newburgh Area.

Old
07-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
So true . They do have good bargains though, so if you need clothes it's a good place to go. Although I went last week and there actually weren't many Asians.
its european season then. alot of eastern euro's go during summer and asians go fall/spring. They are EVERYWHERE. and to the OP you may also see a thing called a Hasidic, dont stare and you'll be okay

Old
07-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Ghost of Saku

Quote:
Your Leaving the 20th so... I would leave really early go to the Beach the day of the 20th, Golf on the 21st, and then drive down to Monroe-Newburgh Area. Get a hotel of course. Shop at Woodbury commons and then leave to Montreal. Its probably around 5-6 hour drive to Montreal for Monroe-Newburgh Area.
I was thinking maybe driving all the way down to the outlets first and then spending the last day and a half in Lake George - but either way makes no difference for time travel

Old
07-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
I was thinking maybe driving all the way down to the outlets first and then spending the last day and a half in Lake George - but either way makes no difference for time travel
yeah, either way is fine.

Old
07-17-2008, 07:04 AM
Smashley

I practically live (and soon will be permanently) in Lake George, if you are looking to hit more outlets outside of LG, you may want to consider Manchester VT, not as long of a drive as down state (maybe an hr and 15 from LG?) and they are extremely nice. Make a stop at Northshire Bookstore. I don't even like books and I love that place.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...,0.884399&z=10

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 07:17 AM
Ghost of Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
I practically live (and soon will be permanently) in Lake George, if you are looking to hit more outlets outside of LG, you may want to consider Manchester VT, not as long of a drive as down state (maybe an hr and 15 from LG?) and they are extremely nice. Make a stop at Northshire Bookstore. I don't even like books and I love that place.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...,0.884399&z=10
Thanks for the suggestion - I checked out the Manchester VT outlets website and it looks like it's very high-end stores only (hell, even the surrounding hotels look high-end) - Am I wrong here? Cause we wanted outlets that had a little more variety since I barely recognize many of the names on the site

Old
07-17-2008, 09:00 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
Sorry to post this here but I figure I would be giving myself the best chance at getting a realistic and accurate answer. To make a long story short, a friend and I are driving down to Lake George from Montreal next week and then want to hit up the Woodbury Outlets (http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet...tions.asp?id=7)

I've been told Lake George is about 3 hours from here but how much further are we going to travel time-wise to reach the outlets? I'm asking because I want to plan the trip accordingly - Thanks.

whoo! I was in Lake George yesterday... it reminds me of Whindom (or however you spell it).

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion - I checked out the Manchester VT outlets website and it looks like it's very high-end stores only (hell, even the surrounding hotels look high-end) - Am I wrong here? Cause we wanted outlets that had a little more variety since I barely recognize many of the names on the site
There are a TON of outlets in Manchester, and it's much closer (and nicer) than Woodbury.

As for golf in LG, check out Top of the World for a great view of the Lake. If you want to spend a lot of money AND get your arse kicked by a golf course, check out the Sagamore Hotel's golf course.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 10:08 AM
RANGERS2448

Quote:
bubble are u from thr monroe/harriman area

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:

You can do it in a little over 2 hours. Really going to depend on the traffic. Great ride though coming down from MTL. Are you going to pit stop in Lake Placid? Such a cool place.

btw- Woodbury Outlets are a great place to people watch! You get all kinds there. The food courts such though!

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Forechecker

The only caveat I'd give on Woodbury is if you hit them on a weekend, the traffic will kill you.

Old
07-17-2008, 10:47 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
You can do it in a little over 2 hours. Really going to depend on the traffic. Great ride though coming down from MTL. Are you going to pit stop in Lake Placid? Such a cool place.

btw- Woodbury Outlets are a great place to people watch! You get all kinds there. The food courts such though!
The food court is a disaster on the weekends usually. You have to fight people to find a table to sit at it seems. It's funny because now they even have a currency exchange desk in the food court.

Old
07-17-2008, 10:48 AM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

I too would recommend Manchester. Woodbury isn't the haven for deal-seekers it used to be and it tends to get really crowded.

I also agree with the folks who said the drive will be great and relaxing. If you're going during uncommon driving hours [ie middle of the night], chances are you can have the whole Northway to yourself.

Last edited by DonCherrysSuit: 07-17-2008 at 04:27 PM.
DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Forechecker

Also, something I've noticed on the Northway lately is a lot more cops sitting in speed traps. My guess is that they've been told to cut their cruising due to gas prices. So, judging by the way most Quebecois drive on the Northway, you may want to watch your speed!

Old
07-17-2008, 10:59 AM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Also, something I've noticed on the Northway lately is a lot more cops sitting in speed traps. My guess is that they've been told to cut their cruising due to gas prices. So, judging by the way most Quebecois drive on the Northway, you may want to watch your speed!
Yeah man, don't ever speed on the northway, or really anywhere on the whole drive. I've gotten pulled over outside of Plattsburgh a few times and I've come to realize that if you speed, you'll get caught. There's just too many cops out there, and too many small towns that derive most of their income from ticketing out-of-towners on the highway...

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:22 AM
RANGERS2448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo23 View Post
Yeah man, don't ever speed on the northway, or really anywhere on the whole drive. I've gotten pulled over outside of Plattsburgh a few times and I've come to realize that if you speed, you'll get caught. There's just too many cops out there, and too many small towns that derive most of their income from ticketing out-of-towners on the highway...
same on the thruway (87/287) there every were also say they are cracking down on agreesive driveing bla bla bla

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote